Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Saturday eve.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saturday eve.  (Read 18248 times)
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2004, 07:32:33 PM »

Yes. Thank you, too Symphony, for taking the time to respond to our requests today, and for your faithfulness here. May God grant you a special blessing for yor service.

IJN Smiley

Also I have a friend who wanted me to add something. Her husband had soem workers that were stealing from the company. By the time they found out what was going on, they were left very damaged. She says they may have to sell their home, and they are of retirement age.  Cry

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2004, 05:53:29 PM »

Thank you, Whitehorse.

That's terrible. THey may have to sell their home, b/c of employee fraud?  Yikes.

And I'm praying for Early57 here, in his day to day, and in his situation.

For others here, too.  Today, prayer (and fasting), here...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2004, 06:59:45 PM »

Almighty God knows each of our needs, even when we are unable to utter them. Father, we ask your guidance, strength, and comfort for our brothers and sisters in need - Early57, JudgeNot, Tigerlily, Peachykeen, Aw, Willowbirch, Coyote, AB, Bronzesnake, and others. For those who are seeking your will in service to You, we ask your guidance and a light for the path that would be most pleasing to You. For those who are searching for Christ and Salvation, may your Holy Spirit continue to touch them and guide Your servants to assist them. For Your new children, may they be encouraged and strengthened in Christ. We ask these things in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2004, 02:06:53 AM »

Amen.

Sym-yep. The guy's a doctor. They lost a lot of money, and he'd due for retirement, too.

We should put a sticky in the prayer request thread so that others can see this is here and know there's an additional resource for them as they post their requests. Whaddya think?

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2004, 02:11:01 PM »

Thank you, bep.

Yes, doctors are sometimes easily taken advantage of(that's why, sometimes, they're doctors-- Embarrassed--they're busy caring for people... Undecided).

Hmmm.   Saturday eve, January 17, 2004.  Prayer & fasting, for anyone who may like to join in in prayer or both.

I'm praying for your doctor friend there, whitehorse, for bep, for a mother and daughter in law who both lost their husbands in the same bad car accident...

For tigerlily who use to be here; for other requests here...

in Jesus' name...
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2004, 07:37:23 PM »

What does you mean putting a "sticky in the prayer request thread", Whitehorse?

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2004, 06:40:35 PM »

It means to put it at the top where it won't scroll off the page when new posts are added. It stays there, kind of like a sticky post-it note. Since Saturday Night is a regular thing, people may not realize the option of being prayed for (and fasted for) is another option for them.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2004, 07:04:55 PM »

Thank you, whitehorse.

Hmm, dunno.  If it scrolls off, then if I miss a Saturday people won't be as likely to notice it.   Grin

But how would I do that.  'Guess bep or Admin would have to do that for us?   And they haven't offered to.  Cry

Huh
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2004, 10:10:26 PM »

Thank you, whitehorse.

Hmm, dunno.  If it scrolls off, then if I miss a Saturday people won't be as likely to notice it.   Grin

But how would I do that.  'Guess bep or Admin would have to do that for us?   And they haven't offered to.  Cry

Huh

Oklahoma Howdy to Whitehorse and Symphony,

Cheesy  I wonder how many put a sticky note on their computer monitors? I thought about doing that, but I try to read this thread every day and remember those who are in need of prayer.

What would you think about compiling all of the prayer requests in a list? I will be happy to do that and make it sticky so it will stay visible on the first page. If someone's prayers have been answered or they wish to be removed from the list, they could send me a private message.

Let me know if something like this would fill everyone's needs, and I'll get it done. I think this would help all of us remember some of the long-term prayer needs. If anyone has other ideas, please holler. What if I just do it? We can always change it, modify it, and take the suggestions of everyone.

Love In Christ,
Tom  

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2004, 12:39:32 AM »

Awesome!!! Thanks, Tom!! Great idea. And that would eliminate a lot of sifting through the pages, too! Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2004, 03:46:38 AM »

Awesome!!! Thanks, Tom!! Great idea. And that would eliminate a lot of sifting through the pages, too! Grin

Oklahoma Howdy to Whitehorse,

Consider it done. I don't have it complete yet, but I will have something for everyone to look at soon. Everyone will be most welcome to offer ideas for changes. AND, please tell me if I somehow missed a prayer request.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2004, 04:47:50 PM »

It would be wonderful if we could get some updates...haven't heard from Sanjerle and some other folks in a while.  Cry

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2004, 11:17:18 AM »

It would be wonderful if we could get some updates...haven't heard from Sanjerle and some other folks in a while.  Cry

Oklahoma Howdy to Willowbirch,

I still have more to do on the prayer lists, but I did wonder about how things turned out on many of the prayer requests. There were some folks who only posted 1 or several messages and never came back to let us know what happened.

I had the very same thoughts about Sanjerle. I know that many of us have prayed for her and her family. It certainly didn't sound good for her husband surviving at the time. Maybe she couldn't bring herself to tell us he passed away. Regardless, she still has children at home and needs our continued prayers whether her husband survived or not.

Each person reacts differently in crises and grief. I saw 25 years of the worst and know that some folks just fall to pieces and others may have temporary problems and seem to rebound fairly quickly.

I would ask that we continue to pray for Sanjerle, Bronzesnake, Tigerlily, and many others on the list.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2004, 10:09:40 PM »

I really don't want to see Saturday Night die out-I think it's so great when we can pray together. I'd like to pray for our forum in general, too, that God will use our fellowship for His glorious purposes. That's always so exciting to me, not knowing what He's doing, but knowing there's something huge and wonderful on the horizon. Preacher Michael Youssef said we recieve little because we ask little. He also said that when Alexander the Great was asked for a large sum of money for a purpose, he was advised not to give it, the reason being that the purpose could be achieved with less. But Alexander the Great said, "I like this guy. He thinks I'm both rich and generous. Give him everything he asks." And God is the same way with our godly, spiritual requests. If we ask big, we get big! Grin

Love in Christ,
Whitehorse

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2004, 01:48:21 AM »

thank you, whitehorse.  So apropos.

I've been sorta delinquent here.   I'm hoping to return.

To pray for those and others here...

In Jesus' Name...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the