Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Peaceful Solution To Building The Next TEMPLE In Yerusalem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Peaceful Solution To Building The Next TEMPLE In Yerusalem  (Read 3509 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2004, 07:31:17 AM »

This article is a must read for any prophecy watcher.   All I can say is WOW!!!

http://www.excel.net/~hoy/ctmpmka.html

Read both the Open letter, and the Brochure.   I have heard this scenario before, but to actually see the plans drawn up is facinating.

Me thinks we are approaching warp speed on the prophetic speedometer!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
TrevorL

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 06:34:21 AM »

Howdy 2nd Timothy,

Greetings. The proposed plan ignores the prophecy of Zechariah 14 that teaches that there will be topographical changes to Jerusalem when Christ returns. The third temple will be built after this.
Zechariah 14:4 (KJV): "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."

Kind regards
Trevor
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 02:31:38 AM »

It needs to be remembered that. Most of the Jews don't believe that the New Testament, is apart of the Torah, (Bible.)

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 02:54:58 AM »

Howdy 2nd Timothy,

Greetings. The proposed plan ignores the prophecy of Zechariah 14 that teaches that there will be topographical changes to Jerusalem when Christ returns. The third temple will be built after this.
Zechariah 14:4 (KJV): "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."

Kind regards
Trevor

Hi Trevor, so sorry I missed your post for so long.  Didn't even see it until DreamWeaver posted and brought it up to the top.   My appologies!

I agree with DW.  The Jews do not believe the NT, so they are not trying to be in accordance with scripture.   Also, you will note that in Matthew 24:15 it speaks of the Abomination of desecration standing in the holy place.  This happens during the time of the Antichrist, so the temple must be in place before the reign of Christ.

I don't know that the plan outlined at the link above will make way for the new temple, but it is interesting.  The temple being rebuilt is necessary for the AOD to happen.   I have heard timelines that say the temple could be rebuilt in 9 months roughly.   The Jews believe that that temple must be rebuilt in order for the Christ to come (as in the first time).  As an endtime watcher, any mention of the Jews rebuilding the temple is exciting, as it declares the nearness of the end and the appearing of our Lord.

Welcome to CU Trevor!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 04:55:07 PM »

I am virtually prophetically illiterate, so when I add something, it's usually going to be hearsay.  That said, my pastor was telling me the other day that the archeologists and such like have noticed that they might have the wrong mound that the temple was built on.  Something to do with the east (?) gate view from the temple being in line with the city gate.  Problem now...they aren't.  Unless...the mound is elsewhere.

Probably didn't help.  Just an interesting thought.  I'll go back to watching and waiting for His return.  That part of prophecy I'm good with!   Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
TrevorL

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 06:18:55 AM »

Howdy 2nd Timothy,  

Greetings. I appreciate the welcome and your reply.
2nd Timothy wrote:
"I agree with DW. The Jews do not believe the NT, so they are not trying to be in accordance with scripture. Also, you will note that in Matthew 24:15 it speaks of the Abomination of desecration standing in the holy place. This happens during the time of the Antichrist, so the temple must be in place before the reign of Christ."
Most religious Jews try to conform with the OT Scriptures, God's inspired word. The Temple is to be built after the events of the early part of Zechariah 14 and the events of Ezekiel 38 & 39, and neither of these have happened yet. Both of these also teach that a remnant of Israel will be converted to God by these events, recognising at long last that Jesus is their Messiah whom they pierced. They do not understand the plans revealed in Ezekiel 40ff sufficiently, nor do they know who really belongs to the Levitcal tribes etc. The establishment of the tabernacle, the temple and the 2nd temple were all directed by God's prophets and they would recognise any attempt outside of this would be presumptuous.  

A comparison with Luke 21:20-24 shows that Matthew 24:15 speaks of the destruction of the Temple in AD 70.
Matthew 24:1-3,15 (KJV): "1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. 3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)"
Luke 21:20-24 (KJV): "20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. 22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled."

The third Temple will be built and the earth will be at peace:
Isaiah 2:1-4 (KJV): "1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

This is the peaceful way to build the Temple, by the Prince of Peace, the Lord Jesus Christ. These all show that we should seek to understand the prophetic word. By having a vision of the blessing of the coming Kingdom we will grow to love the appearance of the Lord, who will bring righteousness and peace to the nations. Paul encourages us to have this disposition in
2 Timothy 4:8 (KJV): "Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."

Kind regards
Trevor
Reba
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 11:47:09 AM »

Acts 15:16

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
KJV
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the