Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:36:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  no reference to God in the EU constitution
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: no reference to God in the EU constitution  (Read 1292 times)
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2004, 02:17:24 AM »

http://www.euobserver.com/?sid=9&aid=16609

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS - The European Constitution will remain without a reference to Christianity, under new proposals by the Irish EU Presidency.

In a paper dealing with eleventh-hour issues circulated to governments on Sunday (12 June), Dublin moderates the lengthy preamble to the Constitution but does not add any reference to God or Christianity.

Dan 11:36   And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
Dan 11:37   Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

FYI,
this is presumably my last topicpost before moving to South Africa.

Have fun all, and see you topside.
2B

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 05:32:03 AM »

http://www.euobserver.com/?sid=9&aid=16609

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS - The European Constitution will remain without a reference to Christianity, under new proposals by the Irish EU Presidency.

In a paper dealing with eleventh-hour issues circulated to governments on Sunday (12 June), Dublin moderates the lengthy preamble to the Constitution but does not add any reference to God or Christianity.

Dan 11:36   And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
Dan 11:37   Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

FYI,
this is presumably my last topicpost before moving to South Africa.

Have fun all, and see you topside.
2B
I was reading that tonight 2B.

Have a safe trip, go with God in peace.
DW

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 05:46:51 AM »

Excuse me, I was reading the Court of Justice/EU Court.

Based in Luxembourg, the Court adjudicates on cases under the EU treaties. It is the final interpreter of EU legal issues under the treaties, its decisions cannot be appealed against. It adjudicates in cases brought before it by citizens or associations, by Member States against one another, by Member States against the EU institutions and vice versa, and by EU institutions against one another. The Court consists of one judge from each Member State and nine advocate generals, who prepare the cases. They are divided into chambers.

The Court is only responsible for first pillar (supra-national) issues and is therefore officially called the European Community Court. Under the Treaty of Nice the Court gained competence in some Justice and Home Affairs and may now be called the EU Court. The Court has been a major influence in interpreting the treaties in ways that have effectively extended EU competence to the widest possible extent. In 1964, in the Costa vs. Enel case, it decided that EU law must over-ride (have primacy over) national law. In 1970, in the Internationale Handelsgesellschaft and Simmenthal cases it decided that EU law also over-rides (has primacy over) national constitutions.

It has a lower court, the Court of First Instance, to which cases concerning competition policy, staff disputes and certain other cases are delegated.

The future

If the Charter of Fundamental Rights is made legally binding, as proposed in the draft Constitution, the Court will become a rival to the Human Rights Court in Strasbourg, for both will be dealing with human rights issues.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 12:58:19 AM »

Twobombs and Dreamweaver.
This is great information, thanks.

Have a safe trip bomb.

Dreame...Do you have law experience?

Bronzesnake.
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 10:31:13 AM »

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/world/8963105.htm?1c

European Union Adopts First Constitution
ED JOHNSON - Associated Press

BRUSSELS, Belgium - European Union leaders sealed a hard-fought deal on a constitution, and now turn to their own citizens for what could be a difficult battle to gain acceptance for the text at home.

Note: In 2009 this constitution should take effect.

http://www.saintsharvest.com/eupresident.html

Prime Minister Tony Blair of England sent shock waves through the prophetic community when the media announced that he is eyeing the possibility of becoming the first full-time president of Europe. He may seek the position once he steps down from office in August of next year.

Blair has backing from several fellow world leaders. Valéry Giscard d’Estaing, the former French president who chairs the convention on Europe’s future, agrees that the European Union needs a president if it is to punch its weight on the international stage. President Chirac of France was actually the first head of state to publicly propose the idea of Blair seeking the EU presidency. The leaders of Denmark and Sweden have quickly swung behind the plan.

Note: according to a lot of scolars there is a big chance that the first president of the complete(d) EU will be from britain, and will be accepted by the jewish people as their peaceplan maker, etc, etc.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 10:33:30 AM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 01:03:16 PM »

Twobombs and Dreamweaver.
This is great information, thanks.

Have a safe trip bomb.

Dreame...Do you have law experience?

Bronzesnake.
1 year of law school. Then I realized that with my deafness, I wouldn't be able to do much.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 01:04:12 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the