Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:00:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Our beloved Mr. Beepster
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our beloved Mr. Beepster  (Read 2863 times)
Reba
« on: July 21, 2004, 01:25:08 PM »

The guy hasn't been around. Have we been so rude we have ran him away? I doubt it he seems to me to a man who stands his ground. Maybe the job he has although he is surly over paid  Tongue is too stressfull!  Let us all keep Mr. Beepster, Tom, BEP, what ever his name he is our bother in Christ, in our prayers.  Lift him up before the throne of God daily.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 04:36:34 PM »

Beepster was on, when I was on last night. I have had him in my prayers since the big ban (Exdous) from the forums. Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 01:37:06 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Reba & Dreamweaver,

Thank you sincerely for your prayers. I will be back and forth to various medical facilities over the next several weeks for some tests. I don't even know what some of the tests are.

I had a near fatal infection in my spine in 1998. It took several years to see the final results, as calcium production was the body's natural defense, and it is still growing. That's why I retired in 2001, and I've had quite a few ups and downs during that time. To make a long story short, I've lost nearly all mobility and am having a real hard time right now with pain. Some of the tests will hopefully determine if the infection is back and what treatments might be available. I'll probably need some sort of surgery, but my biggest prayer is that the infection isn't back. I'd rather be back in police work and going to a gunfight than think about that infection.

I have been seeing my kids and grandkids as often as I can, so I have been out of pocket from time to time. I started the tests today, and I guess the really big one will be on August 3rd. If you don't hear from me within several days, it will mean I'm in the hospital. I'll try to keep you posted, and I would sincerely appreciate your prayers. I'm scared, but I'm ready for whatever Jesus has for me.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 05:09:38 AM »

Thanks for the update Beeps.
I will keep you in my prayers anyway.

jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
Tom
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 06:23:10 AM »

Lord, bring Your great power and let it fall upon Tom. Keep him safe and send Him Your victory... in faith, health and life. I ask in Jesus' name... and I thank You and praise You today Lord.

Deke

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
archangel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 04:11:04 PM »

CryI'm scared, but I'm ready for whatever Jesus has for me.
Tom, I am truly sorry to hear that you are having to face these tests and know firsthand how scary it can be.  You are much loved here and I join the others in lifting prayers to our Father on your behalf.  Thanks to you, I found this forum and e-sword and have really been blessed.  I have no doubt that you are in the hollow of His hand and that He will keep You there.  As for me I will keep you in my heart and prayers along with my sisters and brothers in Christ.  

archangel

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 04:44:35 PM »

Praying for you, Tom -
Jim

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 12:05:58 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Thanks sincerely for your prayers. The doctor has already changed a lot of my medicine, so I'm in somewhat of a fog right now. My medicine for all of tomorrow will be two grandsons, and I can't wait.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 01:29:37 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Thanks sincerely for your prayers. The doctor has already changed a lot of my medicine, so I'm in somewhat of a fog right now. My medicine for all of tomorrow will be two grandsons, and I can't wait.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom
And thats, one of the best medicines there is beeps. Grin

iconHis

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 04:18:36 AM »

Amen.

Gee, BEP, I am sorry, and I will definately be praying for you as much as I can remember in the next two weeks.  I
don't like the idea that you are in a lot of pain.  You just
take it easy till God gives the physicians the wisdom to help you get back on your feet.  

He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
Psalms 147:3

Do ya want some police fightin stories?  Hey, I think we need to do that for Beeps, begin an episode, just so you have something to read that covers all interests here since this is a forum of many facets. in the Lord  Smiley

We could even have a horse in it! Grin

Enjoy those grandkids!  

Take care.  Love in Christ,    iconHis

HEADS UP Faithful!.... and you are Christ's
                                         and Christ is God's.
                                         1 Cor. 3:23
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2004, 09:44:53 AM »

Sincerely praying for you, Tom. May the Lord comfort you and your family! I'm glad you can be with the grandchildren - that means so much, to you and them. I suppose there isn't anything I could say to make things better, or easier to bear, but I'm praying.  Cry Thanks for informing us of what's going on.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 03:28:30 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Well, I've now had what I thought was a big test. I completely misunderstood what the doctors were doing. As it turns out, what I thought was a big test was simply a little one to help determine what other tests needed to be done. I laugh now about what I thought was a big and painful test, an EMG. It was almost nothing in terms of pain. It might be used to define specific locations to concentrate on with MRI and Cat-scan.

I really appreciate your prayers and thoughts during this difficult time. I will see my primary Doctor this Friday to hear about the first round of lab work and tests. I've not had any more seizures, and there have been no bad phone calls between tests. SO, my prayers about my worst fear may have already been answered. Having the infection back in my spine is what I feared. So far, so good, and I give thanks there is no sign of that. It may just boil down to changing my medicine and me getting used to loss of mobility.

I have felt your prayers, and I deeply appreciate them. God hears our prayers and HE is good to us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 04:50:40 PM »

Awesome news!  Cheesy

For those times that fear overtakes me, I remember this little ditty:

If you pray, why worry?
If you worry, why pray?

It always reminds me that My God is bigger than any fears that Satan tries to use!

God bless you!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2004, 10:22:32 PM »

SincereHeart,

Sister, thanks for the excellent advice. I will pray more and worry less. The mind does funny things about the unknown, and a little warning from the doctor that it won't be pleasant didn't help. I had the thought it would be like being hooked up to a car battery.   Grin Instead, it was something like being hooked up to 1/2 of a watch battery.   Grin  I also imagined big needles being stuck into me all over my body, but it turned out to be little hair-like needles I could hardly see or feel. I could have taken a nap had the doctor not needed me to move various limbs.   Cheesy  There was so little to it that I asked the doctor if I could come back for a warm-up.   Grin

NOW, the 600 pound nurse that did some of the lab work was a different story. My veins were torn up pretty bad on the last hospital stay, and she finished them off.   Grin  She finally lost patience and asked if I wanted to try another portion of the hospital. YES!!! - a wisp of a nurse finished the job with no problem at all. By wisp, I mean anything less than 400 pounds.  Cheesy  I told her to take the three tubes of blood from my tongue or eyeball, but she managed to find a vein.   Grin  Yes, I have a warped sense of humor, but it helps.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2004, 05:07:01 AM »

LOL! I understand the warped sense of humor. It's helped me through many a time.... Wink

But I am so thankful that all is well!  Cheesy We think you're pretty special!  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the