Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:21:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  ABout Me (I'm not new)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ABout Me (I'm not new)  (Read 4013 times)
Izar

Is ther anyone who really cares about anyone else?

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2004, 02:43:02 AM »

Hello, I already posted an introduction, yet, I just now thought of posting stuff about My belifs:

I am Pentocostal, Born Agian. If any one else is, PM me.

Many of my friends are of all denominations. Baptist (i used to be baptist), methodist, lutheran, prespyterian(sp?), and even catholics.

I have a question concerning "Cussing." Almost ALL of my friends (mainly the catholic and prespiterian ones) say that smoking, fonication, and pervertion (you know, stupid nasty people) is not wrong. Most ear Mary around their necks and crosses, and they still do drugs and stuff. My question is, Is cussing and drugs a sin. I think it is. For one thing, Cussing is insulting, drugs are like self mutilation. I know Fornication is a sin along with the perverted stuff.

Another thing, if you plan to marry a girl, and you have sex BEFORE your wedding night or around before, is it considered fornication.

Please, I want people to answer these cuz it has been rattling my brain for the past week. THANKS!

I dip this pen into my heart, write from my soul.
If ink were blood, I'd be still and cold...
Incarcerated in mortality
Until we give up the ghost
Languishing over morality
The flesh we love the most
The soul incased in prison
Encircled within our minds
Izar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 03:03:26 AM »

Nevermind about the cussing part:

Ephesians 4:29 tells it.

I have to tell my catholic frinds.

Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 04:43:16 AM »

Re:ABout Me (I'm not new)

You are new everyday my friend, for He renews us continually.

Be blessed.
Gracy

†† Guided by God ††
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 12:27:06 PM »

I think you already know the answers to your questions, Izar.

If what your friends are doing is not glorifying to God, and you know this in your heart and are offended, you already realize that these folks are doing something wrong. It doesn't mean they aren't Christian - but they aren't acting like someone who seeks daily to follow the Lord.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 03:18:57 PM »

Hello, I already posted an introduction, yet, I just now thought of posting stuff about My belifs:

Many of my friends are of all denominations. Baptist (i used to be baptist), methodist, lutheran, prespyterian(sp?), and even catholics.

I have a question concerning "Cussing." Almost ALL of my friends (mainly the catholic and prespiterian ones) say that smoking, fonication, and pervertion (you know, stupid nasty people) is not wrong. Most ear Mary around their necks and crosses, and they still do drugs and stuff. My question is, Is cussing and drugs a sin. I think it is. For one thing, Cussing is insulting, drugs are like self mutilation. I know Fornication is a sin along with the perverted stuff.

Another thing, if you plan to marry a girl, and you have sex BEFORE your wedding night or around before, is it considered fornication.

Please, I want people to answer these cuz it has been rattling my brain for the past week. THANKS!

What I hear you alluding to is most definitely sinful behavior and your Catholic friends are way out of bounds if they think they can defend that behavior by anything the Church teaches nor by anything thing scripture teaches.

It sounds like they are like WC Fields who when was caugth reading the Bible said he was just looking for loop holes.   Grin

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 04:01:57 PM »

If you are pentacostal then you must know the answers to your questions.

Hi, and welcome again.

:)Ollie

Support your local Christian.
Izar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2004, 06:58:46 PM »

I know the answers, but.. then again I don't

I'm confused kinda. One  more thing. They NEVER act christian. They act... so wrong. I ask them if they are christian and they say "Yeah" and when I ask them stuff like "do you do this ..." they just try to change the subject or say "I don't care. I believe in God and that's final"

It makes me mad...

His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 11:06:19 PM »

I know that the Bible says pre-marital sex is wrong. However, some in this thread seem to think it's ok:

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=3835

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Amartolos
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 04:09:39 AM »

I know that the Bible says pre-marital sex is wrong. However, some in this thread seem to think it's ok:

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=3835

why do u care abt wad others think? they are wrong. u read the bible...it says it's wrong...end of story.

christians who dun act like christians are called Carnal christians. they dun practice what they believe. they do not repent and go on sinning.

Izhar..if u r confused about it.....u dun have to be. Smiley what depends is ur relationship with god and god alone.you have your own stand and you are your own individuality. Wink do not think abt others...they'll have to deal with god and obedience themselves.

and ur question abt....having sex with your soon to become spouse just before marriage ......does anyone have an answer to it? i thought abt it too.  Huh
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 08:35:55 PM »

I know the answers, but.. then again I don't

I'm confused kinda. One  more thing. They NEVER act christian. They act... so wrong. I ask them if they are christian and they say "Yeah" and when I ask them stuff like "do you do this ..." they just try to change the subject or say "I don't care. I believe in God and that's final"

It makes me mad...

Wellll...even the demons believe in God... Lips Sealed
It sounds like you're confronting these folks with their actions; that is the Biblical thing to do. If they refuse to listen, then they are probably refusing to listen to God as well. Keeping your friends in prayer, Izar.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 06:49:22 PM »

I like to remember the saying "don't call yourself a Christian, let others call you a Christian"

If you don't agree w/ your friends, let them know, maybe they just need a nudge in the right direction.
Aside from that, prayer always helps Smiley

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 08:47:36 PM »

you can be on a team , or you can be apart of a team , your friends are on the team, but not part of it. im a christian in a family of 40 praticing catholics none believe in premarital sex or any of the things you mention i think your friend are cofusing catholic and liberal demercrat Grin
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2004, 10:15:09 PM »

Pentocostals Rock!
Welcome!

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the