Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:47:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Freedom!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Freedom!!  (Read 578 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2004, 04:52:32 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Every day is a good day to reflect on and give thanks for FREEDOM!, especially for a Christian.

I do enjoy praying for our young men and women in the Armed Services who preserve and protect our freedom. I also give thanks for those who have done the same in the past. Our freedom to worship Almighty God is only one of the freedoms that has been preserved.

Above all, I give daily thanks for the FREEDOM IN JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour.

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.  Roman 10:4

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Romans 5:1

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.  Romans 5:6

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.  Romans 5:21

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Romans 6:23

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  Romans 8:2

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.  Romans 8:14

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thous shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10:9-10

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! Romans 11:33

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour forever!!

Love In Christ,
Tom

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 10:17:37 PM »

Amen, BEP, Amen!
Last week on my Thursday afternoon commute home, as I got up to exit the train at my stop (the next to last stop on the line) one of the few remaining people on the train – sitting behind me so I hadn’t noticed him until I got up – was a young man in uniform.  I guess it was a reflex action; I offered my hand and said “God bless you, thank you for serving.”  He was slightly taken aback, as he gripped my hand firmly and replied “Thank you, sir, just doing my job, sir.”
I am really not sure that young man realizes what “…just doing my job…” entails and I’m not sure he realized the true depth of my appreciation.  I’m sure it made him feel good to be recognized by a total stranger – but I believe it will be a few years until he understands what he really stands for in the eyes of those of us who have been around long enough to see communism fall and new threats to our freedoms arise.  
As you point out, BEP, one of the things he serves for is to protect our freedom to worship Jesus Christ our Lord.  
May our Lord protect him in his innocence, and may all of us realize the true sacrifice of those who have given everything for our freedoms.

Happy Independence Day all!  And my God bless!
JudgeNot

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 12:13:53 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to JudgeNot,

Brother, I also enjoy showing my appreciation to our young men and women in the Armed Services. As you may know, my home is also the home of a huge military base, Fort Sill. There are graduations of one type or another several times per week, and many parents come here to see their children graduate. It is a matter of pride for your children to serve their country.

I always try to say hello, shake their hands, and tell them how much I appreciate them, even on their first passes off the base before graduation. Some of them think that I'm checking to see if they maintain military discipline and come to attention.   Cheesy  I guess they may have people that do that, but I just want to be friendly. I remember what it's like to be away from home the first time. With very rare exception, I see them as America's finest, and I'm very proud of them.

I'm very happy when I hear that many Christians pray for them every day. I think that every Christian should pray for them and for their leaders who make the decisions.

Freedom in CHRIST and living in a free country should never be taken for granted.

HAPPY FREEDOM!!

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 08:20:58 AM »

It is the VETERAN, not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN, not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN,
who salutes the Flag,
who serves under the Flag,
whose coffin is draped by the Flag.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 08:23:57 AM »

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 05:44:56 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy To SincereHeart,

THANK YOU SISTER!!

I really enjoyed the poem and the graphics. It also sounds like I need to check out the Presidential Prayer Team. I pray for him every day anyway.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 07:12:22 AM »

Cheesy You're very welcome!  Cheesy

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the