Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:38:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  70 catholic church closeings in boston
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 70 catholic church closeings in boston  (Read 13581 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 09:38:21 PM »

Cry  I'm sorry for all who has their church closing.  I would think I would die if my church closed.

Although, look on the  bright side, you now have a perfectly good excuse to leave the Catholic church without making anybody mad.
hi,Candice Cavalier
thank you,
the funny thing is when i came to cu.com i felt as though i as a christian that was attending the wrong church.(catholic).
so i tryed to learn more about other peoples veiws here on other denominations and the catholic faith.also why catholics do certian practices. so after reading the bible and books. ive found that it seems that i was wrong . feeling that the catholics have it more right than other christian denominations. the problem in my local area is we now just lost the only good catholic preist. the other two have issues that i will not get into here.and do to that i will not attend a church were the spiritial leader is practicing things against my faith.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 09:43:43 PM »

feeling that the catholics have it more right than other christian denominations.
 Huh
Butcha, Butcha, Butcha... Aintya learned NOTHIN yet???
 Grin

I wish you could come west and spend just one sunday with me and the congregation I worship with.  Just one short two-hour service...

Grin

Love you Bro - May God be with you in your search.  Don't your bosses (or fathers or priests or whatever you call them)  Grin have any advice on where the members should go upon closing of their perish?Huh??

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 09:55:14 PM »

feeling that the catholics have it more right than other christian denominations.
 Huh
Butcha, Butcha, Butcha... Aintya learned NOTHIN yet???
 Grin

I wish you could come west and spend just one sunday with me and the congregation I worship with.  Just one short two-hour service...

Grin

Love you Bro - May God be with you in your search.  Don't your bosses (or fathers or priests or whatever you call them)  Grin have any advice on where the members should go upon closing of their perish?Huh??

he is angry with the archdieses of boston also , my preist is being sent to the russian front . hes a Catholic priest his advise is to go to what Catholic church you feel comfortible with. the problem is their is none that fits the bill around here. so we are shopping churches.of many types of  congregations but i still think that the catholic base , not the pope or rome, is the closest to haveing sunday worship the way Christ wanted it.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 10:02:52 PM »

That's it!  The Russian Front!  Smiley
Hey - don't laugh - I understand the rivers there have trout as big as your leg.  (That is if you like to fish.)

In all seriousness, I've mentioned in other posts (you may have to look back aways) I have many, many members of my family (uncles, aunts, cousins) who are Catholic.  The small Texas town they all live in would wither up and die if the Catholic Church closed. So I DO know the seriousness of your delima.

I will be praying for you.

Jim

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 10:05:56 PM »

That's it!  The Russian Front!  Smiley
Hey - don't laugh - I understand the rivers there have trout as big as your leg.  (That is if you like to fish.)

In all seriousness, I've mentioned in other posts (you may have to look back aways) I have many, many members of my family (uncles, aunts, cousins) who are Catholic.  The small Texas town they all live in would wither up and die if the Catholic Church closed. So I DO know the seriousness of your delima.

I will be praying for you.

Jim
the strange thing is i dont concider myself catholic. and i have told my preist that , but he still lets me run the youth program and teach classes
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 11:23:55 PM »

There is a really shortage. The guy who does the Latino Service in our town is an Indian, with the thickest accent I’ve ever heard! It doesn’t help that is congregation speaks about as much English as him. Grin lol. THey only keep him around because he is a good soccer player (that part isn't a joke) Grin

It is getting bad. The Bishop just sent a friend of mine (Roman) to Missouri to get training, because it is the nearest Conservative school that will admit a Catholic or ministry! When there aren’t any Conservative schools in the rusty buckle of the bible belt, you know we are in trouble.  Grin and Cry at the same time.

We need a weeding out before he have a revival! The crop is ready, but the workers are so few!

