Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:35:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  If you vote please read this
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you vote please read this  (Read 4188 times)
RichardElchrist

God Bless us Everyone!

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2004, 04:54:17 PM »

Hi guys and girls, saints and sinners. In this election year it seems we seem to be swimming in the blithe mendacity (in other words-bull pucky! ) of today's mean spirited GOP. And the Dems seem to be following suit although they have a long ways to go to match the unChrist like ways of today's GOP.

So this thread is directed toward those CHRISTIANS and other people's of conscious who are voting for Bush because he is a Christian. Well he may have been born again but the facts suggest he is not a Christian judging his acts, deeds, and policies, which would cause Jesus to shake his head in disapointment.

My proof is in the links below. If you vote please take the time to read them. They are from a decidely non-partisan website. You can also find some doosies on the DNC as well there. But the vast majority I'm afraid are on the GOP side.
I hope this will provide the much needed enlightenment our community needs.
(PS I am a former Republican. But my Love and devotion for the Light of God has made me a man without a party. )

Know the facts. And don't be fooled by the wolves in shepherds clothing!

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=145

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=143

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=102

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=109

http://www.factcheck.org/SpecialReports.aspx?docid=171

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=118

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=167

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=186

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=177

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=187

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=173

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=159

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=152

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docid=153

'Convictions are greater enemies of truths then lies'
Saying 'my country right or wrong' is like saying 'my mother drunk or sober'
rockin4jesus2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 05:05:52 PM »

One of the great things about the internet is that you can find out anything about anyone if you just look. I suggest that every person votes and not only learn about Bush but also learn about Kerry.  http://www.nojohnkerry.org/
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 05:09:49 PM by rockin4jesus2 » Logged

God is good all the time and all the time God is good
RichardElchrist

God Bless us Everyone!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 05:13:27 PM »

One of the great things about the internet is that you can find out anything about anyone if you just look. I suggest that every person votes and not only learn about Bush but also learn about Kerry.  [L=KnowJohnKerry]http://www.nojohnkerry.org/[/L]

Yes but if you are trying to learn from a partisan and biased website have you learned anything truthful? I mean if I went to a racist website I could learn things but that doesn't make them true. The website I posted is NON PARTISAN and also has many things, as I said, about the DNC as well. Take a look.

So if you are sincere in learning the truth please suggest non partisan, unbiased websites. Otherwise you are part of the problem and not spreading enLIGHTenment or truth at all. Instead you would just be spreading more untruths. And I think we both know what Jesus would think of that.  Smiley

Reba
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 07:48:38 PM »

Richard is it Christlike to kill the unborn?  I read you as a hipocrite. Because of this quote
And the Dems seem to be following suit although they have a long ways to go to match the unChrist like ways of today's GOP.
You think the democrate have a long wasy to go huh? to be as unChristlike as the republicans. Are you party to the killing of children? your post read as if you are.  
RichardElchrist

God Bless us Everyone!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 07:53:31 PM »

Richard is it Christlike to kill the unborn?  I read you as a hipocrite. Because of this quote
And the Dems seem to be following suit although they have a long ways to go to match the unChrist like ways of today's GOP.
You think the democrate have a long wasy to go huh? to be as unChristlike as the republicans. Are you party to the killing of children? your post read as if you are.  

No I certainly am not. That is why I am a man without a party. The FACT is both parties kill babies, some born, some not. Some American, some not. Does that matter to you? The GOP's abortion record is actually worse then the Democrats if you care to look at the facts.  Murder is wrong period! Not just against babies. That's what I believe.
Do you believe that murder is ok as long as it isn't a fetus being murdered?

Reba
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 08:20:26 PM »

No I certainly am not. That is why I am a man without a party. The FACT is both parties kill babies, some born, some not. Some American, some not. Does that matter to you? The GOP's abortion record is actually worse then the Democrats if you care to look at the facts.  Murder is wrong period! Not just against babies. That's what I believe.

If a person broke into your home was attacking your family would you use any means to protect them? even if it meant the intruders death? or would you allow your family to die? Don't be a hypocrite.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 08:24:50 PM »

Murder is wrong period! Not just against babies. That's what I believe.

BIG difference between 'murdering' and 'killing'; otherwise God would be a 'murderer' and I think we all know that's just not true!  Wink

Reba
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 08:29:40 PM »

I found this  at the democratic platform 1996
Choice. The Democratic Party stands behind the right of every woman to choose, consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of ability to pay. President Clinton took executive action to make sure that the right to make such decisions is protected for all Americans. Over the last four years, we have taken action to end the gag rule and ensure safety at family planning and women's health clinics. We believe it is a fundamental constitutional liberty that individual Americans -- not government -- can best take responsibility for making the most difficult and intensely personal decisions regarding reproduction.

Reba
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 08:38:35 PM »

I removed a nasty post.

Kristi if you dont care for the political forum dont read it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 08:43:19 PM by Reba » Logged
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 09:10:22 PM »

I removed a nasty post.

Kristi if you dont care for the political forum dont read it.

Sorry Reba, I removed both of my posts, I didn't want to offend anyone.

I have Politics at my site too, I only moderate it though and watch what people post.

I 100% agree People that kill un-born babies are guitly of Murder in the First Degree!!

Again, I am sorry Reba, Please Forgive me.

Blessings,  \o/

Kristi
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 09:13:57 PM by Kristi » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 02:41:32 AM »

RichardElchrist all you have done is harden alot of hearts against Bush. Every site you linked to was partisan to kerry.

