Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:18:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is it possible ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it possible ?  (Read 793 times)
carsncandy

I am saved !

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2004, 10:43:55 PM »

A few days ago my mother who has a degernerative illness (Parkinson's related) told me that the Lord told her the what day she was going to die. Shocked
A little background, my mom had been involved for most of her life with witches and new age religions (channelling). Last year, on Easter Sunday  Grin she accepted the Lord . She loves Jesus and loves to worship Him. Right after that she was diagnost with this diseise.
I can not find any scripture to either agree or disagree with what she tells my she believes the Lord told her. It seems "wrong" to me. I did ask what she thought the purpose would be, she didn't know but is convinced that God told her.
Is it possible ? Huh

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew thier strength. They wil soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 11:10:02 PM »

With God, all things are possible.

But is it probable? It could happen, but I'd probably question it.

There are quite a few instances in the bible where God told people they were about to die:

2Ki 2:1  And it happened when Jehovah was to take Elijah up into Heaven by a whirlwind, Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.
2Ki 2:3  And the sons of the prophets at Bethel came forth to Elisha, and said to him, Do you know that Jehovah will take away your master from your head today? And he said, Yes, I know. Keep silent.
2Ki 2:6  And Elijah said to him, Please stay here, for Jehovah has sent me to Jordan. And he said, As Jehovah lives, and as your soul lives, I will not leave you. And the two of them went on.
2Ki 2:7  And fifty men of the sons of the prophets went on and stood afar off across from them. And both of them stood by the Jordan.
2Ki 2:8  And Elijah took his mantle and rolled it up, and struck the waters. And they were divided here and there, so that both of them crossed over on dry ground.
2Ki 2:9  And it happened when they had gone over, Elijah said to Elisha. Ask what I shall do for you before I am taken away from you. And Elisha said, please, let a double portion of your spirit be upon me.
2Ki 2:10  And he said, You have asked a hard thing, but if you see me taken from you, it shall be so to you; but if not, it shall not be.
2Ki 2:11  And it happened as they went on and talked, behold, a chariot of fire and horses of fire came, and they separated between them both. And Elijah went up in a tempest into Heaven.
2Ki 2:12  And Elisha saw, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel and its horsemen! And he saw him no more. And he took hold of his clothes and tore them in two pieces.

Both Elijah and Elisha knew that Elijah was going to heaven. Now, technically, Elijah did not die, but was taken to heaven while still alive (according to 2 Kings).

Gen 20:3  But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, you are about to die, for the woman whom you have taken; for she is a man's wife.

Here god tells Abimelech that he is "about to die"....however, Abimelech returns the woman....

Deu 31:14  And Jehovah said to Moses, Behold, your days are coming near to die. Call Joshua and present yourselves in the tabernacle of the congregation, and I shall charge him. And Moses and Joshua went. And they presented themselves in the tabernacle of the congregation.

God tells Moses that his "days are coming near to die".

He also says similar things to others: in fact, Jesus indicated to the disciples when he was to die also.

So it's possible, I just don't know how probable.

Not much help, I guess. God does know how our days on earth are numbered. And I do believe that as our days draw to a close we do come to know that the time is near, but as for the exact day....I don't know.

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
carsncandy

I am saved !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 11:12:58 PM »

Gracie,
Me niether, but thanks, alot, really.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew thier strength. They wil soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 09:14:02 AM »

Jesus says that we have to lose our lives in order to save them. What he means is for us to become more attached to the spirit than to the world. When God asked Solomon for his biggest wish, Solomon asked for wisdom. God said that because Solomon asked for nothing worldly, INCLUDING HIS OWN LIFE,  then God would give Solomon everything! Solomon's first desire was for God. Paradoxically, that is when we can be healed! "Seek first His kingdom and his righeousness and these things will be given unto you as well." If your mother submits to God's will, even if it means her own death, then he can do wonders with her. But He will also know when it's her time to go. It sounds like your mother accepts this. That is excellent faith. I literally OWE my life to God for what He's done for me, not the other way around.
carsncandy

I am saved !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 10:20:46 PM »

Hello Hiedi,
 It's true , God gives us our life and then according to His will, we give it back so that He may grant us yet again LIFE. I know most certainly that I would have no hope, no life, no hope for a life will out Him. It's hard to see people we care for die and yet I'm assured that there will be no more suffering when her life her is through, so I pray for mercy.
Be blessed.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 09:02:27 AM »

That's a very beautiful and poignant post, carsncandy. It can be all too easy to care for people more than Christ.
carsncandy

I am saved !

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 09:41:40 PM »

Hi Hiedi,
You know it's true. There were days that we ( my mom and me) were apart, Cry estranged, seperated and during that I had lost my mother I had found the Lord. Then there came a day that I desired to go to her, I had long forgiven her and then I langed for her, for an earthly mother,  asked the Lord to restore that and He asked my to chose, Huh I chose Christ. He answered in return with restoration. It was only then that I began to see the depth of God's hand on my life, on life generally. My overwhelming desire became that of her salvation. Years now have gone by and I am her care giver, God in His awesome wisdom and amazing ways had te priveledge to lead her then to Him. Cool What a miracle! God is so good to me!
Be blessed.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the