Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:35:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Domestic Violence Against Men in America
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Domestic Violence Against Men in America  (Read 1524 times)
BlackmanX

View Profile WWW
« on: August 29, 2004, 04:02:40 PM »

I am an activist and i have noticed something that scared the gotcha2 out of me. Cops think domestic violence is a gender issue and not a human issue.

My younger brother was in a relationship with a violent woman who hurt him and later had him arrested for something that he didn't do. I am astonished that something like this could happen.

That was before I learned certain things.

A lot of women will hurt their men. Men are programmed to restrain themselves when attacked by a female. Violent women will attack anyone and thanks to today's laws, suffer no consequences for it at all.

I find this unfair. As a man, I think laws should be fair and that both men and women deserve equal treatment before the law.

Cops assume that only the male can be the aggressor. They dont know that some violent women will abuse their men and sometimes their children. Not all women are victims. That's a nasty stereotype. Some are dangerous predators. After what happened to my brother, I decided to fight for those the police simply wont help. Battered  Men.

We all  know  of   Battered  Women.  The "innocent"  victims  of  an  abusive man.   What  about  Battered  Men ?  Many men have been  programmed  not  to  hurt  women.  They are told that it is wrong since  childhood.  Little  girls  grow  up  thinking  that  it is  okay  to  hit  boys and  that  boys wont  hit  back.
It  goes  on  until  they  are  adults.  Abusive  women  who  hurt  their  men  do  not fear   consequences  before  the law.  Cops  think  that  all  men are abusers  and all  women  are their  victims.  That's  the  Feminist  perspective.    The  truth  is  that abuse  swings  both ways.   Men  can  abuse women.  Most don't.  Out  of  principle.   Women  can  abuse  men and they  do.   They  have never  been  told  that  it  is  wrong to hit  a man  and  the  cops  and  prosecutors  will  always side
against  the  male  in  a domestic  violence  situation.

I find it pretty sad. Have you ever witnessed female on male domestic abuse ? What did you do ? I am new to this and your advice is welcome. It's a tricky double standard in our society and a lot of men are suffering because of it.

That's not fair.

Your thoughts are welcome.
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 04:09:58 PM »

Hello BlackmanX, Grin

I can agree with most of your post here! Although Not all police treat men that they are the bad ones.  It all depends on the cops attitude towards people and his or her fellow Sisters and Brothers that help pay their salary every year.

I am not an expert, I do agree men can me abused and this is Very sad, I am so sorry  Cry Cry..

Blessings Bro,  \o/

MsGuidedAngel
AKA
KristiAnn

FaithfulFollower

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 11:53:25 AM »

BlackmanX,

This is a rather disturbing topic, am glad you brought it to my attention. I agree fully with MisguidedAngel, law enforcement has lost much of its value that it once held within the past, however there are still some good officers out there.

Yet, I am going to have to agree with you that in most situations it looks like the man is the only one to blame and that is not necessarily true. Though God may have made a man to be the protector and the woman as the nurturer over time it appears many of us have forgotten this, and tend to do as we please. Anger is something that leads to many a man as well as a woman's own downfall. We all need to consider that domestic violence is not a one sided coin. For just as the coin as two sides so does this situation.

For women are being highly underestimated if not completely overlooked. For women are not always the victim here. The same could be said of rape as well as molestation and very many other situations.

Once again thank you for posting on this matter.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

With God ALL Things ARE Possible!
BlackmanX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 03:56:23 PM »

You're  welcome.   This  topic  brought  to  you  by  your  online, politically incorrect,  social activist  black  Christian  man.  peace.
ForHimWebDesigns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 10:42:50 AM »

This post touched my heart.  I am a survivor of Domestic Abuse.  15 years of it to be exact. I have been in 2 shelters for it. The 2nd shelter I was in, both men and women were in. (and children)
I want to point out some things to watch for in both Men and women.

1. Low self esteem (more so if they had a positive one to begin with) (alot of abuse can be emotional and mental)
2. victims will alienate themselves
4. long sleeved shirts..even in the summer.  

Now most people think that abuse is just hitting or battering. I have been at both ends of the spectrum by 2 different men. Emotional is much much harder.  

Yes I have seen even women who abuse the men..they take it and take it.  There are places for men and women to both reach out for help.  Its hard in either way.. being now there are so many women crying wolf that it makes it harder for a legitimate case to get help.  No one.. NO ONE has to suffer this. I will find the links I once had and post them here.

And although my first husband never changed,  My 2nd husband came to know the Lord.  For 2 years now he has been a changed, wonderful Man of God!!! We have rebuilt our entire marriage.  God has been so good to turn everything around for us as he has!  Now I just try to educate others what to look for.  

For any and all men and women suffering this.. dont be scared to come out and talk.  We are here for you!  Share with us what you cant tell anyone.  There is help out there for you.

God is good.
BlackmanX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 06:36:43 AM »

You're  welcome
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the