Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:42:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  More proof of world wide flood...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More proof of world wide flood...  (Read 2954 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 07:14:37 AM »

God said He flooded the entire world...and He did. There are sunken cities, fossils on the highest mountain peaks and a huge wooded ship stuck in the side of a mountain at 17,000 feet! God is real, His Word is true, the proof is all around us.

Bronzesnake

Right On

BL Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
new_self

body piercing saved my life

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 11:32:01 AM »

Amen Brother love!!!   Smiley
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 11:36:02 AM by new_self » Logged

"No one can read the Gospels witout feeling the actual presence of Jesus.His personality pulsates in every word.No myth is filled with such life."  -Albert Einstein.The Saturday Evening Post:October 26th,1929
Bronzesnake
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 12:27:50 PM »

ebia, my friend...

Yes. The same science that has produced all the technological and medical advances that you seem quite happy to make use of.  Either science works or it doesn't, and the world we have around us proves pretty conclusively that it works.

So, in your mind, because we have cars, computers, aspirin, etc...all scientific theory is proved beyond all doubt?

You know full well that there's a huge gulf between the laws of science and the theoretical sciences ebia. Or, at least you should.

I did not know that discussion on DNA was not allowed. I will keep my DNA references rudimentary... I have a pretty good understanding of DNA, carbon/radio dating, and the theory of evolution, and I can tell you that if you are serious about God, and I don't question you that you are, you will make a point of looking in to it, because "God supported evolution" didn't happen ebia. The actual fact is that God says it did not happen that way. The Genesis account is not ambiguous in the least, it is purposeful and quite specific. It's you who are interpretational ebia, not me. I take the account literally.The evidence actually supports God's telling of how He created life, we never see a fish morph into a lizard. The DNA data does not support an evolutionary process either ebia. Now, some scientists are telling us that we have "stopped evolving", and that's why we can find no "further" evidence to support it. Huh

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, [and] the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed [is] in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, [and] herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed [was] in itself, after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Gen 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

Gen 6:20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every [sort] shall come unto thee, to keep [them] alive.

Gen 7:14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

In your opinion, you read, Genesis, for example, and when God says He created each life form "after their kind" you don't take that statement as a literal true event. You then, must decide to put your own interpretation of what God really meant.

In my literal understanding, I accept the story as is, at face value. So there is no different interpretation, I'm not putting my own spin on it. God created each life form as a fully developed individual species, and each will reproduce their own kind. God never even hints that one species could change into another, and yet, because some people have doubts about God's ability to create in His manner, as He said He did, they are forced to come up with their own ideas that are in direct contrast to what God said actually happened.

All stories give details - the presence of details doesn't in any way indicate the historical truth or otherwise of a story.  You believe Him. I believe Him.  But we believe He meant different things by it.  He never said it was history, that's a human assumption.

ebia, if it's not history, if God is merely a "story teller" then how can we take Him seriously? We are then, forced to chose which "rules" we should obey, and which we shouldn't. We are forced to wonder whether God really created life and the Heavens at all. If God said He created the Heavens and the earth, as well as all life in the time the Genesis account says He did, yet, we come to the conclusion that the account is wrong, or ambiguous, then He's not being 100% truthful is He?
Heck, I might even doubt He ever did any of the other miraculous things He says He did.

What else don't you believe that God said ebia?

Bronzesnake.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2004, 01:05:16 AM »

Hello ebia...

The evidence actually supports God's telling of how He created life, we never see a fish morph into a lizard.  

This kind of statement makes it clear that you don't have the vaguest understanding of evolutionary theory.

I thought seeing as though you are so good at reading between the lines, you would understand my point. I have a far greater understanding of evolution than you might think ebia. I believe you knew what I meant, you are just being sardonic.

Take care ebia, it's been interesting.

neo...

Bronzesnake -

1.) I've never heard any scientist say that humans have "stopped evolving."

Then you should investigate more my friend, it is a common belief.

All life evolves, just extremely slowly;

You are ascribing to outdated theories if you still believe in a graduated transitional evolution my friend, ever hear of punctuated equilibrium?

asking why humans aren't evolving is like looking at a clock for three seconds and asking why the hour hand isn't moving.

The hour hand of any clock can be measured quite accurately, even in second intervals. The same can not be said of evolution, it's just a theory, and one that is falling apart at the seams.

2.) We have far more control over our environment than any other life form on earth. Since we are constantly changing our surroundings to suit ourselves, and not the other way around, some retardation of human evolution is to be expected.

You can't have it both ways, either it's evolving or it's not.

In any event, I have been informed that discussion on evolution vs creation is not permitted on this forum, otherwise I could challenge you with the reality of the seriously flawed science.

Take care neo.

Bronzesnake.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2004, 02:40:16 PM »

In any event, I have been informed that discussion on evolution vs creation is not permitted on this forum, otherwise I could challenge you with the reality of the seriously flawed science.
There are plenty of other fora where thinking isn't banned.

A house with no guidelines, or rules will soon fall apart.

That particular topic caused a lot of fighting, and it never solved anything. Some believe in the false teaching of evolution, some don't.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2004, 01:31:12 AM »

There are plenty of other fora where thinking isn't banned.

A house with no guidelines, or rules will soon fall apart.

That particular topic caused a lot of fighting, and it never solved anything.
Which differs from the other topics of debate here how exactly?

To ban the majority Christian view from a forum entitled "Christian's Unite" seems more than a bit ironic to me.

Hello ebia...

I don't know if you were here for the creation vs evolution topic, but it was huge. The topic was debated to death, endless back and fourth which eventually "evolved" into a WWF style "stupid match" I assume the moderator got many, many complaints and finally decided the topic was too controversial, and caused too much fighting.

Can't you live without it?
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2005, 02:22:40 AM »

Bumping for BRNZ, because he brought up the subject in another thread.

Hey BRNZ, this is great reading.
Bob

xpixiechick1234x

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2005, 07:05:06 AM »

During Biblical times, it was possible for people to live up to 900 years old if they didn't die from accident, murder, etc etc.
   The Bible proclaims that there was a canopy of water that used to be above the firmament.  The fermament being the earth's atmosphere.  The canopy of water was either in the form of gas, liquid, or ice.  I believe it was in the form of gas because of the clouds.  
   Genesis 1:7
  "And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so."
   The purpose of the canopy was to pressurize oxygen creating a global oxygen tank.  Keep in mind, oxygen is VERY important to our health.
   "Insufficient oxygen means insufficient biological energy that can result in anything from mild fatigue to life threatening disease."  www.oxygengiveslife.com.  So much for evolving if our oxygen is insufficient.  
   Anyways, God punished the world by flood
   Water came from the springs of the earth, and it rained.
   Genesis 7:11-12
   "In the six hundreth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.  And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights."
    The lifespan of people started going down.  Very few reached 900 yrs old because the world was corrupt.
     Noah lived 950 yrs old
    Shem lived 600 yrs old
    Arphaxad lived 438 yrs old
   Salah lived 433 yrs old
   Eber lived 464 yrs old
    Peleg lived 239 yrs old
   Reu lived 239 yrs old
    Serug live 230 yrs old
   Shorter lifespan and loss of oxygen is proof that the flood happened.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the