Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:14:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  the Eucharist,must be part of your church service
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Eucharist,must be part of your church service  (Read 2256 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2004, 10:48:08 PM »

and if your church doesnt celibrate this sacrement, is it doing what Christ asked us to do?
it seems to me that this must be apart of every service.

Since Christ is present under the appearances of bread and wine in a sacramental way, the Blessed Eucharist is unquestionably a sacrament of the Church. Indeed, in the Eucharist the definition of a Christian sacrament as "an outward sign of an inward grace instituted by Christ" is verified.
CleansedSpirit

For He has cleansed me, and made me whole!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 09:43:15 PM »

What is the Eucharist?

Psalm 51:1 "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions."

Wot,Wot, it's me, Hon Rosie, with a differant name.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 09:52:14 PM »

CleansedSpirit,

Eucharist: The name given to the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar its twofold aspect of sacrament and Sacrifice of Mass, and in which Jesus Christ is truly present under the bread and wine."

I'm nondenominational (just a simple member of Jesus' church) so I had to look it up online under a Catholic Encyclopedia.  Now we both learned something.  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
iconHis

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 11:29:04 PM »

I cannot do, only obey.
In what I obey must be the works of Chrsit through me for they are the only ones that will stand at the judgment seat of Christ.  My works are as filthy rags.
( 1Cor.3:11-15)
  Ephesians 2:8,9...By that favor, indeed, you have been saved, through the fiath;  and this is not from you;  it is God's gift;  9.  not from works, so that no one may boast...vs. 13 are made near by the blood of the anointed one.
                 Romans 8:5...For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh:  but they that are after the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
                 Romans 4:5  But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness

I can only use the Word of God as my guide.  Scares me not to by this example:   Rev.22:18b  If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plaques that are written in this book;
I cannot find anywhere to make sacriments to the Lord in the Word of God, I've read it many times.
The only place I find to do anything with a thing on this earth is taking bread and this is for remembrance of the Lord's body that was sacrificed to finish all works.
And to drink the wine to represent the Lord's blood shed for forgiveness of sins to all those who believe
Sacriments?  I don't know, this scares me.
  Romans 8:8...So, then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
                  Ephesians 3:15...Having by his flesh annulled the law of the commandments concerning ordinances, that he might form the two in himself into one new man---making peace
I don't want to touch anything or do anything that takes the place of Jesus representing himself perfectly, unless of course He tells me so in His word.  
I can tell you really love the Lord and love to meditate upon Him.  I think that is so deep and moving.  But even the Lord didn't say you must,  I believe He said in remembrance of me, yet is was specific typology of His perfect work.  So I think that if from the heart this is so reverantly done, and not as a must or else you are missing something that is commanded, then I think our Lord will cherish your heart.  And I hope you can tell I really admire your heart's thought on the glory of the Lord.   Smiley  iconHis.

HEADS UP Faithful!.... and you are Christ's
                                         and Christ is God's.
                                         1 Cor. 3:23
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 06:22:30 AM »

Eucharist Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 05:29:39 PM »

Grin

It's that bread and whine thing!

"Take this in remembrance of me!"

We do that at my church but not every Sunday.  

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 09:32:02 PM »

Ha-ha-HAAAA!-ha! Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 09:43:23 PM »

im very surprised in all of your responses, i feel i know so little, most of the time while on this sight but maybe not after all. read up on it more i did and thats why i believe it should be apart of every church service.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 09:45:39 PM »

Butch, sorry - I didn't mean to sound anti-anything with my comment, I just thought CC's post was just really funny....
 Grin

JPD
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 09:48:49 PM »

Grin

"Take this in remembrance of me!"

i must be more upset about my church closeing than i thought. for to call his blood (whine), is not funny. its wine the blood of Christ."Take this in remembrance of me!"

and if your inplying your whinning about taking it in memory of Christ then why take it.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 09:57:19 PM »

Nuh-uh - I edited out of my reply "take this in rememberance".
My congregation also takes communion in rememberance.

None-the-less, I take your lashing with humility.  Being hurtful is not one of my goals in life.  I pray you will accept my apology.
Jim

JPD
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 09:58:34 PM »

i understand that with out you saying anything brother . like i said im just upset. i just walked in from our latest church meeting of 300 parisheners , of how we can stop the church from closeing and it was gut wrenching.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 10:02:04 PM by BUTCHA » Logged
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2004, 10:05:26 PM »

Praying for you and your congregation...
Jesus WILL NOT leave those who love Him out in the cold!

That, is a guarantee!

Praise you Lord.

JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2004, 11:31:31 PM »

Have you thought about getting a deaconship and keeping the church open? It would be an interesting try. You and a few other get your deaconship, and every month or so, a Priest comes down and blesses the Sacrament. What is what we did for a time in Little Rock, Ak. It was a last resort, and it was only until the deacon became a Priest, but maybe you should ask the question. If you think you can find a few other godly men who are willing to help, and maybe a few of you become deacons, and work together. You can ask the Bishop, see what he says. It is an interesting idea, and if he is as liberal as I hear, maybe he will be open to it. Oh, the lord works in mysterious ways, maybe this time, his will be able to use you Liberal clergy problem to your benefit. Grin

Just an idea.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 08:12:32 PM »

thanks for the thought but im not well spoken.
and they want the church and land to sell to a college. the want the $$$$$$$$$$
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the