Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:18:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WE SHOULD HOPE ALL DENOMINATIONS OF CHRISTAIN FAITH ARE SAVED.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WE SHOULD HOPE ALL DENOMINATIONS OF CHRISTAIN FAITH ARE SAVED.  (Read 1986 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2004, 06:35:29 PM »

BEP SAID,I hope and pray that some of our Catholic and Orthodox friends are saved. However, Salvation would be in spite of doctrine, not because of doctrine.

WE SHOULD HOPE ALL DENOMINATIONS CHRISTAIN FAITH ARE SAVED. DESPITE ANY OF THEIR FALSE BELIEFS OR PRACTICES OR DOCTRAINS.
FOR I DONT THINK ANY TWO ARE THE SAME SO SOMEONE HAS IT WRONG.Huh?   WHO PROTASTANS ,BAPTIST CATHOLICS , SO ON.

Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 07:19:43 PM »

BEP SAID,I hope and pray that some of our Catholic and Orthodox friends are saved. However, Salvation would be in spite of doctrine, not because of doctrine.

BUTCHA, I suspect when BeP said that he was referring to some specific people, not catholics and orthodox in general. (I can't say for certain, of course, since I am not BeP, but after the past few weeks it seems quite a rational thought).

As in all denominations, there are those who are truly saved and those who are not, and those who don't know if they are. It is that way, simply because we are human beings.

WE SHOULD HOPE ALL DENOMINATIONS CHRISTAIN FAITH ARE SAVED. DESPITE ANY OF THEIR FALSE BELIEFS OR PRACTICES OR DOCTRAINS

I don't believe my mistakes in docrine will keep me out of heaven, but faith and belief in my Lord Jesus Christ will get me in the gate. Where I go once I get there is another story   Smiley

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 07:36:28 PM »

I LOVE God, HE Loves me YaY.

God Loves Everyone Unconditionally! Thank God for Everything.

I am a Baptist, so what, I am a Christian first, My Love for God my (Daddy) is Very important to me.

Any Religion can Love God, But the One and Only God Whom Sent HIS Son to Die for us all is the Key.

No Jesus No Peace

Know Jesus Know Peace

Praise Jesus for Today & Everyday!

Blessings,  \o/

Kristi

BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 07:50:33 PM »

krista  gracy thats my point exactly.

butch
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 08:25:48 PM »

krista  gracy thats my point exactly.

butch

okie dokie Butcha...  \o/  Thanks

Blessings,  \o/

Kristi

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 01:56:47 PM »

I posted this sometime ago on a different thread when a lot of this stuff was heating up.  I'd like to repeat it here:

Isa 43 makes some very cogent points that are unassailable.
1. God calls.
2. God appoints.
3. God saves.

And:
sa 44:3   For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:
Isa 44:4   And they shall spring up [as] among the grass, as willows by the water courses.
Isa 44:5   One shall say, I [am] the LORD'S; and another shall call [himself] by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe [with] his hand unto the LORD, and surname [himself] by the name of Israel.

What name (denominational) we apply to ourselves is immaterial. If we are called and appointed, and answer, we are His. HE is the one who pours out salvation. HE is the one who keeps. HE is the one who teaches.

"for I KNOW in whom I have believed, and TRUST that HE is able to keep that which I have committed against that day."

And that goes for anyone who calls on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 03:02:10 PM by Evangelist » Logged

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 12:32:36 PM »

I don't think God acknowledges our man-made divisions.  They are not from Him.

We who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ are saved.  We who believe we're right and everyone else is wrong most likely have issues of pride.  Do you think God favors the know-it-alls or the ones who are humble in understanding there's quite a bit they could never possibly know.

Lean on God with all of your heart, don't lean on Your own understanding.

I'm pretty sure those that lean on their own understanding aren't leaning on the right stuff.  They may be the only "unsaved" in all of the denominations, and exactly the ones who keep the denomiations from being One in Christ.  Who is it that does that carving the divisions?  The ones that know ALL their stuff is ALL right and everyone else's stuff is AAAALLLLL wrong.  There's even bloodshed over some of this stuff in other countries.  Bloodshed because some of us are SOOOOOOOO  Right and the Others of us are SOOOOOOOOO wrong.  for that there has been blood shed.  Does anyone really think that if they have to argue and hate their neighbor because they're so right and their neighbor is so wrong, do they look like they're saved?

I would be scared if I had enough pride to believe I knew it all.  I would be scared to think that I had enough understanding to hate my neighbor for being so wrong.  God doesn't call us to hate people because they're so wrong.  He calls us to love our enemies, and it makes sense that he does because among the denominations, some of us think we are enemies.

Peace

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 07:21:08 PM »

We who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ are saved.  We who believe we're right and everyone else is wrong most likely have issues of pride.  Do you think God favors the know-it-alls or the ones who are humble in understanding there's quite a bit they could never possibly know.

I'm pretty sure those that lean on their own understanding aren't leaning on the right stuff.  They may be the only "unsaved" in all of the denominations, and exactly the ones who keep the denomiations from being One in Christ.  Who is it that does that carving the divisions?  The ones that know ALL their stuff is ALL right and everyone else's stuff is AAAALLLLL wrong.  There's even bloodshed over some of this stuff in other countries.  Bloodshed because some of us are SOOOOOOOO  Right and the Others of us are SOOOOOOOOO wrong.  for that there has been blood shed.  Does anyone really think that if they have to argue and hate their neighbor because they're so right and their neighbor is so wrong, do they look like they're saved?

I would be scared if I had enough pride to believe I knew it all.  I would be scared to think that I had enough understanding to hate my neighbor for being so wrong.  God doesn't call us to hate people because they're so wrong.  He calls us to love our enemies, and it makes sense that he does because among the denominations, some of us think we are enemies.

Peace

candice thats the best post ive seen in a long time

amen .
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 07:53:27 PM »

Peace

candice thats the best post ive seen in a long time

amen .

amen! denominations are not the enemy, the devil is.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
lbeaty1981

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 04:29:30 PM »

Every time I hear this discussion, I think of Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 1:10:

10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe's household, that there are contentions among you. 12Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ." 13Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

The important thing is to be focused on Jesus, and what He has done for us.  Everything else is just details.
BFWard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2004, 01:41:24 AM »

Agreed.  Everything else is just details.  As a former Catholic, I can see the best of both worlds.  The bottom line:

"I am the way to the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me"
JC

"51: Call to remembrance what acts our fathers did in their time; so shall ye receive great honour and an everlasting name. "
1 Maccabees 2:51 (KJV)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the