Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:50:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY?  (Read 2931 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2004, 06:01:22 AM »

WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY?

Dear friend, the Bible declares that one day you’re going to die and then stand before judgment with God. In Hebrews 9:27 God tells us, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." As this is true, nothing could be more important than your preparation for that day.

ARE YOU READY FOR HEAVEN?

The Bible makes the condition of all mankind abundantly clear.

Ecclesiastes 7:20, "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."

Isaiah 64:6 – "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

Jeremiah 17:9 – "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

Romans 3:10 – "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

Romans 3:23 – "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

No where does God give any other testimony regarding the state of the natural man. Without exception, all men, in all ages, are sinners and lost.

WHAT IS YOUR DESTINATION?

I Corinthians 6:9a – "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?"

Psalms 9:17a – "The wicked shall be turned into hell."

Romans 6:23a – "For the wages of sin is death."

James 1:15a – "And sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death."

Ezekiel 18:4b – "The soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Romans 5:12 – "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, arid death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."

You and I are no exceptions to that verdict of God. We have sinned, and before God are condemned. Our sins must he paid for with death.

Hebrews 9:22b – "And without shedding of blood is no remission."

CAN YOU MAKE YOURSELF READY FOR HEAVEN?

Galatians 2:16 – "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh he justified."

Titus 3:5 – "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, hut according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the holy Ghost."

Good works, church membership, baptism, confirmation, sacraments, no not even a "good" moral life will ever make you righteous in God’s sight.

DID YOU KNOW THAT CHRIST DIED IN YOUR PLACE?

II Corinthians 5:21 –. "For he [God] hath made him [Christ] to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might he made the righteousness of God in him [Christ]."

I Corinthians 15:3-4 – "For 1 delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that CHRIST died for our sins according 10 the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."

Romans 5:8 – "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Colossians 1:14 – "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:"

HAS GOD SHOWN YOU WHAT TO DO?

Acts 13:38-39 – "Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses."

Acts 16:31 – "And they said, Believe on the Lord Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

Romans 4:5 – "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

Ephesians 2:8-9 – "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

GOD INVITES YOU TO TRUST HIS SON AND BE SAVED!

Don’t Delay – No Time to Lose!

II Corinthians 6:2 – "For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succored thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."

You are privileged to live in a dispensation where God is administering His grace! Accept His free offer by faith (in His Son) today. After you leave this life it will be too late.

by – Clyde L. Pilkington, Jr.

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 04:03:14 AM »

Hebrews 12:2. Says. 'Looking unto Jesus the originator and perfecter of our faith--and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.' Jesus said on the cross . ' It is finished.' John.19:30. When we accept the salvation that God freely offers us, we are accepting a work that God has been completely satisfied with. Gods holy righteous demands have been fully met by Christ's one offering for sin. Hebrews 10:14 says ' For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are sanctified.

Because of this we will never be condemned for any sin. Romans 8:1-4. Think about it, if we could be accounted for any short coming or failure then Christ's sacrifice is worthless, we were not perfected and God has failed. So why can we be sure of our eternal security. Because God is satisfied, Christ is seated and we are sanctified.

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 04:45:11 AM »

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 12:50:01 PM »

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

These scriptures, and countless others, make it clear that salvation is not based on what we do for God. In fact, it is just the opposite. Our salvation is based on what God did for us (Rom 5:8; 1 Cor 15:3,4; 2 Cor 5:21).

Brother Love  Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 09:32:49 PM »

WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY?

Dear friend, the Bible declares that one day you&#8217;re going to die and then stand before judgment with God. In Hebrews 9:27 God tells us, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." As this is true, nothing could be more important than your preparation for that day.

The Bible makes the condition of all mankind abundantly clear.

Ecclesiastes 7:20, "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."

Isaiah 64:6 &#8211; "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

Jeremiah 17:9 &#8211; "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

Romans 3:10 &#8211; "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

Romans 3:23 &#8211; "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

No where does God give any other testimony regarding the state of the natural man. Without exception, all men, in all ages, are sinners and lost.

WHAT IS YOUR DESTINATION?

I Corinthians 6:9a &#8211; "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?"

Psalms 9:17a &#8211; "The wicked shall be turned into hell."

Romans 6:23a &#8211; "For the wages of sin is death."

James 1:15a &#8211; "And sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death."

Ezekiel 18:4b &#8211; "The soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Romans 5:12 &#8211; "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, arid death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."

You and I are no exceptions to that verdict of God. We have sinned, and before God are condemned. Our sins must he paid for with death.

Hebrews 9:22b &#8211; "And without shedding of blood is no remission."

CAN YOU MAKE YOURSELF READY FOR HEAVEN?

Galatians 2:16 &#8211; "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh he justified."

Titus 3:5 &#8211; "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, hut according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the holy Ghost."

Good works, church membership, baptism, confirmation, sacraments, no not even a "good" moral life will ever make you righteous in God&#8217;s sight.

DID YOU KNOW THAT CHRIST DIED IN YOUR PLACE?

II Corinthians 5:21 &#8211;. "For he [God] hath made him [Christ] to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might he made the righteousness of God in him [Christ]."

I Corinthians 15:3-4 &#8211; "For 1 delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that CHRIST died for our sins according 10 the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."

Romans 5:8 &#8211; "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Colossians 1:14 &#8211; "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:"

HAS GOD SHOWN YOU WHAT TO DO?

Acts 13:38-39 &#8211; "Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses."

Acts 16:31 &#8211; "And they said, Believe on the Lord Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

Romans 4:5 &#8211; "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

Ephesians 2:8-9 &#8211; "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

GOD INVITES YOU TO TRUST HIS SON AND BE SAVED!

