Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:22:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  CHURCH-GOING
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHURCH-GOING  (Read 9488 times)
Berean_

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 03:23:36 AM »

Henry's question was...

Brother,

Isn't the issue more about church 'choosing'?

See, that's my problem. How does one choose the 'right' church? Which practices in a particular church can one overlook? Do we have to be in 100% agreement?

If I believe that baptism is not a necessary ordinance does that keep from attending every Baptist church (or any church that baptizes for that matter)? Does that make me Quaker?

As a dispensationalist I could never attend a Covenant Reformed/Presbyterian Church for I would never hear the dispensationalist truth preached.

So how does one choose...do I church-hop until I find the right one? That dosen't appear to be be practical or spiritually helpful....Is there a future in home-churches? Anabaptists without local congregations will sometimes meet that way.

Just some random thoughts...but darn..YOU got me thinking!

Appreciate any clarification you might be able to provide.

Regards,
Henry (looking for community of faith)

What do you think one should do? What do you do?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 03:26:42 AM by Berean_ » Logged
BronxBriar
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2004, 05:14:46 PM »

The right Church my friend is very simple to find! The oldest is the closest to the truth!

Your logic is a bit flawed flawed here. The oldest could possibly have a few barnacles attached and that boat may not be floating right. If the "oldest" church has man made, non-biblical traditions thrown in, it is certainly not closest to the 'truth'. Oldest could mean just that: old, decrepit, and useless. Kind of like stale bread.
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2004, 07:24:21 PM »

Let me see if I understand this...the archbishop gets naked and lights candles in a tomb that is supposedly holy to get searched by the light of whom?

Lips Sealed

Did no one ever tell him the good news that the tomb is now empty?
Mat 28:5-6  And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 03:31:35 AM »

Let me see if I understand this...the archbishop gets naked and lights candles in a tomb that is supposedly holy to get searched by the light of whom?

Lips Sealed

Did no one ever tell him the good news that the tomb is now empty?
Mat 28:5-6  And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said.

Grin

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2004, 05:51:44 AM »

Henry's question was...

Brother,

See, that's my problem. How does one choose the 'right' church? Which practices in a particular church can one overlook? Do we have to be in 100% agreement?

If I believe that baptism is not a necessary ordinance does that keep from attending every Baptist church (or any church that baptizes for that matter)? Does that make me Quaker?

As a dispensationalist I could never attend a Covenant Reformed/Presbyterian Church for I would never hear the dispensationalist truth preached.

So how does one choose...do I church-hop until I find the right one? That dosen't appear to be be practical or spiritually helpful....Is there a future in home-churches? Anabaptists without local congregations will sometimes meet that way.

Just some random thoughts...but darn..YOU got me thinking!

Appreciate any clarification you might be able to provide.

Regards,
Henry (looking for community of faith)

What do you think one should do? What do you do?

Maybe you could find a Good House of Faith here:

http://www.graceonline.org/listings/Churches_and_Ministries.html

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
FaithfulFollower

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2004, 10:23:07 AM »

CHURCH-GOING

By Cornelius R. Stam

There is an important passage on church-going in He-
brews 10:23-25:

"Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering....
And let us consider one another, to provoke unto love and to good works; not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is... "

Brother,

How does one choose the 'right' church? Which practices in a particular church can one overlook? Do we have to be in 100% agreement?

So how does one choose...do I church-hop until I find the right one? That dosen't appear to be be practical or spiritually helpful....Is there a future in home-churches?

This is an trial I am facing as well. For many years in my life my family has gone church hoping due to a problem or two that they found within the church. Well, seeing as I am a young adult now, the decision as to which church I go to is my own to make. There is one problem with this...how do I know which church is right for me? As of the beginning of this month I ceased going to the church I had been attending due to two factors.

1. The preacher was leaving

2. The congregation was becoming divided on account of this action.

There is not a church out there that is perfect, I am well aware, but how does one know when the right message is being sent out? How does one know it is the right church for them?

I was hesitant to leave this church for it was where I received my calling but not long after...everything there fell apart and nothing sat write when it came to that church anymore. Since then I have been taking time out on Sunday mornings to go out with my fiance somewhere where the two of us can be alone, and the two of us engage in our own private bible study.

Once again I ask....how do you know when you have found the right church? Was it wrong for me to leave the one I was at due to the feelings I had?

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

With God ALL Things ARE Possible!
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2004, 02:24:15 PM »

How to find the right church.

1Cr 12:18
But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him

Acknowledge by faith that God is the one who will choose the church.

1Jo 2:20
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

Acknowledge by faith that the Holy Spirit will reveal to us where we should be.

Jhn 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come

Acknowledge by faith that God is capable, willing, and able to lead those who truly desire to follow His will to the place of service where He desires us to be....for whatever reason.

Too many people look at church (which church) from the standpoint of "what am I going to receive," when it really boils down to "how am I here to serve."

We can serve while we learn, and we can learn while we serve, but the service (and willingness to do so) is first and foremost.

I've had to spend some time in churches that were not "agreeable" to me in many ways, but that didn't stop me from continuing there as long as I believed that God wanted me there.....and through it all, remember........

"we know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren"

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2004, 06:40:50 PM »

2 Corinthians 11:14 -15

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
FaithfulFollower

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2004, 01:10:29 AM »

Evangelist,

Thank you for your reply on my question about this topic. For I do desire to serve the Lord the best that I can. Church has been a challenge for me, but seeing those verses may have brought me some light to better clear my vision. I will pray about this. Thank you once again.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

With God ALL Things ARE Possible!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the