Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:43:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ooooh Pets.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ooooh Pets.  (Read 11460 times)
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 07:22:20 PM »

Me and my brother are real big on snakes. We regularly go up to the Great Smoky Mountains and look for copperheads. We've found a few and my bro has even been bitten by one. It was his fault. He was being naive. Tongue Anyway, I'm trying to see if I can identify that snake. The closest thing I can come to is some weird corn snake. It has the corn snake/rat snake kind of head, but I'm clueless. What is it?

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 07:41:27 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Colleen,

Thanks for the information on the giant bunny. He does sound interesting, but I think that I will limit my pets to dogs. My two old dogs can almost talk, and they only snort when you do something that upsets them.   Cheesy

Willowbirch,

(13) rabbits - WHEW!! Let's see, that would be a herd of rabbits, right?   Grin

Forrest,

Those snakes look pretty in a picture, but there are only two different kinds of snakes:  (1) poisonous land snakes, (2) poisonous water snakes.   Grin  It's close, but I think that I would rather wrestle a gorilla.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 11:59:09 AM »

(13) rabbits - WHEW!! Let's see, that would be a herd of rabbits, right?   Grin
'Course I've heard of rabbits. Did you think I was stupid?  Tongue

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
colleen

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 12:29:06 PM »

We raised them when I was younger.  Flemish Giants, French Lops (the other big ones), and Mini Lops.  We also had 1 Holland Lop, and a Rex.  The most we had at once was 32.  But we sold the babies.  We showed them with ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders Association).  Lyle is actually show quality if I cared to go to shows anymore, his parents are both Grand Champions, and he has the traits to be one himself.  I just don't have the time for that much and for now 1 is just fine.

Willowbirch,
I think he blackeyedpeas was just saying that with 13 rabbits you have a herd.  Not that you hadn't heard of them.  But I can't speak for him....
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2004, 07:46:54 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Colleen,

Grin  I think that Willowbirch was zinging me for using city boy terms. My wife is a school teacher, and I kid her with the term "herd" when talking about all kinds of groups of animals that are not called herds.  Here's the funny part:  I don't know what a large group of rabbits would be called, but "herd" works for me.  OOPS! - I just looked out the window and saw a herd of geese.   Grin

By the way, I just watched a show on animal planet that had giant bunnies as pets. They were playing with other animals, and it was a riot. I asked my wife if she wanted a pet rabbit, and she sent me to my room.  However, that's where I wanted to be anyway.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2004, 08:35:50 PM »

Here is what I like, though I don't have one yet.

We don't have any boa's out here. But my husband is constantly shooting all other kinds of snakes. If you want, we'll mail you one!  Grin

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2004, 01:29:22 AM »

Me and my brother are real big on snakes. We regularly go up to the Great Smoky Mountains and look for copperheads. We've found a few and my bro has even been bitten by one. It was his fault. He was being naive. Tongue Anyway, I'm trying to see if I can identify that snake. The closest thing I can come to is some weird corn snake. It has the corn snake/rat snake kind of head, but I'm clueless. What is it?

Their both BOA Contrictors, the one on the left is a Red Tail, the right an, Albino. BEP their nonpoisonous they live up to about 30 years, 10-12ft 50lbs

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
colleen

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2004, 08:18:48 AM »

I had a boa for a while.  I named him Mars.  I sent him home with a missionary that was in our area.  Mom was scared of him and wouldn't come in my room with the snake there.  They are neat creatures.
DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2004, 11:55:38 AM »

My cousin had a boa that was HUGE, longer than 14 ft...and he lived to be somewhere between 17 to 20 yrs old.  (he was a SPOILED snake)

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2004, 02:11:37 PM »

Their both BOA Contrictors, the one on the left is a Red Tail, the right an, Albino. BEP their nonpoisonous they live up to about 30 years, 10-12ft 50lbs

Okay, cool. No wonder I couldn't identify them. The only snakes I know are the ones that live in Tennesse, and boas definitely don't!

BTW, I asked earlier for the size of giant bunnies and I was given their weight, but what about height and length?

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
Aeline

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2004, 12:58:25 AM »

I've had a few rabbits too, I think I've had about three. When I was younger I had these two rabbits, one of them died and we're still not too sure why. The other my mom gave away..

On Easter morning I woke up, went out to feed my rabbit, and she was GONE! I found out a couple years back that the 'Easter Bunny' didn't really take her, but mom gave her away to some woman.

I think some of the weirdest pets I've had is a Robin and a Blue Jay. A cat (not mine) killed their mothers... not to give cats a bad name or anything, but I took in the only remaining hatchlings. This was about three or so years ago, when I was in sixth grade, and it wasn't too easy. They both had to be fed every few hours, even through the night.

I've also had horses, but we had to get rid of them when we moved from Kentucky. Sad

Then there's cats, I've had a ton of cats. Not too many dogs, to be honest I prefer cats over dogs, and I've had some birds in my past too.

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2004, 02:35:35 AM »

BTW, I asked earlier for the size of giant bunnies and I was given their weight, but what about height and length?

Yoyostick:

I'm sorry I don't have a scanner so I could give you what I have, I've acc. to the standard of perfection its 4 pages long to much for this poor typer to post.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2004, 09:17:36 PM »

On Easter morning I woke up, went out to feed my rabbit, and she was GONE! I found out a couple years back that the 'Easter Bunny' didn't really take her, but mom gave her away to some woman.
Oh dear!  Grin You'll laugh about that in a few years. Trust me. (The EASTER BUNNY took her?  Huh What an insult to a kid's logic! *sigh*)
I think some of the weirdest pets I've had is a Robin and a Blue Jay. A cat (not mine) killed their mothers... not to give cats a bad name or anything, but I took in the only remaining hatchlings. This was about three or so years ago, when I was in sixth grade, and it wasn't too easy. They both had to be fed every few hours, even through the night.
I've had some wild birds from time to time...they usually don't survive long for me, though.
Wierdest pet I've had so far: African Hissing Cockroach. 4 inches long, with an abdomen filled with air channels that "hiss" when it is disturbed. Loves chocolate and pizza cheese. It also purrs and responds to light stroking. It does not eat birds.  Who needs a cat?  Tongue

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the