Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 04:05:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286866 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The communion of the Lord's supper...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The communion of the Lord's supper...  (Read 2763 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 06:44:49 PM »

Jesus says; "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood you will have no life in you." I believe Him. Jesus says; "I am the bread of life. Your forfathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of this world." I believe every single word! Jesus says; "The work of God is this; to believe the one whom He sent." That is all He wants us to do!!!!!! BELIEVE EVERY WORD, which I do. Why do other christians not believe Him? he tells us to eat His flesh and drink His blood. he tells us HE is the bread of life! There is no mysterious meaning here. He means EVERY WORD. It seem that I'm the ONLY one on this forum who believes Him!
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 07:23:15 PM »

It seem that I'm the ONLY one on this forum who believes Him!

Heidi do you realize what you just said? You could`nt sound more puffed up if you inhaled a tank full of helium LOL

A person having a varied interpretation of written or spoken word from yours or mine, is not a reliable indicator of a sincere desire to understand or depth of belief.
I  observe communion and believe in baptism, there`s many that don`t see it the way I do,  so here we`ve got everyone convinced in their own minds they have it right. Convince one another if we may, but personally I think the final Analysisis up to the Author.  If someone believes differently than us , it`s not the thing that should  cause us to question them being a believer at all.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Reba
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 08:41:27 PM »

Jesus says; "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood you will have no life in you." I believe Him. Jesus says; "I am the bread of life. Your forfathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of this world." I believe every single word! Jesus says; "The work of God is this; to believe the one whom He sent." That is all He wants us to do!!!!!! BELIEVE EVERY WORD, which I do. Why do other christians not believe Him? he tells us to eat His flesh and drink His blood. he tells us HE is the bread of life! There is no mysterious meaning here. He means EVERY WORD. It seem that I'm the ONLY one on this forum who believes Him!

So you believe every word,  as you stated HE means every word... do you also obey everyword?

Matt 5:37

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
KJV

His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 09:17:36 PM »

It seem that I'm the ONLY one on this forum who believes Him!

Heidi do you realize what you just said? You could`nt sound more puffed up if you inhaled a tank full of helium LOL

A person having a varied interpretation of written or spoken word from yours or mine, is not a reliable indicator of a sincere desire to understand or depth of belief.
I  observe communion and believe in baptism, there`s many that don`t see it the way I do,  so here we`ve got everyone convinced in their own minds they have it right. Convince one another if we may, but personally I think the final Analysisis up to the Author.  If someone believes differently than us , it`s not the thing that should  cause us to question them being a believer at all.

AMEN!!!!

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2004, 10:27:38 PM »

Jesus said; "The work of God is this; to believe in the one He sent." I very definitely believe in the one He sent! Obedience comes from the spirit, not myself. All I have to do is believe Him, which is what I just quoted. But people don't believe that quote of His. They say, "Oh no, you have to do more than that". I have quoted Jesus many, many, many times on this forum and people have argued with His words just as much. Instead of BELIEVING HIS words, they're trying to understand them. Understanding comes from belief, not the other way around. Instead of asking, "What does Jesus mean?" if people would simply BELIEVE Him, then there would be no disunity among believers. But they don't. They argue with Him. I know there are some who do believe every word, but the ones I've encountered do not. Notice that i did NOT interpret His quote about the work of God. I merely stated it as i did when he said; "Do not call anyone on earth 'father.'" The minute i quoted HIS words, people began arguing against them. If they BELIEVED them first, then understanding will follow. But they don't.
Reba
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2004, 10:40:44 PM »

Heidi do you believe HIS words from Matt 5:37?

Matt 5:37

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
KJV

A direct quote of Christ. "But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay....."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 10:42:51 PM by Reba » Logged
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2004, 11:01:34 PM »

Of course! he's talking about just our word being enough instead of saying;"I promise I'll do this" or I swear I'm telling the truth." A simple yes, I'm telling the truth is enough.
Reba
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2004, 11:11:50 PM »

O is that what HE means? Thank you for your interpretation.. I just quoted HIS words....You are just like the rest of us Heidi....
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2004, 11:38:12 PM »

Actually I took the words that he said before he said, "let your yes be yes and your no be no."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the