Just like when Regan died both Bush and Kerry said, "I will not run an campain ad durning former President Regan funeral."
Guess what, I saw Kerry ads run. Therefore Kerry is not a truthful person in my eyes.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 02:44:36 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 07:42:55 AM »

I think it's rather interesting that after panning one poster for touting a "biased" source, and emphasizing the "un-biased" nature of his own source, that a simple check reveals the following:

One of four staff members for the Annenberg Foundation (Elchrist's source) is a former staff member of Sen. Edward Kennedy.
'
One of four staff members is a former DNC consultant, and has worked on numerous Dem candidate campaigns.

The Annenberg Foundation has many charitable causes it promotes. Among them are:

The NEA
The Feminist Majority
The Center for Social Reform
The Harvard University School for Public Policy
and about 14 more search pages of somewhat questionable groups.

Implicit in the original and subsequent posts, although not clearly stated (let your yeas be yeas...) is that Pres. Bush is not a good candidate to vote for, Kerry is better.

Or would you rather see Nader? or Sharpton? perhaps Hillary?

It would seem that the sole purpose is to degrade support, and split a vote, much as the Dems fear Nader will do to them.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
RichardElchrist

God Bless us Everyone!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 02:13:49 PM »

If a person broke into your home was attacking your family would you use any means to protect them? even if it meant the intruders death? or would you allow your family to die? Don't be a hypocrite.

Um.. you lost me here Reba. Your statement makes no sense. You have accused me of being a hypocrite without justifying why. I can make no sense of your argument. Maybe you are having a bad day. I just don't know what to say. I never said I was pro-abortion (I am not) and I just can't figure out your intention and message in this post I'm quoting.
The bottom line on my argument is that the GOP and the Dems are equally guilty of killing and murder. The Dems tell you the truth about their position, the GOP lies so they can fool you into voting for them.

RichardElchrist

God Bless us Everyone!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 02:28:21 PM »

RichardElchrist all you have done is harden alot of hearts against Bush. Every site you linked to was partisan to kerry.

Just like when Regan died both Bush and Kerry said, "I will not run an campain ad durning former President Regan funeral."
Guess what, I saw Kerry ads run. Therefore Kerry is not a truthful person in my eyes.

Well Dream you are either not telling the truth about my post or you are confused about it. So allow me to clarify in the name of TRUTH and the LIGHT and the WAY. 3 things you can choose to ignore if you wish to at your own peril.

The Links were all to ONE website. They pointed to mendacities and distortions of the truth by the GOP. I said and reiterate here- the site is TOTALLY nonpartisan. Their are many items on that site that point the finger at the Dems. All you have to do is look. Their are more GOP ones then Dem ones because today's GOP is run by liars, heathens and decievers who call themselves Christians so they can get your votes.  And the Dems are catching up I suppose.

I specifically pointed out GOP falsities because I believe every good Christian needs to know the truth about Bush.  I would do the saem to Kerry if ran on a 'Christian platform'- but he doesn't.
So you can call that site partisan but that doesn't mean it is. You can call the earth flat but that doesn't make it true. And you can throw Galileo in jail because he proved the earth revolves around the sun but that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't.

I urge you to embrace the truth over convictions. For truths are the fruits of heaven. Convictions are the thorns of he**!

RichardElchrist

God Bless us Everyone!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2004, 02:40:41 PM »

I think it's rather interesting that after panning one poster for touting a "biased" source, and emphasizing the "un-biased" nature of his own source, that a simple check reveals the following:

One of four staff members for the Annenberg Foundation (Elchrist's source) is a former staff member of Sen. Edward Kennedy.
'
One of four staff members is a former DNC consultant, and has worked on numerous Dem candidate campaigns.

The Annenberg Foundation has many charitable causes it promotes. Among them are:

The NEA
The Feminist Majority
The Center for Social Reform
The Harvard University School for Public Policy
and about 14 more search pages of somewhat questionable groups.

Implicit in the original and subsequent posts, although not clearly stated (let your yeas be yeas...) is that Pres. Bush is not a good candidate to vote for, Kerry is better.

Or would you rather see Nader? or Sharpton? perhaps Hillary?

It would seem that the sole purpose is to degrade support, and split a vote, much as the Dems fear Nader will do to them.

One in four! Wow the Dems are really in the minority in that foundation huh? Thank you very much for helping me prove that this site is not pro dem. You did a great job in that. God Bless ya.
Also please don't assign actions to me I didn't do.
What I simply have done is encourage people to search for the truth. Because you will not find the truth on FOX, CNN, MSNBC or the zillions of partisan websites on both sides out there.
If you read the information on that genuinely bi-partisan site which you have effectively proved, and you allow truth and honesty to guide your hand come Election Day instead of your hand being guided by convictions and mendacity, then I feel I have done the work of our Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing more.
I am doing the Lord's work and trying to save those decieved by the Great Decievers of today's GOP.

Frankly my political hope is that Bush falls from his false grace before election day and John McCain takes his rightful place and becomes the president of our country.

McCain would have been president if Karl Rove didn't lie during the 2000 primaries about McCain. Rove had campaigners lie to voters telling them McCain was Pro choice (he is not) and telling them he fathered a black child out of wedlock (he didn't, but he did adopted a girl of mixed race in order to save her life).

Bush endorsed these lies and so to me is a deciever of decievers.  

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the