Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  EMPHASIS ON EVANGELISM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EMPHASIS ON EVANGELISM  (Read 3017 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2004, 04:00:27 AM »

EMPHASIS ON EVANGELISM

"...to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery" Eph. 3:9a

by Oscar Woodall

A MOST TREACHEROUS DOCTRINE

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another, but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ"

Galatians 1:6-12.

In my 33 years of assurance of salvation, my foremost desire has been to be a part of observing lost souls being saved and saints being encouraged in their faith in the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ.

One of the doctrines proclaimed that brings most confusion to lost and saved people is the one that will agree in the inspiration and preservation of God*s infallible word regarding the doctrines of the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ; his sinless life; his death, burial, and resurrection for the payment of our sins; his second coming to reign on earth; as well as other essential teachings of the faith; and then state that a person can be saved and subsequently lost. Having confessed these first positions, the one of eternal security (mentioned last) has a striking effect at the heart of the gospel of the grace of God.

A leading "Christian psychologist," broadcasting on many radio stations, openly admits that he believes a saved person can later be lost. He agrees with his party-line denomination that an individual can "will" to enter God*s family and then can "will" to get out of it. Do you think a person of this persuasion is a fellow believer in Christ? I would not! Why not? I know that NONE of my brothers or sisters in Christ are going to hell. Anyone who thinks they can get in and then back out of God*s family has one of two problems. Either they have not trusted in Christ and him alone, or they have been placed (or have placed themselves) under a law/performance system.

Our great comfort and task in training soldiers for spiritual warfare is the following assurances:

1. We cannot judge a man, however we can judge a message. "...The Lord knoweth them that are his..." 2 Tim. 2:19.

2. We should be suspiciously vigilant and anxiously concerned for others being deceived.

"Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another her gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him" 2Cor 11:1-4.

So BEWARE! May each of us who are saved saints of the Most High God develop and increase the ministry of "CAREFRONTATION." Aggressive personal soul winning is the order for today for us as the ambassadors for Christ. Interesting and exciting war stories will follow, not classroom or theoretical events, but front-line experiences.

Mr. Woodall lives near Orlando, Florida, with his wife, Dorothy. He is the founder of Eternal Life Ministries, and is active in personal evangelism everywhere he goes. He ministers the Word of God regularly in jails and prisions.

Posted By Brother Love

<Smiley))><
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 06:57:24 AM by Brother Love » Logged

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the