Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:02:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Seventh Day Adventists
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Are Seventh Day Adventists (SDAs) Christians or a cult?
Christian - 15 (48.4%)
Cult - 13 (41.9%)
undecided - 3 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seventh Day Adventists  (Read 14884 times)
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2004, 09:19:10 AM »

Do you think God would give us a law which is impossible to keep?

I'm not answering for Reba (I'm not wise enough), but if God's Old Testament laws were possible to keep, then Jesus Christ died for nothing.

Christ died because Israel did not understand that God wants mercy not sacrifice and they were trying to keep the letter of the law to merit salvation - that is what is impossible to do.  but Jesus and Paul taught us that love fulfills all the law (the spirit of the law).

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
Reba
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2004, 12:46:43 PM »

I'm not answering for Reba (I'm not wise enough), but if God's Old Testament laws were possible to keep, then Jesus Christ died for nothing.

Christ died because Israel did not understand that God wants mercy not sacrifice and they were trying to keep the letter of the law to merit salvation - that is what is impossible to do.  but Jesus and Paul taught us that love fulfills all the law (the spirit of the law).

Christ died because it was God's plan His plan from the foundation of the world. Man does not set God's plan God does.

Gen 3:14-15

14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
KJV

John 13:18

18 I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.
KJV

Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
KJV
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2004, 02:21:06 PM »

Christ died because it was God's plan His plan from the foundation of the world. Man does not set God's plan God does.

It was God's plan because He foreknew that the Israelites would not understand the true intent of the law.

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
Reba
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2004, 06:00:32 PM »

It was God's plan because He foreknew that the Israelites would not understand the true intent of the law.

Michael then how come He died for them, you and me?

Rev 17:8

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
KJV

When were the names written in the Book of Life?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2004, 05:52:53 AM »

C-U-L-T

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
alien

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2004, 01:58:16 PM »

I didn't have time to read everything that went on here, but it was enough to make me want to put my 2 cents worth in.  

I'm about as far from SDA as can be--BUT--the SDAs I know are simply people who want to follow God, and they see what they do as the best way of achieving that.  One of my best friends is a SDA.  If it wasn't for her, there wouldn't be another Christian in my class at school.

I say that she is a Christian because she believes that Jesus Christ was fully God and fully man, that he was born of a virgin, that he died to save the world from their sins, and that he rose again to life and in doing so killed death.  

Other than that, yes, I think she is sometimes a little legalistic...but I think we should remember St. Paul's words in Romans 14:  "One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables...Who are you to judge someone else's servant?   To his own master he stands or falls.  And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand."

we're takin' over the world/we're an alien youth ~Skillet
djconklin

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2006, 03:52:37 PM »

>The use of  electricity causes labour.

The electricity is there whether or not you actually use it.

I would think that God would require us to use common sense in deciding what constitutes work and what does not.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2006, 11:49:22 PM »

>The use of  electricity causes labour.

The electricity is there whether or not you actually use it.

I would think that God would require us to use common sense in deciding what constitutes work and what does not.

The work would be in flipping that switch!  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the