Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:44:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  HELP!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP!!  (Read 1021 times)
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: July 14, 2004, 05:01:31 PM »

To any and all who are interested:

I've received a request from a prison officer in Edinburgh, Texas at a prison that houses 1200.  He is requesting reading materials and books for the prisoners.

If anyone has any bibles, concordances, commentaries or studies that they would be willing to part with, drop me an email off list: brohank@john812.com, subject: books.

Blessings,

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 02:12:29 AM »

I wish I could have read this earlier, before Bible Study tonight. I will bring this up to members of the church tomorrow when I see them.

On another note, that is a nice site.
http://www.john812.com/

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 01:47:05 PM »

Thank you DW....as the Lord leads.

And on the other note, thanks again! It's nice to hear something every now and then. Cheesy

BroHank
archangel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 04:40:48 PM »

Evangelist,  I have just visited your website and will return there often.  As you have written on your site, Christians are being bombarded day and night with theories and pleas and propaganda that has a nice holy ring to it but could not be farther removed from the teachings of our Lord Jesus.  It does seem that everywhere we turn the "I am" doctrine is being shoved down our throats.  The most disturbing thing is that it is so very easy to get caught up in "partnership" with these false ideas because as a Christian we desire so deeply to be part of the "action" for our Lord.  I recently made a conscious decision to resist allowing others to influence or interpret the word of God for me.  My method of studying my bible has changed to a more inductive one where I work in an entire book, chapter by chapter and verse by verse on my own using my bible with only Greek and Hebrew dictionaries and avoiding commentaries done by others to translate for me.  If I need clarification regarding other things like historical facts or traditions of the times then I check out several sources and compare those to get a clear idea for myself.  I am much more fulfilled now when I study and have been amazed at how much I missed all these years when I thought I knew my bible very well.  Websites such as yours are a great inspiration and I encourage others here at the forum to check out the site.  I will ask around to see if I can find the bibles and study materials to share with your project and hope others will do the same.
Love in Christ,

archangel

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.
carsncandy

I am saved !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 11:42:29 PM »

Blessings Evangelist !
I just visited the web site, I'll visit there again. Smiley
I'm not sure how to help, but I'll promise this...
I'll pray. I'l pray that the work of your hands is blessed, I'll pray that many will see and seek salvation and know Him and His love, and I'l ask others to agree in prayer with me that huner and thrist for the Lord is increased.
Thank you so much, be awesomely blessed, and to God  be the Glory !!!

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew thier strength. They wil soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 01:54:53 PM »

Threadbare:
Thank you, and praise God!! The way you have chosen to study is the way it should be, as God pointed out concerning the Bereans.....while they willingly heard what someone had to say, they took it upon themselves to check it against what they KNEW was from God...His written Word. "for this unction abides in you, and you have no need that any man should teach you"......

The Holy Spirit is more than capable of raising a question in our spirits to "check something out" when we are reading His Word...and He does.

Carsncandy:
Thanks also to you....as you say, "to GOD be the glory....great things HE has done..."

I'm confident that the Lord will show you how He may want you to help, if in any way other than by prayer.

Blessings to all

BroHank
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the