Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:59:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  70 catholic church closeings in boston
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 70 catholic church closeings in boston  (Read 13631 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2004, 04:33:08 PM »

my church is one of them time to go hunting Undecided
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 07:16:22 PM »

well we all met last week to discuss our church closeing about 300 people all the tv people were thier. lots of gut wrenching stories , wasnt a dry eye in the house . to my amazement the meatting turned into i big anti catholic asablishment talk , even from the older folk . we are going to fight the closeing, we are hireing lawyers. the church will close anyhow but we want the truth to come out . they say were closeing for many reasons none are true. the truth is the law suite of sexual abuse and a cover up by cardinal law. whom has a new sweatheart deal at the vatican.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 07:20:48 PM »

well i have now visited a very nice small methodist church that i liked, and a conservative congretional church i liked also very small.next i have a Episcopal church on my list and another congretional church.

note the catholic church nearest us now has a singing openly gay preist , so thats out.
maryann
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 06:18:41 PM »

It is quite sad what is happening in the Catholic church.
Sadly it is happening to many others also.  Just wait you'll
see more closures.  Important is a personal relationship
with Jesus Christ.  We as babies were dedicated to the
God and had a sponsor.  We  were again committing at 13, but
with a sponsor.  Now that we are our own sponsor as to what
happens in our lives, it is time to re-dedicate our lives to The
Living Savior Jesus Christ.  Since being disallusioned by CHURCH.
I have said a re-dedication prayer and gave my heart and life
to Jesus and have been extremely happier.  I am now able to
truly KNOW, LOVE AND SERVE the Lord.  Also have been able
to be a comfort to those who are so disappointed in what is
happening.  All churches need prayer.  Mainly to get to know
Jesus personally and live a life that will get us to Heaven by
knowing that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, Jesus suffered
and died for us on the cross. But He did rise again to go back
to the Father in heaven and to send us the Power of The Holy
Spirit to lead and guide our lives.  To believe that Jesus shed
His Blood for us and that is The only way to heaven, to ask
forgiveness for our sins and ask Him into our hearts, then
live for Him....... we will get to Heaven.   HE must be LORD of
our LIVES>  the church is where you hear about Jesus.....
Jesus even when we are not in church...... will get us there.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 06:37:09 PM »

Is it the beginning, the ending, or perhaps both?

Support your local Christian.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 08:51:12 PM »

Is it the beginning, the ending, or perhaps both?
it strandge for me, most here are devistated. but for me its like being at a funeral , but have a baby born into the family in the same day. i see a lot of hope , and im excited for the future.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 09:36:28 AM »

Yeah, sorry, Ollie. Bad news ahead: It is still going strong and getting stronger. The RC churchs here are growing. A friend of mine, Fr. Mark, who runs a full-pew church in one town, is opening up a mission in another town already. Down here, dispite the lack of Native English speaking preists, and the shortages of Priests in America in general (who would want to work in this living hell created by the Anti-Catholics), their is much growth. Many of the other pastors are turning to litergy is some for or another, weither is prayer life, or sunday mornings, etc, etc.  Smiley Grin It is a great work God is doing.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 08:20:45 PM »

Yeah, sorry, Ollie. Bad news ahead:
Why, sorry? Because you are reporting bad news to come?

It is still going strong and getting stronger. The RC churchs here are growing.
I don't doubt that it is. The Bible predicts it. Only it is not mentioned or refered to as RC churches.

A friend of mine, Fr. Mark, who runs a full-pew church in one town, is opening up a mission in another town already. Down here, dispite the lack of Native English speaking preists, and the shortages of Priests in America in general (who would want to work in this living hell created by the Anti-Catholics),
Only those associated with the church located at Rome perhaps? I donot know where "down here" is located?

their is much growth. Many of the other pastors are turning to litergy is some for or another, weither is prayer life, or sunday mornings, etc, etc.  Smiley Grin It is a great work God is doing.
What tells you it is a great work God is doing? What is your standard to compare against to know?

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 03:12:37 PM »

Yeah, sorry, Ollie. Bad news ahead: It is still going strong and getting stronger. The RC churchs here are growing. A friend of mine, Fr. Mark, who runs a full-pew church in one town, is opening up a mission in another town already. Down here, dispite the lack of Native English speaking preists, and the shortages of Priests in America in general (who would want to work in this living hell created by the Anti-Catholics), their is much growth. Many of the other pastors are turning to litergy is some for or another, weither is prayer life, or sunday mornings, etc, etc.  Smiley Grin It is a great work God is doing.
thats great to here,but in my little corner of the world, it seems as though we are heading in the oposite direction . politicaly and spiritialy.boston it very libreral, and its hard to picture a world other than your surroundings.
His Messenger

Will you spend eternity with God?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2004, 05:47:55 PM »

Just like K-Marts

For when we were yet without strength, in due time CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY"
(Romans 5:6).

"And you, being dead in your sins... hath He quickened together with him, HAVING FORGIVEN YOU ALL TRESPASSES"
(Colossians 2:13).

Will you spend eternity with God?
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2004, 10:27:19 PM »

Just like K-Marts
funny they closed a k-mart in brockton ma. then a church went in.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 06:23:39 AM »

No more Bingo Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2004, 05:32:25 PM »

Cry  I'm sorry for all who has their church closing.  I would think I would die if my church closed.

Although, look on the  bright side, you now have a perfectly good excuse to leave the Catholic church without making anybody mad.

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2004, 06:12:13 PM »

thats great to here,but in my little corner of the world, it seems as though we are heading in the oposite direction . politicaly and spiritialy.boston it very libreral, and its hard to picture a world other than your surroundings.

You area is also very Catholic, isn’t it? Here, Priests get spit on, and dead animals thrown on their lawns. Maybe there is some merit to the theory that the Church is strongest when amidst persecution. Or perhaps this is the case where 2 workers are in a feild, and one is taken, spoken of in Matt. God is weeding out the church world wide of the Liberal element. Amen!

Ollie, you seem a little defensive. I was only joking with you about the bad news part, implying you more protest leaning beliefs make you anti-Catholic. I guess the joke isn’t as funny when you have to explain it. Tongue Or maybe it wasn’t very humorous to start with. :-D Man, ever since the last carpet bombing, no one has been in the mood for interdenom jokes. Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004, 09:27:03 PM »

tibby

you said ........You area is also very Catholic, isn’t it? Here, Priests get spit on, and dead animals thrown on their lawns. Maybe there is some merit to the theory that the Church is strongest when amidst persecution. Or perhaps this is the case where 2 workers are in a feild, and one is taken, spoken of in Matt. God is weeding out the church world wide of the Liberal element. Amen!

this is true here also, and its discusting.but what i see going on in front of my eyes in boston , and its not on the news ( i have been attending meatings with preist and church leaders) and its a total mess, up here no other catholic church is equiped, or wants to take in our parish. but we have been welcomed by protestan churches.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the