Don&#8217;t Delay &#8211; No Time to Lose!

II Corinthians 6:2 &#8211; "For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succored thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."

You are privileged to live in a dispensation where God is administering His grace! Accept His free offer by faith (in His Son) today. After you leave this life it will be too late.

by &#8211; Clyde L. Pilkington, Jr.

<Smiley))><

Bro.Love,
Is this a sunday school; lesson?  Smiley

bluelake

artputey

Godless heathen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 09:24:08 AM »

I'm gonna partay with with lucifer himself. And maybe some gays.... Wink

I've got no hands to tie behind my back
And I'm sparkin' like a heart attack
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 10:24:58 AM »

K, so this has to be tongue-in-cheek, right? Cause if you don't believe in God, surely you don't believe in Lucifer? Then again, maybe not. Cause you DO believe in gays?  Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 10:48:45 AM »

You and the gays won't call it a "partay" a few seconds into it, but it will be for eternity.

Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 01:10:53 PM »

You and the gays won't call it a "partay" a few seconds into it, but it will be for eternity.

Tom

I LOVE you artputey  Smiley

Your friend (and future brother, I Hope and Pray)

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 04:06:49 PM »

<Smiley))><
REALdisciple

Will all the REAL-TRUE Christians please stand up!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 02:23:56 PM »

BrotherLove is totally right yall. You cant lose your salvation, no way, no how. The bible says so. It’s a gift from God! You think god takes his gifts back after he gives them to you like an indian giver? No way! Look at all the great quotes he gave and try to say that the bible isn’t the truth!  It doesn’t matter one bit what you do after your saved or before. Once you are saved nothing can take that away everyone knows that! I can go out and do whatever I want, I can murder people, rape women, rape little kids, sell drugs, rob people for fun, burn down churches and it won’t matter! Not that I would do that cuz theres no way that I would do any of that stuff, I’m just saying that I could.  As long as you are a believer, no sin can be held against you.  We have to be careful when we sin because sometimes that means breaking the law like murdering people. I can’t go around spraying ninjas and not get thrown in jail but the laws of man don’t matter anyway, cuz I’ll still go straihgt to heaven.  Amen borther love!  And hey dude that wants to party with the devil, you can go right ahead. You think your funny but your not, I could whoop you in about two seconds no doubt.

I’m out.  Much love for REAL Christians.  Not you fakers.

CER - The St. Louis Ninja!
"If you don't have it right with REAL Bible, you don't have it right with Jesus... and if you don't have it right with Jesus... you can just SHUT YOUR MOUTH!"

I have NO patience for the enemy - and the people that allow him to work through them.
Aiden

I seek Truth, I seek God.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 08:38:08 PM »

I'm definitely going to be living, truly living, in my Father's house. I can't wait. Every truly good thing here on earth that makes my heart jump with excitement is just a foretaste of what is to come. Like a man with blurred vision all his life, my eyes will be truly open to all the beauty that he has. And oh! the love of Christ! How it captures my soul. Praise be to Him. This is what my heart beats for. This is the prize at the end of the road, not that I could run or win it on my own.
Artpuey (I think that was your name, sry if I got it wrong or confused with somebody else), I truly want to encourage you to seek the truth. That is, of course, if you actually care. If you do then I would suggest reading; Lee Strobel, Josh McDowell, and C.S. Lewis. Those are some of my favorite authors because they are disecting and piercing with reason. There are certainly more authors out there, but if you seek God whole-heartedly, then you (or He) will find you. If you think you want nothing to do with God, then question this; have you ever felt like there is more to life than this, that perhaps humanity is just off-centered, you ever felt incomplete? These and more are signs that you are hungry, and for every hunger there is something to fulfill it. There is a desire for food, there is food. There is a desire for sex, there is sex. We all have the desire for God, you just have to indentify it when it comes. Man, I am sorry for being so preachy and long winded, but take care man.

-Aiden-

P.S.
REALd, What did you mean by saying that you could whoop Art in two seconds? If you are serious, then I want to encourage you to check your heart. Jesus never encouraged such behaviour. That kind only turns people away. Search your heart, take every word captive, and pray without ceasing brother.
artputey

Godless heathen

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 03:48:43 PM »

Yup, I was being tongue in cheek, so don't worry!
Thanks BL, I appreciate it.
And Realdiscipline, lets look into this. Do you mean real discipline as in the karate sense, or the religious fervour sense? Because I have no grounding in any fighting technique ,and if you were good at that sort of thing, and had, as you say, real discipline, then you might be able to whoop me.
But on the other hand, if your name refers to discipline in a religious sense then i might have a chance.

Yes, this is what my life has become. Sad, isn't it.

I've got no hands to tie behind my back
And I'm sparkin' like a heart attack
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 05:08:37 PM »

Yes, this is what my life has become. Sad, isn't it.

Only if that's where it ends.  But praise God He made it possible so you don't have to end it that way!  He wants you man.  All ya gotta do is believe.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 07:04:45 PM »

Hello Artputey,

You might laugh at me, and that's fine, but I think that Jesus is trying to talk to you. It makes me happy to think that you might be trying to listen. I just finished a much longer reply to you in "The Kingdom Age" thread. I felt led by God to write you, and that was before I saw this post. My friend, God is working here. There is something pulling on your heart, and I know who HE is. HIS name is JESUS.

1 John 5:14  And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

My friend, I'm praying right now that your heart and mind will be opened so you can meet JESUS. HE can fill the empty places of your heart, make you a new man in HIM, and adopt you as HIS child forever. HE will give you a full inheritance that will be yours, IN HIM, forever. My friend, please listen to HIM knocking at the door and let HIM in.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the