Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:41:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  CLOSING THE TRAP: THE DRAFT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CLOSING THE TRAP: THE DRAFT  (Read 4499 times)
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2004, 11:15:59 PM »

I am torn between agreeing and not agreeing, I have 2 sons, one we sent to a military school and the other choose to go to the marines right out of highschool. The oldest boy needed the strict discipline, he needed someone to tell him what to do, how and when to do it, and demand respect. He come home from military school a different person, a much more dispilined person and the better for it, (but not to a different peer group, NOT GOOD, and for another post).
   My second son signed up willing, he left 2 weeks after highschool graduation, was with the first wave to hit Bagdad,  not even 21 and he has already served his country in Iraq, and come home a totally different person too, he smokes now, cusses, drinks like a fish, has nightmares, who honestly should have NEVER been in Iraq. He has already seen things a young man his age should NEVER have had to deal with.
    An enforced draft, I just don't know, some are cut our for "war" some aren't. My 2 boy proves that.  I wouldn't mind seeing them raise the age to 21. The age the can sign up now is not old enough, 17 yrs old can sign up on a delayed entery program, barely dry behind the ears and they can go to war for this country. Barely able to drive a car and eventually that is changing as well, can't buy cig legally, can buy a beer legally,(neather of which is a good choice either, but a cold beer once in a while isn't bad) but they can go to war......our system is messed up, and still it is better than what other countries have. I feel blessed in so many ways. I resent when people say we are over there  (Iraq) killing people. War is nasty, bloody, terrible deaths, we all know that, people are calling my son a killer......like nothing less than those on death row. Please my son is not a killer, he signed up, willingly yes, full of the false glory the recruiters fillid his head with, he never never intended to go to war. But it happened. Now what?
   DOesn't the scriptures tells us to go to war, defend out country? People have to fight those wars, its wars that made this a free country (well almost). There is both sides to this descussion, and I am not sure there is a "right" answer except what the scriptures tells us. Look how many times the Lord directed someone to kill all ppl, man, women and child, even thier animals, not to take any of there gold, ect ect....something to think about.

following the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road.....
blessing,
musicllover

musicllover
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the