Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:49:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Car Forum?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Car Forum?  (Read 11829 times)
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2004, 08:27:16 PM »

Can we have a forum solely for discussing cars and the automobile industry?

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 09:16:06 AM »

Nah. We only make new forums if we know they aren’t going to be used. Wink Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 05:37:50 PM »

I assume you are being sarcastic.  Tongue

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 07:50:22 PM »

If sarcasm would imply the statement wasn’t meant to be taking seriously, then no, it isn't. Wink

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 11:24:50 PM »

If sarcasm would imply the statement wasn’t meant to be taking seriously, then no, it isn't.
Gee, Tibby, could you be any more obstinate?  
You know, one of these days when you grow up, you will have to go out and find a job.  In order to land that job, you will have to prove a few things to your prospective employer.  I’m not going to go into the many human aspects those employers will look for – but I can say, as someone who hires at the corporate level – many of your posts show none of them.  
It may be helpful if you learn what those skills are (many are social) and begin to practice them now.  What better place is there than a Christian Forum where tact is expected?

Yup – just preaching to a deaf choir.

Plus, your comment:
Nah. We only make new forums if we know they aren’t going to be used.
Implies you actually have a say-so in the matter?  Are you Admin?

Calm down, boy - those britches don't quite fit yet.

JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 01:41:09 AM »

I’ll save tact for the real world.

As for not being admin, what does that have to do with disliking how he runs the board? Do I have to have been the president to like or dislike what he is doing? Do I have to leave the country if I disagree? No. I have the right to feel how I do about the board, and if admin doesn’t like it, he has the power to ban me. He has yet to contact me and tell me he to leave. Ray is a big boy, he doesn’t need you to call foul whenever someone plays armchair QB. First hand Experience isn’t a prerequisite for holding an opinion, is it?

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 01:31:35 PM »

Proverbs
3:11 My son, don’t despise Yahweh’s discipline,
Neither be weary of his reproof:
9:7  He who corrects a mocker invites insult.
He who reproves a wicked man invites abuse.
9:8  Don’t reprove a scoffer, lest he hate you.
Reprove a wise man, and he will love you.
9:9  Instruct a wise man, and he will be still wiser.
Teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.
10:17  He is in the way of life who heeds correction,
But he who forsakes reproof leads others astray.
12:1  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge,
But he who hates reproof is stupid.
13:1  A wise son listens to his father’s instruction,
But a scoffer doesn’t listen to rebuke.
13:18  Poverty and shame come to him who refuses discipline,
But he who heeds correction shall be honored.
15:10  There is stern discipline for one who forsakes the way:
Whoever hates reproof shall die.
15:12  A scoffer doesn’t love to be reproved; He will not go to the wise.
15:31  The ear that listens to reproof lives, And will be at home among the wise.
15:32  He who refuses correction despises his own soul, But he who listens to reproof gets understanding.
17:10  A rebuke enters deeper into one who has understanding
Than a hundred lashes into a fool.
19:25  Flog a scoffer, and the simple will learn prudence;
Rebuke one who has understanding, and he will gain knowledge.
25:12  As an ear-ring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold,
So is a wise reprover to an obedient ear.
27:5  Better is open rebuke Than hidden love.
28:23  One who rebukes a man will afterward find more favor
Than one who flatters with the tongue.
29:15  The rod of correction gives wisdom,
But a child left to himself causes shame to his mother.
29:19  A servant can’t be corrected by words.
Though he understands, yet he will not respond.
30:6  Don’t you add to his words, Lest he reprove you, and you be found a liar.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »

That doesn’t answer my question. Sure, it implies I am foolish and you are all-knowing, and thinking that make maybe you feel just peachy, however, I asked you a specific questions. You did not answer a single one.

So, when can I expect answers, and not biblisults?

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 10:10:41 PM »

I wasn’t trying to get in a battle with you, Tibby.  I noted a blaringly rude post and tried to draw to the poster’s (your) attention that maybe this isn’t the place for it – and in fact no place is open to rudeness at anytime in anyone’s life.  

The questions in your replies have absolutely nothing to do with my attempt to let you know you were being obstinate toward a poster with a legitimate question/request – but rather you seem to feel the best defense is an offense.
Do you get a real charge out of being exceptionally insulting?  Does it make you feel ‘big’?

Okay, allow me to dissect your first reply to my post;
You said:
I’ll save tact for the real world.
If that statement is supposed to make you appear more obstinate, I assure you, it worked better than you may ever imagine.  If it was meant to make some other profound statement, it sorely failed.  
1 Peter 3:8
Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

You have made it clear you believe rudeness does have a place – particularly in your life on-line.  After all – you don’t have to look ‘your brother’ on C-Unite in the eye when you are being rude, do you?

As for not being admin, what does that have to do with disliking how he runs the board? Do I have to have been the president to like or dislike what he is doing? Do I have to leave the country if I disagree? No. I have the right to feel how I do about the board, and if admin doesn’t like it, he has the power to ban me. He has yet to contact me and tell me he to leave. Ray is a big boy, he doesn’t need you to call foul whenever someone plays armchair QB. First hand Experience isn’t a prerequisite for holding an opinion, is it?
That is basically one question with a lot of question marks, am I correct?  First I have to ask: Where did THAT come from?  What ARE you talking about?  I’m very impressed with your ability to name drop, (and I’m also sure that ‘Ray’ is also impressed since you’ve now given ‘admin’ a persona), but what in the world does that have to do with my asking you if the “We” in your original post implied you have a say-so in the matter of what goes on the board and if you are ‘admin’?  Unless you “put words in my mouth” by adding to my post, your reply has nothing to do with my statement/question.

