Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  am I being bad?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: am I being bad?  (Read 882 times)
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2004, 03:27:00 AM »

I've been running into a problem these past few days. I don't know if i have grown more irratible or if I have just forgotten the teachings of Jesus; but lately, I have been very mean to some people (via insults, profanity, etc).

What has happened throughtout these past days is a series of comments I have made that has probably made people feel very sad, ashamed, or worthless. I have to say...that I was not the first to instigate any altercation...but that I felt the need to vindicate the transgressions oppressed on me by these people. I think I went a little too far and am afraid that I did not do anything pleasing to God. I recognize that I am a sinner everyday, but these events have really changed me. I would like you to pray for some of these people:

Chris - pray that he can change his views and objectives of life

Anthony - pray he will graduate from his school. He has been having very bad relations with his parents, and feels there is nothing to live for. He is now trying to renew his faith in the lord in this dark hour. pray that he can go to Jesus again and find peace.

Rob - pray he can accept people the way they are without interjecting his own judgements so blatantly.

...These are some people of whom i have been mean to.

Also, Please pray for Melvin and me. Coincidentally, we are going through spiritual turmoil.

Melvin has a lot of energy in him that he can channel towards serving God. Pray that God can use him as His instrument. Melvin feels very overwhelmed by the sin in the world and feels that it is completely hopeless. I don't know exactly what he is experiencing but may it not crush his spirit. Pray that God will strengthen him and hold him in His arms.

For me, I feel so contrite...I am pulled apart from deciding whether I am evil or good. It just feels like I have the power to utterly and completely destroy a soul. Whenever someone attacks me and consequently my pride...i feel so compelled to smash them into the ground, utterly humble them so they are beneath my feet. I must seem unmerciful and narcissitic. I pray that I am not so and that I can learn to forgive and turn the other cheek. That is so hard to do! It is so simple to learn how to Love, yet it is the hardest thing to do!

God, I come before you in humility. Help us become more like you Jesus. Guide us into all truth, teach us to love one another, give us the strength to carry out the ministry you have appointed to each of us. In all the things I do, I honor and glorify you. Be with each one of us who are sad, hopeless, helpless, physically and spiritually broken.

In Jesus's name
Amen.
jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 07:22:02 AM »

O most high God, bless Felix in his life. Let him find whatever he seeks. Let it be a true and worthwhile journey. I ask You to save, bless, convict, tear-down, build-up, fortify and sanctify him for Your glory... in Christ Jesus, amen and amen

Deke

ps: hope you got my e-mail

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 12:27:53 AM »

Hello Felix102,

Brother, I will pray for you. I think it is a great first step to be so open and honest with your Brothers and Sisters about prayer for you. Regardless of how strong a Christian is, there are ups and downs in this short life. There are also times of health and times of illness. We are only weak humans, and we are all in desperate need of a Lord and Saviour. For those of us who have Jesus as Lord over our lives, we have a GREAT AND POWERFUL FRIEND who loves us and will walk every step with us, just for the asking. Brother, you and I have a big advantage over the lost. There most definitely will be times in all of our lives that we feel overwhelmed, times we feel anger, and times that we need to pray more and listen more to the leading of our Heavenly Father and the Holy Spirit. The answers for Eternity are in HIM.

Brother, please remember that the Holy Bible clearly states that Christians will suffer trials during this short journey on earth. Being a Christian and trying to let Jesus work in and through us is not easy, but the retirement plan is out of this world. I'm probably three times your age, but I must pray about anger and other weaknesses on a regular basis. I know that HE hears us, and I'm sure that HE realizes just how weak and helpless we are without HIM. I'm positive that HE wants to hear our prayers, and I'm positive that the love and fellowship with Christ grows stronger with each prayer. If nobody understands, HE DOES. If nobody cares, HE DOES.

Brother, our times of greatest trials, illness, and weakness can be our strongest times with and IN JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour. I will pray for you, and I know that you will pray about yourself. I pray that you will feel the Strength and Love of Jesus as you become stronger IN and WITH HIM.

Love In Christ,
Tom

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 02:39:47 AM »

Thank you. I really needed that. I know that we are all in this together.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 08:33:02 AM »

Seems like we walk with Christ and all goes well! Until..... and there's always an 'until'!  Lips Sealed All we can do is turn it over to God and KNOW He will forgive us and He will use it and we will grow from it! The fact that you're not defending your actions is wonderful! Growth IS hard!

"Christians aren't sinless......  they just sin less!"

BIBLE MEDITATION: “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.” James 1:2-3

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: James 1:2 is an interesting verse because it has the phrase “when” instead of “if.” You see, some people think that life is going to be all rose petals and sunlight. If I tell you that, then I would be speaking from a closed Bible and an empty head. If you are saved or if you are lost, life guarantees one thing – difficulty. There will be trials, oppression, and misunderstandings. And when you become a Christian, you do not become immune to these things. Trials are a part of life, but how Christians behave in response is what causes an unbelieving world to sit up and take notice. You can tell the size of a Christian by what it takes to stop him.

ACTION POINT: Open yourself up to accountability on this issue. If you are married, ask your spouse to answer these questions. If you are single, ask a trusted friend. How would you rate the way I have responded to trials in my life this past year on a scale of 1-10? 1 means that I have been thankful for the opportunity to learn patience and 10 means I have been resentful for every speed bump your vehicle of life has to pass over. Did you learn anything new about yourself – anything you need to work on next year?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the