Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  First "Gay" marriage in North America
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First "Gay" marriage in North America  (Read 4257 times)
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2003, 09:43:44 PM »

It's only a matter of time though...

Took the words right out of my mouth...

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2003, 09:26:11 AM »

But this is why the lawyers are all for gay marriage--because there's a hugh untapped market out there of people just "living" with each other(more accurately, "dying" with each other--hehe... Grin), who if given the sanction of a marriage certificate, will then need the services of a lawyer to then break up that marriage certificate.

(scratches wooden head, "Now why didn't I think of that, Marge?"  Doh!)

If you just think of all the potential gay marriages out there, divide that by two, and you've got the number of divorces.

Ahhh, so much money to be made, so little time.

Roll Eyes
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2003, 06:39:05 PM »

5020, I really like your Henry Ford quote.

Knox:  Wow your little smiley-face and the 'hehe' commentary on people dying, that's very revealing.

Ahh, then you must believe it.  If you didn't believe it, i.e., that we all are really just dying, then it wouldn't be an issue.

Actually, it's a loose application of Rev. 11:15:  "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign for ever and ever."  Grin

or,  "...Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book for the time is near.  Let the evildoer still do evil..." Rev. 22:10-11

It's a proclamation that the time is near, that all things will pass away, that all things become new, and that it is all just about over with, knox...

Grin
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2003, 09:04:18 PM »

Ahh, then you must believe it.  If you didn't believe it, i.e., that we all are really just dying, then it wouldn't be an issue.

Hogwash. You were talking about homosexuals dying...of AIDS, most likely. And making a joke about it.

Au contraire, Knox.  "people just "living" with each other(more accurately, "dying" with each other--hehe... "--is a horrific extrapolation to the general principal that we're all under the Curse from the garden, "...to dust we shall return...", and the New Testament principal, that "...the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay..." (Romans 8:20-21), and looking at the whole situation as to how God might look at it--that is, that He will have "the last laugh".  That sounds sadistic, but it's really, for us, just sarcastic.  We think as we are "falling in love", we are reaching some kind of "nirvana", when in reality we really are just dying...  We "think" we are going somewhere, when in reality we're going nowhere(Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing")--thus the "comedy" of it all.  We think we are something when we really are nothing at all--just a wisp, a vapor.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2003, 12:07:56 AM »

Chortling?   Hmmm.

Actually, I think the original post has that cheshire grin after "hehe"...  Grin

But anyway, two posters here, who had relatives or friends die of AIDS, said both were calling for their partners even as they were dying...

No, it is sad, sorrowful.  But still, it projects to the general reality that even as we think we are succeeding...."There is a path that seemeth right to a man, but its end is death"(Proverbs...).

You don't have to laugh if you don't want to.  

And besides, if you find it so serious....

Huh

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2003, 09:57:50 PM »

Atheist:  There's no evidence for me to believe that.

YIKES, athe.  In both the Twin Towers attack, and the Bali attack last autumn, I remember reading eyewitness accounts in U.S. News:  In the first, a secretary coming into an office, just after one of those planes hit, all her clothes and skin burned off her body, in shock, wondering what to do...

And on the beach, there in Bali, a beachcomber described a woman walking out of the carnage there, same way, all the skin burned off her body...

All the carnage about us everyday, in various places, with plenty of faithful reporters to carefully describe the horror everywhere....

And there's no hell?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2003, 06:21:13 AM »

Proverbs 15:3  The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

Proverbs 26:27  Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.

Proverbs 27:20  Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.

Psalms 9:17  The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all nations that forget God.

Psalms 32:10  Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 12:21  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2003, 06:36:08 AM »

Rev 19:20  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev 20:10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev 20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Mar 9:43  And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:44  Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Sounds like it's hot to me.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2003, 09:02:55 AM »

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."  (Jesus speaking-- Embarrassed--in Matthew 10:28)

"...the harvest is the close of the age, and the reapers are angels.  Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the close of the age.  The Son of man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their theeth."  (Jesus here too-- Lips Sealed--Matthew 13:39-42)

Embarrassed

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2004, 03:26:14 AM »

Wow, what's happened since this was first posted six mos ago--"First 'Gay' marriage..."....

just today,, in San Francisco, at last count, 2000 gay marriage licenses granted, over the last four/five days...

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2004, 12:17:58 PM »

...as of news just two hours ago, now 2300 "marriages"...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2004, 02:19:12 PM »

...as of news just two hours ago, now 2300 "marriages"...

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

Brother, I think that a more accurate description would be 2300 contracts with the devil. "Marriage" is a Holy term, and that in reality is why the gays want legal marriage. I can only assume that, to them, would mean acceptance before God. We all know that isn't going to happen, not now and not ever.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2004, 10:36:37 AM »

As of this morning, now "nearly 3000" gay marriages performed(CBS radio news).

Also, City of San Francisco, suing the State, violation of Federal Constitution, "equal protection of the law...", I believe.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2004, 04:24:03 PM »

Now, this afternoon, "over" 3000...

And on the news also, New Mexico now--as county just north of Albuquerque, issuing marriage licenses to gays.  

"Lined up around the corner...", the report said.

onestarfisher

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2004, 02:13:08 AM »

What we are witnessing in San Francisco is nothing short of complete ANARCHY. The mayor is in flagrant violation of the law - why didn't the governor call out the National Guard to quell the disobedience? That would have been appropriate.

Instead, Bush is too much of a woos to say anything strong, and Arnold waits 5 days to weigh in at all. It's a set up, it's all a set up.

I saw on the news that some Christians are there with signs and all - THEY were arrested for "unlawful assembly", can you beat that? And now, New Mexico and I read Chicago. This is getting really surreal, and we KNOW we are in the last days!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the