Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:06:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Covicted yes, condemned, never!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covicted yes, condemned, never!  (Read 1259 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2004, 10:02:34 AM »

I was just listening to Charles Stanley where he said in his inimitable style; "Convicted yes, condemned, never." He added; "You don't even have the right to feel condemned." In Romans, 8:1-2, "For there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." I will repeat, there is now NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus. I'll say it one more time for those who don't believe it. There is now NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus. We are no longer condemned once we receive the spirit. Good works come from that. End of story.
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 02:55:21 PM »

Cheesy

Charles Stanely is one of my favorites.

Don't you wish we could stop all the striving.

If everyone could just put themselves aside for a moment and stop trying to get whatever is in their best interest, the striving would go away.

There would be so much more agreement among us.

I see where you're coming from Heidi, but at some point you have to let the Holy Spirit do its work.  I'm finally realizing that I'm not the Holy Spirit, not the Savior, and can't do the work of those without them.  

I can't believe after all this arguing and posting that a certain person still thinks that the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ and God the Father cannot make a move on the heart and mind of anyone unless first they become part of the establishment that he referes to as church and learns all the doctrines there and accepts them verbatim as law.  the trinity is powerless without a certain person's church.  Jesus certainly died on the cross but Jesus cannot save sinners without a certain person's church.  The Holy Spirit is definately our helper and intercedes for us in prayer, but not without the help of a certain person's church.  I mean without that church, God is powerless.  In order to get to God we have to go through that certain person's church.

I guess either their wrong, or God really is powerless.

I know that God is all mighty, so that means their wrong about what He can or cannot do through His church.  

Peace

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 12:15:14 AM »

I got saved and i had never been to a church in my life! The church doesn't save us, Candice, only God can. In bible study last year, we agreed that Christians are more in danger of worshiping the church before worshiping Christ. That has certainly been proven true on this forum! I put NO ONE, or no thing above Christ. Others can do what they like. I'm sick of being put down for putting Christ first in my life, especially by other Christians.  For the moment, I only want to converse with people who also put Christ before anyone or anything. There are many on this forum who do that.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 01:57:29 AM »

The church doesn't save us, Candice, only God can. In bible study last year, we agreed that Christians are more in danger of worshiping the church before worshiping Christ.
Amen!!!!!!!

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 08:26:31 AM »

Thanks, Dream Weaver.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the