Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:27:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  many will think im a bad dad , but......
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: many will think im a bad dad , but......  (Read 2324 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2004, 11:25:39 AM »

im on my way out to a catholic church and my girls emily and rebecca are makeing thier first holy communion.

boy do they look beautiful Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 01:47:56 PM »

Grin  I don't think you're a bad dad.   Grin  I don't care what anybody says, you can go to a Catholic Church and worship and God comes because people's hearts are pure, not because the doctrine is pure.  What gets me is that there's folks out there that think God is more concerned about your doctrine than your heart.   Tongue  Still, I have found out that the LEGALIST folks are being legalists because its the only way they can justify not having to love their neighbor.  If you don't want to love your neighbor, all you have to do is nitpick their beliefs these days.   Grin  If it was up to me, I would point out to your daughters that the whole idea of worship is to feel the presence of the Lord.  And then remind them that no one is perfect, not even the Pope.  And I think that will cover it.   Cool

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 06:17:03 PM »

im on my way out to a catholic church and my girls emily and rebecca are makeing thier first holy communion.

boy do they look beautiful Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
How precious!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 08:44:09 PM »

Grin  I don't think you're a bad dad.   Grin  I don't care what anybody says, you can go to a Catholic Church and worship and God comes because people's hearts are pure, not because the doctrine is pure.  What gets me is that there's folks out there that think God is more concerned about your doctrine than your heart.   Tongue  Still, I have found out that the LEGALIST folks are being legalists because its the only way they can justify not having to love their neighbor.  If you don't want to love your neighbor, all you have to do is nitpick their beliefs these days.   Grin  If it was up to me, I would point out to your daughters that the whole idea of worship is to feel the presence of the Lord.  And then remind them that no one is perfect, not even the Pope.  And I think that will cover it.   Cool
very good Candice Cavalier , i think the reason i didnt get freaked out with all the catholic preist problems living in boston is i never did put any faith in the preist or the church and ive tought my children ( and my class) not to put faith into man, but god. you are so right.but i do wish the catholic church would spend more effort on bible study.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 08:18:08 AM »

I don't think you're a bad dad.    I don't care what anybody says, you can go to a Catholic Church and worship and God comes because people's hearts are pure, not because the doctrine is pure.  What gets me is that there's folks out there that think God is more concerned about your doctrine than your heart.    Still, I have found out that the LEGALIST folks are being legalists because its the only way they can justify not having to love their neighbor.  If you don't want to love your neighbor, all you have to do is nitpick their beliefs these days.    If it was up to me, I would point out to your daughters that the whole idea of worship is to feel the presence of the Lord.  And then remind them that no one is perfect, not even the Pope.  And I think that will cover it.  

Now who's being legalistic?   Roll Eyes

Huh

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 08:59:33 AM »

I don't think you're a bad dad.    I don't care what anybody says, you can go to a Catholic Church and worship and God comes because people's hearts are pure, not because the doctrine is pure.  What gets me is that there's folks out there that think God is more concerned about your doctrine than your heart.    Still, I have found out that the LEGALIST folks are being legalists because its the only way they can justify not having to love their neighbor.  If you don't want to love your neighbor, all you have to do is nitpick their beliefs these days.    If it was up to me, I would point out to your daughters that the whole idea of worship is to feel the presence of the Lord.  And then remind them that no one is perfect, not even the Pope.  And I think that will cover it.  

Huh

:)True Smiley

P.S.   Posted on: May 02, 2004, 11:25:39 AM  

How did they do?

Does this now make them right with God?
Are they now Christians?
Have they been Baptised?

I have 3 sons, none of them have been baptised, they all believe Christ died "FOR" their Sins, will they go to heaven, without "HOLY communion" or not being baptised?

Am I A Bad Dad?Huh??

Have A Nice Day Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 09:01:11 AM by Brother Love » Logged

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 07:17:03 PM »

Huh

:)True Smiley

P.S.   Posted on: May 02, 2004, 11:25:39 AM  

How did they do?

Does this now make them right with God?
Are they now Christians?
Have they been Baptised?

I have 3 sons, none of them have been baptised, they all believe Christ died "FOR" their Sins, will they go to heaven, without "HOLY communion" or not being baptised?

Am I A Bad Dad?Huh??

Have A Nice Day Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
they did good.
well for some reason didnt think you had children wow!
now as far as not having them baptized is fine.
im sure they will do it when thier ready.and thats cool.

i dont beleave the act of recieving first holy communion makes a person right with god or not having it.but bringing your children up in god is. and you hope by exposeing them to god the bible and strong morals that they will live in christ. but if you just let them be and chose what they want when they become  adults they will have no foundation . so aslong as you give them a foundation in the bible i think your giving them a good chance to live in god.
i tell my children all the time that they are christians and they know that when they get older that some beleave in getting baptized in christ then and that would be realy cool if they do.
even though i did have them baptized as babys.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the