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
BlackmanX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2004, 12:25:21 PM »

I am  pretty  liberal.  But  some  of the  things  I am seeing  in  our society  are  beginning  to trouble me.  There are a  lot of activist  movements  that are  anti-family.  I cannot stand those and  I think we  should  watch  out  for  them.   Too many "isms"  out  there.  Capitalism,  marxism,  communism, feminism,  all the isms  in  the  world and  in history promote  one  group  while putting  down the rest.  Abandon  all  "isms"  people.  They  threaten  our  world.  

There  is a  war  against  the  family.  The  Church is  under attack.  The seed  of  destruction  has  been  planted and  from this  seed  grows  a new  nightmare.  One  from which humanity  may  never  awaken.

peace.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2004, 05:32:24 PM »

How very pessimistic of you. However, I disagree with your gloom and doom theory. Of course we will recover. Of course will “wake up” We always do. We get knocked down, but we get back up gain, no problem.

Besides, I don't think we can put Capitalism, marxism, and communism on the same level as feminism. What is wrong with "isms" anyways?

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2004, 07:30:21 PM »

No more Bingo Smiley
or blue light specials in Brockton.

Support your local Christian.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2004, 10:23:32 PM »

well we prayed to God, that our church wouldnt close.amen

they wouldnt talk to us. Cry

then we hired a lawyer.$$$$$$$$

now they want to talk with us. Undecided

is God working in mysterious ways? Grin

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2004, 11:56:56 PM »

YAY!!!! Grin

BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2004, 10:27:53 PM »

we just had another meatting at our church about its closeing.
we invited all the catholic preist .
they all came, we had a quistion and answer forum, it was heatted at times emotions were flying high, i felt bad for the preist they had a diffucult time managing the anger and emotions.but one of them did well , two of them got angree and lost it themselfs.the oyher two were very old and weak, and just had a hard time in general.but it was good that they came to try and help.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2004, 09:16:06 AM »

Yeah, sorry, Ollie. Bad news ahead: It is still going strong and getting stronger. The RC churchs here are growing. A friend of mine, Fr. Mark, who runs a full-pew church in one town, is opening up a mission in another town already. Down here, dispite the lack of Native English speaking preists, and the shortages of Priests in America in general (who would want to work in this living hell created by the Anti-Catholics), their is much growth. Many of the other pastors are turning to litergy is some for or another, weither is prayer life, or sunday mornings, etc, etc.  Smiley Grin It is a great work God is doing.
thats great to here,but in my little corner of the world, it seems as though we are heading in the oposite direction . politicaly and spiritialy.boston it very libreral, and its hard to picture a world other than your surroundings.

You area is also very Catholic, isn’t it? Here, Priests get spit on, and dead animals thrown on their lawns. Maybe there is some merit to the theory that the Church is strongest when amidst persecution. Or perhaps this is the case where 2 workers are in a feild, and one is taken, spoken of in Matt. God is weeding out the church world wide of the Liberal element. Amen!

Ollie, you seem a little defensive. I was only joking with you about the bad news part, implying you more protest leaning beliefs make you anti-Catholic. I guess the joke isn’t as funny when you have to explain it. Tongue Or maybe it wasn’t very humorous to start with. :-D Man, ever since the last carpet bombing, no one has been in the mood for interdenom jokes. ;
implying you more protest leaning beliefs make you anti-Catholic

I prefer proChrist rather than "anti-anything".
However if proChrist appears as anything that speaks out against "antiChrist. then so be it.
I am not a protester, but just a Christian or believer in Christ.
If the word of God seems to protest anything that violates His word then so be it.

To God be the glory.

Ollie
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 09:17:18 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2004, 11:08:59 PM »

i dont beleave you i think you are anti something................................................................. ...............................................

anti- anti christian Grin
BFWard

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2004, 01:47:28 AM »

Although, look on the  bright side, you now have a perfectly good excuse to leave the Catholic church without making anybody mad.

That's a joke, right?

"51: Call to remembrance what acts our fathers did in their time; so shall ye receive great honour and an everlasting name. "
1 Maccabees 2:51 (KJV)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the