Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:10:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  So confused, I need prayer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So confused, I need prayer  (Read 877 times)
tamanddave

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2004, 06:05:05 PM »

I will try to explain without getting to long!

A couple of months ago I was at my wits end.  My husband is deployed, work stress, life stress, and I just could not take it any more.  So I asked for God's guidance.  He layed two things on my heart.  One to get back in church and he led me to a WONDERFUL church that I feel completely comfortable in.  Two he led me to quit my job.  I took a step on faith and I did so, without really knowing if I should be moving to where my husband is stationed for another 6-8 months or moving to a new town we both want to live in when he is done with this deployment or staying put.

Since quitting my job I have decided I want to go to college and become a teacher possibly in Special Ed or working with blind/visually impaired children.  I would like to go to college in this new town where we are wanting to settle but I am just not sure.  I have been confused over that, feeling in a way by moving to this new town I am choosing a career over my husband even though he totally supports me starting college now before he gets home.

Tuesday night of this week I prayed again.  For more guidance that if I was to move to hubby, move to this new town or stay put to just open a door for me so I know where to go.  I felt like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders.  The next morning I got a call for an interview in the new town we want to move to.  I went for it and was asked back for a 2nd interview before I left town.  

I feel I am being pulled to this new town, but not certain this job is for me.  But never doubting Gods wisdom maybe he might know something I don't about this new job!

I also feel compelled to stay here and enjoy the new church I have found.  

I am really confused and I have been praying alot on this trying to figure out just what it is I am supposed to do.  Please keep me in your prayers that God will give me the guidance and let me know where I should be.  I am willing to go wherever he thinks I can best serve him.  
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 08:55:39 PM »

tamanddave,
Near as I can tell from your post, you are taking all the right steps; which is leaving it in God’s hands!  It sounds like the prayer you need is a prayer of comfort.  Give God time to work within our earthly limits.
God may give you more than one avenue – any avenue that God gives you will be successful in His eyes.  You choose the path and follow Him.
There are people who believe in the Lord, just as you do, who live in this “new town”.  As long as you stay strong in the Spirit you will do just fine – you will not be abandoned!  
I’m afraid my post may not help you a lot in your decision (but may encourage you after you’ve made it!)  
God bless and good luck!
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 11:16:43 PM »

Confusion comes when we try to rationalize things ourselves. Don't try to because God already has it all planned out. Leave it all to God.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to PROSPER you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE."

If you're willing to go wherever He thinks you can serve Him best, then that is all you need to do on your part.
carsncandy

I am saved !

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 12:48:47 AM »

Hi Tam(?)
Sound to me also that you're going about it correctly, leave it to the Lord. I don't think any one can really advise you but to share the word that you are relying on..
Phill. 4:6 & 7  Do not be axious for any thing, but ineverything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God , which transends ALL understanding, WILL guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.
Psalm 37:1 7 2 Trust in the Lord...Delight yourself in the Lord and He WILL give you the desire of you heart.
I have always believed that the desire itself, when we are trusting and following Him, is the gift.
And finally,James 1: 12- 17 (please read this, I'll paraphrase here)Blessed is the man that perserveres under trial, because he has stood the test....13, ..When tempted, no one should say that God is tempting me. .....God isn't and DOESN"T tempt anyone.... Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change.
I don't think that God would tempt you with a desire that He has not predestinted for you. Keep trusting the Lord, ask Him to remove opportunity that He does not want for you and increase the desire that He does have planned.I hope that this helps. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Thank you so deeply for the sacrifice that you guys are making for freedom. I can't imagine how hard it is for you but I am very grateful.
Be blessed!! Smiley

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew thier strength. They wil soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the