Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  End Time Prophecy Revealed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: End Time Prophecy Revealed  (Read 11643 times)
sojourner

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »

I have a couple serious questions:

When was the book of Revelation written?

To whom was it written specifically?

What is the principal subject of the Book?

Reba
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2004, 09:49:51 PM »

A view point  a bit different then most here.

About 66 AD

The christians at that time/ and to show HIS power/ like the OT stories do

The distruction of Judism and Jerusalem the pentility for the  murder of Jesus .  fullilment of HIS words  in Matt

Reba will go into hiding    Wink
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 09:51:31 PM by Reba » Logged
sojourner

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 12:25:42 AM »

Reba,

When I read some of the stuff on these types of topics I have a hard time deciphering if I am reading an account of the Bible or a current newspaper.
Most of what is said, has no bearing whatsoever for the Christians to whom is was directly written.

The date is not really an issue. It was written to the early Christians who were under severe persecutions. The Book is solely a gospel of hope. John is conveying a message of hope when it seems like God has left them.  John paints a picture of Hope that Christ will succeed. That they, though they may lose their physical lives, will be with Christ. That there will always be persecutions, trials, and tribulations until the end. That same hope happens to be appropriate for us as well.

Revelation is a segmented book showing progressive intensity of the war between Christ and the Devil. The third party is Christ as present in His Church here on earth.

It is written in a well-known literary form of that day, an apocalypse. The first several chapters deals with real physical churches who receive the same message as the Israelites did in the OT, promise, hope and admonition.

The second set deals with a transition from the real world, to the spiritual realm. Again it is promise, hope and admonition.

The last section deals entirely with the Spiritual. Yet, again, promise, hope and admonition. Christ will prevail but we need to overcome and stay the course as well to share in the promise.

This modern day theory was developed barely 200 years ago. Yet its originator would not recognize most of it because of its many mutations. Since all heresies come from scripture and the modern marriage of millennialism and dispensationalism will likely go down as one of the dominant heresies of the 20th century.

Reba
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2004, 12:29:35 AM »

I think we agree sorta.
sojourner

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2004, 07:01:11 PM »

Reba,

Only sorta, eh.
What part sorta?
Reba
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2004, 07:28:41 PM »

I have posted in forums long enough to know you get in 'trouble' for agreeing 100%  Grin

I believe the date is an issue because i see the 'war' as the ending of Judism,  the distruction of the temple as the 'sign' of the end of that age. The generation whos 'hands' ,as apposed to hearts like ours, bloodied with the blood of Jesus.

Matt 23:35-39

Yes i agree it is of hope and promise.

This modern day theory was developed barely 200 years ago. Yet its originator would not recognize most of it because of its many mutations. Since all heresies come from scripture and the modern marriage of millennialism and dispensationalism will likely go down as one of the dominant heresies of the 20th century.

YUPPERS
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2004, 06:16:06 PM »

"What is the principal subject of the Book?"

Revelation 1:1.  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Victory in/through Christ Jesus.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 06:27:00 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
sojourner

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2004, 07:14:22 PM »

Ollie,

Excellent answer, Ollie,
Reba
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2004, 12:39:21 AM »

AMEN!
Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 03:22:41 PM »

When was the book of Revelation written?  It is thought that the book may have been written anytime from 54 A.D. to 96 A.D.
To whom was it written specifically? Rev 1:1-The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his SERVANTS what must soon take place.  It was written for the 7 churches/christians of all time.  
What is the principal subject of the Book? Things that must soon come to pass.  

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 03:59:39 PM »

Sojourner...

Yet its originator would not recognize most of it because of its many mutations.

This type of accusation has been leveled at the scriptures for ages, yet no one can point out a specific "mutation"

The scriptures have been studied and compared with all of the known translations of which there are over 20,000. With the relatively recent discovery of the dead sea scrolls, we can be certain that our Bible is more precise and accurate than any other book of antiquity. The Biblical scholars who have spent years studying this, have stated unequivocally that the New Testament is 98.9 percent accurate in content and context, and in line with the oldest known text which date from the very birth of Christianity. The only minor exceptions are in translations from one language into another where there is no translation for a specific word. However, these rare instances do not in any measure, alter any fundamental doctrinal teachings.

The bible is given to us through God's omniscient will and power. we couldn't change it if we wanted to. Unless you believe God's will can be defeated.
Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2004, 04:49:56 PM »

Yes! What Bronzesnake said. Grin  Well put!

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
sojourner

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2004, 08:00:47 PM »

Bronzesnake,

The scriptures have been studied and compared with all of the known translations of which there are over 20,000. With the relatively recent discovery of the dead sea scrolls, we can be certain that our Bible is more precise and accurate than any other book of antiquity. The Biblical scholars who have spent years studying this, have stated unequivocally that the New Testament is 98.9 percent accurate in content and context, and in line with the oldest known text which date from the very birth of Christianity. The only minor exceptions are in translations from one language into another where there is no translation for a specific word. However, these rare instances do not in any measure, alter any fundamental doctrinal teachings.
I guess I was a bit imprecise.

I was not speaking of the Bible per se. That is the Book. What I am speaking about is the almost 40,000 different beliefs that all use the Bible for their particular tradition or system.
In regard to this specific post, there have been innumerable amount of different theories of the end times.  All these man-made opinions and theories, they mutate as fast as minutes transpire on the clock.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2004, 08:04:57 PM »

Bronzesnake,

I guess I was a bit imprecise.

I was not speaking of the Bible per se. That is the Book. What I am speaking about is the almost 40,000 different beliefs that all use the Bible for their particular tradition or system.
In regard to this specific post, there have been innumerable amount of different theories of the end times.  All these man-made opinions and theories, they mutate as fast as minutes transpire on the clock.

Yes, that I do agree with, however, there is one single truth to be found in those pages, and that's why we must take God literally. No philosophic translations, no spiritualizing.
Reba
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2004, 09:17:16 PM »

Yes, that I do agree with, however, there is one single truth to be found in those pages, and that's why we must take God literally. No philosophic translations, no spiritualizing.

None huh? interesting

1 Cor 15:46

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
KJV
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the