Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Internet Radio
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet Radio  (Read 10371 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2004, 07:24:04 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I just wanted to find out if anyone enjoys Internet radio from time to time. It's completely free if you don't mind putting up with some advertising, and that includes the software.

I have about 6 really good Christian stations that I like to listen to in the background while I study the Bible. There is a huge number of Christian stations to choose from for all kinds of tastes in Christian music. I like the old-fashioned Gospel music that is rarely played on regular Christian radio stations.

Winamp appears to be one of the best players, and it's completely free. There's also a pretty good selection of really old and rare radio shows that played in the 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s. Only the older people will even know what I'm talking about (i.e. Lone Ranger, The Shadow, Jack Benny). Everyone complains about dirty programs on television, and I just wanted to let everyone know there are free and completely clean alternatives. My favorites play the old Gospel music.

Love In Christ,
Tom

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 10:00:14 PM »

Brother BEP - what are some of your links (the URL)?

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 11:29:35 PM »

Brother BEP - what are some of your links (the URL)?

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother JudgeNot,

I use Live365 for all of my music. I think that it is the biggest and has the most choices. I have dial-up, so I thought I wouldn't have many choices, but I was wrong. It's:

http://www.live365.com/

They have hundreds of choices for the slow and old dial-up modems and thousands of choices for broadband and cable.

One of my favorites is called All Quartets. I guess my second favorite would be Bluegrass Gospel. All Quartets is beautiful and old Gospel music mainly from the 50s and 60s. I think that some of the Bluegrass Gospel is much older than that. There was a time when large numbers of people worked long days in the fields picking, planting, cultivating, etc. Bluegrass Gospel is some of the music they sang while they worked. At the end of a hard day, they added instruments (i.e. lead guitar, bass guitar, banjo, mandolin, bass fiddle, violin, harmonica, and piano if they were real lucky).   Cheesy  A lot of the instruments were home made. I've heard it both ways, with and without the store-bought instruments.  I like both of them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 12:21:28 AM »

Thanks Brother BEP!  I work in an "inside office" - in other words, I am in an interior office towards the center of the building, with no windows (that's Okay - beats a cubicle!) and as a result I get no radio reception.  The big Christian station in NorCal is KLOVE – they are like 10 million watts but I can’t pick even them up in my office.  

I hear Christian music in my immediate office future…  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 04:12:45 AM »

Brother, you are most welcome. I think that you will enjoy it. There really isn't that many advertisements, and some of the advertisements come by graphics. If you minimize your player, you don't see any of the graphic advertisements. I listened to another one today called Southern Gospel Live, and I think that it was live. It was really fun to listen to.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 07:28:33 AM »

uh...your a  tad slow Tom  Tongue  I posted online radio links in the music thread months ago lol...it`s all I listen too...but i`m going to check out your link too  Smiley

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 10:10:11 AM »

uh...your a  tad slow Tom  Tongue  I posted online radio links in the music thread months ago lol...it`s all I listen too...but i`m going to check out your link too  Smiley

Oklahoma Howdy to Shylynne,

Grin  How in the world did I miss that post? I could have been listening to Internet radio weeks earlier. There is no comparison to the selection and quality. Well, the only thing I know to do is read all of the messages again and see if there is something else I missed.   Cheesy   Huh  OH!, but then I'll get behind on the new messages.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 05:15:47 PM »

I don't have time to listen much to radio music, but I enjoy the old gospel favorites--today's pop Christian or whatever they call it can't compare with the genuine gospel music.  A favorite CD I've found is "Burl Ives Gospel"--about 32 selections of the best.  It's very well done.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 09:14:39 PM »

I don't have time to listen much to radio music, but I enjoy the old gospel favorites--today's pop Christian or whatever they call it can't compare with the genuine gospel music.  A favorite CD I've found is "Burl Ives Gospel"--about 32 selections of the best.  It's very well done.

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

Cheesy  That's the beauty of music. You can do something else and listen to it in the background. I don't remember the name of the album, but my mother has a Gospel album from Burl Ives. It's probably a portion of the CD you are talking about. You're right about Burl Ives. He has a beautiful voice, and his Gospel music is some of the best. Some of the younger people are probably thinking, "Who's Burl Ives?" They mention some of the newer folks, and I don't have a clue.   Grin

Brother, it sounds like both of us would at least have to be in our 20s.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

infotechadviser

He whom the Son sets free, is free indeed!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2004, 11:03:18 AM »

You can hear a lot of the popular Christian radio programs from the Web, as in recorded. For example, I think Point of View and Truths that Transform put their daily programs up for listening.

www.thefamily.org has a lot of free downloadable music, the lyrics are all available too.

www.prophecyclub.com has a lot of radio programs recorded you can listen to that are really interesting.

- Alan
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2004, 05:48:02 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Alan,

First, I don't think that I've had an opportunity to welcome you to Christians Unite. SO, WELCOME!!

Thanks for those links, especially the one with the lyrics. I am trying to collect some lyrics to really old Gospel music, specifically the ones that aren't in most Hymn books.

Love In Christ,
Tom

NoizyChristian

Play it Loud!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 12:30:11 PM »

My Fav internet radio is Radio Y.  They feature both Christian Rock and R+B, Rap on two different players, with no ads.

Ian

One Noizy Car!!!
Christian Music is more than just Church Hymns.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004, 06:17:12 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to NoizyChristian,

First, WELCOME!!!

I'm an old guy, and I really don't know much about rock Christian music. However, I do enjoy bluegrass and country style Christian music. My favorite styles are the old ones, including quartets. I like to enjoy great Christian lyrics, and I have a hard time hearing them in some of the rock styles.   Grin  Maybe I just need a better hearing aid.

My tastes would boil down to being able to hear beautiful and blending voices singing beautiful Christian lyrics. I enjoy the older instruments for the same reason - they blend together with everything else in a way that old guys like me enjoy. As an example, some of my favorite instruments always include the piano, organ, and violin. For the bluegrass, I enjoy banjo, mandolin, fiddle, and other instruments that are typically associated with old style music that people played 50 years ago and more.

Well, I guess that I bored you to death with my bland and old-fashioned tastes. I guess that I'm stuck in the past and I like it.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 07:46:23 PM »

Thankie Tom Grin

I have Live 365 somewhere on my computer, lol.  Now all I have to do is find it, sheez...

Love,

MsGuidedAngel

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2004, 11:52:50 PM »

Thankie Tom Grin

I have Live 365 somewhere on my computer, lol.  Now all I have to do is find it, sheez...

Love,

MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel,

Sister, if you enjoy old fashioned Gospel music, try "All Quartets". If I remember correctly, you have a fast connection, so you will have a huge choice of stations. I have the old and slow dial-up, but I still get a pretty good selection. I really enjoy leaning back and enjoying beautiful Gospel music several times per week.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the