Now to your second defense of yourself in reply to the scripture I posted:
That doesn’t answer my question.
That, my dear Tibby, appears to be a personal problem.
Sure, it implies I am foolish

If you feel foolish perhaps you shouldn’t put yourself in the position to be made to feel that way.  
and you are all-knowing,

No, I have never and will never ‘feel’ or ‘be’ all-knowing.  (That would be quite foolish of me.)  
and thinking that make maybe you feel just peachy
No, just the opposite.  I wish everyone acted with love and compassion and maturity – it makes me feel ill to have to point out to someone who proclaims himself a Christian that he is being obstinate to a brother in Christ.  But we, as Christians, are biblically directed to do so.
however, I asked you a specific questions. You did not answer a single one.
I have now.
So, when can I expect answers, and not biblisults?
You don’t need to wait any longer.  “Biblisults” – did you make that up all by yourself?  Is that what you consider any scripture that makes you feel uncomfortable?  

Tibby, I am 30 years your elder – and yes that does make me wiser than you.  Much wiser.  More than twice as wise.  My original post was a simple attempt to calm you down and get you to look at yourself and your interaction with others.  It is the same way I would approach my own son.  If you don’t care for someone, you don’t care how they act.  If you love someone then their actions impact you personally.  Accept my rebuke of your rudeness or ignore and attack my rebuke.  Either way, I’ll not bother you again on the matter.  I will examine myself and my motives more closely, I suggest you do the same.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 10:15:23 PM by JudgeNot » Logged

JPD
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2004, 10:33:58 PM »

Perhaps a wink  Wink and a grin  Grin reveals the true intent of reply #1 to the intitial topic post.

Support your local Christian.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2004, 10:50:53 PM »

Ollie,
There is no doubt in my mind you are probably correct.
(Hey - wait a minute... do "no doubt" and "probably" cancel each other out - kinda like a double negative?)   Huh

I'm sure I should have left well enough alone.  If not for hind-sight, I would be blind.  But I care for Tibby and it's tough...

Chalk it up to frustration.  My nearly-adult daughter considers me fairly lame, so I guess it's okay if Tibby does, too.  She doesn't listen to me, either, and considers any "corrective action" a personal attack, followed by...  well, never mind.

Sometimes I'm sure I've outlived my usefullness.  Then I think, "Naw!!!!"  Grin    

JPD
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2004, 11:34:40 PM »

Ollie,
There is no doubt in my mind you are probably correct.
(Hey - wait a minute... do "no doubt" and "probably" cancel each other out - kinda like a double negative?)   Huh
Perhaps it is a moronic oxy. No doubt we probably all make moronic oxys from time to time.

I'm sure I should have left well enough alone.  If not for hind-sight, I would be blind.  But I care for Tibby and it's tough...
Not to mention a probable stiff neck no doubt.

Chalk it up to frustration.  My nearly-adult daughter considers me fairly lame, so I guess it's okay if Tibby does, too.  She doesn't listen to me, either, and considers any "corrective action" a personal attack, followed by...  well, never mind.
All kids think parents are lame until they become parents and also become lame.

Sometimes I'm sure I've outlived my usefullness.  Then I think, "Naw!!!!"  Grin    
Probably without a doubt.

Smiley Ollie

Support your local Christian.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 01:06:37 AM »

I understand what you are saying, Judgenot. I do love you,     . And respect and consider everything you and several other members say (you are on a short list of people on this board I listen to). But considering what I wanted to say, and what I have type and deleted over and over, I think is was tactful. Or at the very least, MORE tactful. I have a rather jaded view about watching lies spread about my faith over and over, and the admin letting it continue for so long. How long do you think an anti-Evangelical would last? Sorry, not meaning to rant, I just wanted you to understand where I was coming from. I just really wonder about the necessity of a pet and poetry room. These rooms have not been requested on the public boards to my knowledge. But we have talked about other boards, and none of them ever appear. Maybe it is just me...Undecided

But, what got to me was the scripture post. Many people post ambiguous scriptures, and when asked for clarification, they are told that they need to read their bible more. And when they point out that fact that the post was ambiguous, they are accused of calling the bible ambiguous, when it fact, it is the poster you are referring to. It’s a double edged sword, a way out of an argument without proving anything. When you try to argue against their interpretation of the verses, you are accused of  questioning the infallibility of the bible. No one questions for a second that the bible is the inerrant word of God, the question is the infallibility of the interpretation. You’re post was clear, however, thanks to many of those who have posted off the wall verses, the Bible alone posts have really been tainted to me. Cry

And I agree with Ollie, If:

Grin= Humor, joking, or ribbing
Wink= still joking, however hinting at a the authors belief there is a kernel of truth in his post.

That last comment was Wink  

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2004, 09:36:57 AM »

I have examined myself and my motives more carefully.
You have my sincerest appologies.
I am a slow typist, but many times my fingers are faster than my brain.

JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2004, 12:51:25 PM »

That is ok. I hae the same problem, too. But I have an excuse, because I am 30 years your junior, after all. Tongue Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the