Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Purpose
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Purpose  (Read 2613 times)
cocoa88

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2004, 04:02:19 PM »

Hi, I have been praying to God for quite a while to help me uncover my purpose in life.  I am reading The Puropse Driven Life and it has helped me in so many ways to become closer to God.  I was just wandering if anyone would share with me what their purpose in life is...I have spoken to numerous adults and they to this day are not sure of their purpose.  I would just like to hear what others say about their purpose.  So, please share!

Your sister in christ,
Jessica

"There is nothing-absolutely nothing- more important than developing a friendship with God."

"Once you understand that life is a test, nothing is insignificant in your life."
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 11:30:40 PM »

Proverbs 19:11
A man's wisdom gives him patience

Ecclesiastes 7:8
The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Colossians 1:11
being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

1 Timothy 1:16
But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

2 Timothy 3:10
You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance,

Hebrews 6:12
We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

James 5:7
Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming.

Dear cocoa88,
I know that patience is a hard road - particularly for young folks. But, like perseverance, it pays off in the long run.  (I also realize, being the father of a teenager, that young folks do not like to be preached to - but it is best to learn your lesson, for one day you will be as old as me and have the need for a lesson to teach your teenager!)  
 Grin

Your friend in Jesus,
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 12:36:21 AM »

Proverbs 19:11
A man's wisdom gives him patience

Ecclesiastes 7:8
The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Colossians 1:11
being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

1 Timothy 1:16
But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

2 Timothy 3:10
You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance,

Hebrews 6:12
We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

James 5:7
Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming.

Dear cocoa88,
I know that patience is a hard road - particularly for young folks. But, like perseverance, it pays off in the long run.  (I also realize, being the father of a teenager, that young folks do not like to be preached to - but it is best to learn your lesson, for one day you will be as old as me and have the need for a lesson to teach your teenager!)  
 Grin

Your friend in Jesus,
JN

Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 12:44:23 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Cocoa88,

I certainly agree with Brother JudgeNot. Your personal relationship with Jesus Christ will depend much upon how much you yield to HIM, how often you pray earnestly, and how you wait upon the LORD for HIS Will, Purpose, and Path that He wants you to take. Your prayers for HIS Will and Purpose won't be just once, but dozens of times during your life. As you mature in Christ, more of your prayers should be for HIS Will and Purpose than for HIS help in times of crisis and distress. The quality and quantity of your fellowship with the Lord and Saviour will actually depend much on what you do and how far you wish to yield to HIM.

Your asking tells me that you are very interested in this subject. Your entire life will definitely impact whether you have an intimate relationship with Jesus or not. Your testimony for HIM, your obedience to HIM, your study of HIS WORD, and everything you do will be big factors. As an example, someone praying or studying only when they have a crisis should not expect a daily and intimate relationship with Jesus.

I hope this helped some.

Love In Christ,
Tom  

cocoa88

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 11:32:31 AM »

Tom and JN,
 I just wanted to thank you for your input!  It has helped me a lot.  I am a young folk, but I do appreciate being preached to, because I want to hear others views on things.  I guess I was going about this the wrong way! I just want to thank you both again! Bless you both!

Your sister in Christ,
Jessica

"There is nothing-absolutely nothing- more important than developing a friendship with God."

"Once you understand that life is a test, nothing is insignificant in your life."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 02:42:07 PM »

Jessica,

You are most welcome. JudgeNot and I were young once, about 40 years ago.   Cheesy  On some days, I can even remember what it was like to be young. It was a difficult and trying time in my life.

Love In Christ,
Tom

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 06:05:05 PM »

Hi, I have been praying to God for quite a while to help me uncover my purpose in life.  I am reading The Puropse Driven Life and it has helped me in so many ways to become closer to God.  I was just wandering if anyone would share with me what their purpose in life is...I have spoken to numerous adults and they to this day are not sure of their purpose.  I would just like to hear what others say about their purpose.  So, please share!

Your sister in christ,
Jessica
Ones purpose in life should be to know the love of God and share it with others. It is life saving and removes all who are in it from the bondage of sin through the gift of God given through Jesus Christ. One cannot know though unless it is shared and one cannot share unless it is known. It is a perfect circle of purpose.

Support your local Christian.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 12:45:05 PM »

You are most welcome. JudgeNot and I were young once, about 40 years ago.  
Cheesy

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 09:28:22 PM »

Nope!  Wrong, wrong, wrong WRONG!  Angry

Only 39 years ago for me.  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2004, 01:12:58 AM »

Nope!  Wrong, wrong, wrong WRONG!  Angry

Only 39 years ago for me.  Grin

Oklahoma Howdy to JudgeNot,

Grin  In fact, the times that I felt most comfortable in were longer than 40 years ago, but I won't say how much longer.

JudegeNot, do you ever reflect and feel the shock of the massive changes over the last 50 years? Life was pretty simple and moral then.  UM???

Howdy Doody was replaced by Marilyn Manson.
Captain Kangaroo was replaced by VH1.

I could go on, but I don't want to.   Cheesy  We didn't have a television for most of my youth, and when we did, we only watched selected shows several times per week. Kids played outside most of the time and had little chance to become obese. Trouble back then was chewing gum in school, knocking the knee out of your good school clothes, and fighting with siblings. It was a death sentence to back-talk mom.   Cheesy  I think that I could return to those days.

Love In Christ,
Tom

ivan

God`s servant.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2004, 09:42:37 AM »

Hi  Jessica  Wink
You ask about purpose in life. I think our purpose is glorify God in all deeds in our life and goy in God always.
We all have this goal.
God give special gifts for every of as. So our second goal is to serve God and people through our gift.

Love In Christ
Your brother Ivan.  Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the