Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:28:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why do we fight amongst ourselves.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do we fight amongst ourselves.  (Read 1407 times)
I_Believe

http://www.bushcartoons.org/images/jesus_2.jpg

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2004, 04:18:05 AM »

Why is it that we fight amongst ourselves. Are we not all Christians, dont we all believe in Jesus Christ, Dont we all believe that he died on the cross for ALL OF OUR SINS.
I dont pretend to know the BIBLE, I believe that no man can truly know the BIBLE. But yet you have people fighting over each other to prove that their interpretation of the HOLY WORD is right and that the others is wrong. ARE WE not all being BLINDSIDED by all this fighting and bickering. ARE WE NOT ALL MISSING THE PIONT. To LOVE one another, To worship GOD. TO help each other, To not JUDGE one another. What is going on if christians are constantly fighting and bickering that they are totally missing the word of GOD and Not hearing him speak to us all. So my message is Stop putting the different denominations down, and start loving JESUS together as it should be, as it must be.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 04:49:34 AM »

Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 08:56:07 AM »

Good message. However, I care when there are false teachers who are misleading people. This does not call for hatred and dislike for them, only forgiveness. But, just as when Jesus threw over the tables in the temple, are we not supposed to stand up for His words?
I_Believe

http://www.bushcartoons.org/images/jesus_2.jpg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 09:03:06 AM »

Yes I agree that we must stand up for GOD's word, But while we are fighting each other (ALL OF US CHRISTIANS), We are missing GOD's word, and we are missing the oppurttunity to spread the Word and Name of the LORD to those who need it. Is it us who must judge these False teachers, or should we pray for them and let GOD judge them. Smiley
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 10:21:05 AM »

We are instructed to "Earnestly contend for the faith." THE FAITH in this instance is primarily the gospel of the grace of God for salvation. Eternity could hang in the balance if the message is not properly prsented. What is rampant in the Church is LEGALISM and it stsands in direct opposition to GRACE. Paul withstood Peter to his face over such a matter and remarked that the Judaizers (Legalists) in Galatia, who were requiring circumcision for salvation, should go ahead and finish the job and MUTILATE themselves. That's pretty strong language. Our Lord did not mince words either when He dealt with the Pharisees of His day- nearly 1/3 of His ministry was spent in rebuking these LEGALISTS.

aw
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 11:45:36 AM »

i believe,

Paul said;

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock."

In our midst today, there are many different false teachings
propogated and advanced by people calling thmeselves christrians, and clearly by their teachings, they reveal who they really are.

You said;

I dont pretend to know the BIBLE, I believe that no man can truly know the BIBLE.

And there is where your problem lies...

If you do not know the bible??........... how can you discern what teaching is of God and which isn't.

Yet,  If you were asked;  Are you a Christrians?  No doubt your answer would be.................yes I am..

Your statement above, shows you do not believe one, can know the truth as it is written, how then can you believe what Jesus said;

But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.  (Mki 13:23)

And then;

Take heed that no man deceive you. Mat 24:4, Mk 13:5)

If you cannot know the Bible, then you are saying one cannot know anything, concerning the things which are freely given to us Christians by God.

Yet the Word of God assures those who believe GOD, they can know with certainty all things

John at;

1 Jhn 2
15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
18  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
20  But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
21  I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

Only by giving out the truth of Gods Word, can we know who
the liars are,  liars hate the truth.

If Mat 7:21 is true, then we need to be careful not to give heed to those amongst us, who call us brother brother..and yet teach contrary to what is written.

Jesus said to them;

Jhn 8
38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with you father.  
39  They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42  Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

You see how they argued with Jesus??

Now I trust you understand, why it is, those who believe Gods Words, should stand up to those who not only do not, know Gods Word yet try and teach it, but think they do...

Petro
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 11:51:26 AM by Petro » Logged

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 08:56:57 AM »

Good replies. I especially agree with Aw when he talks about the legalism in the church. In my opinion, it definitely leads people away from Christ and into works. Though it is up to God to save those who were chosen from the beginning, He does it through His true believers. Therefore, i believe it is essential to pass on His message.
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 11:41:38 PM »

We fight amoungst ourselves because some if us are right and we want to make sure everyone knows it! just kidding!  Tongue

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 08:34:46 PM »

I get so tired of fighting sometimes.  Currently, my neighbor wont speak to me and he's made up a bunch of labels for me like he makes up labels for anyone that he doesn't like.  And since I am now labeled, I am no longer his neighobr and he stands in the hall way and says that he refuses to associate  with types like me.  It all started--Well, because I ignored my Lord, --You know sometimes My Lord warns me in advance about not spending too much time with this one or that one.  However, my neighbor had me over for coffee because he noticed my Jesus fish on my truck and he wanted to warn me about NOT spending time with "reprobates."  The thing is that I have a neighbor who attempts suicide pretty often.  His hope light just goes out all the time  and he gives up.  And he spends all day drinking and has an anger management problem.  Besides those little problems, he's not so bad.  Of course, he's not the most wonderful company, but as long as he has someone visiting he doesn't give up hope and attempt suicide.  The local police have given him permission to call them any time he needs help.  Anyway, long story short, it's not been easy, but I've been visiting with him when I have extra time.  He IS my neighbor.  The other problem is the quality of people that visit him are the kind that anyone with any ounce of legalism in their blood would shun.  But I have to admire them because at least they come and visit, okay.  And I've been trying to convince my other neighbor, the one that tells me that I shouldn't associate with reprobates, that being a Christian is not easy.  If we do volunteer work in big groups once or twice a year and expect people to accept the gospel, then we shouldn't be shocked when folks pretend the accept the gospel--because a lot of folks pretend to live the gospel.  I'm trying to live out the  gospel, not just pretend.  Not that any of this matters.  But at least among Christians, we COULD stop debating the doctrines long enough to live out Christ's love.  But if at issue is what exactly living out Christ's love entails, then how can we support each other in carrying the cross?  It's really not easy to carry the cross.  It's not easy turning the other cheeck.  And it makes it harder when we have to have people that call themselves Christians, be fairwhether Christians, or Sunday Christians, and tell us that we should not associate with this person or that person when clearly they could use a helping hand.  And it upsets me even more when folks start labeling each other so they wont have to accept that they're their neighbor.  I've found the easiest way out of the "love your neighbor" command is to make stipulations on who exactly your neighbor is.  I don't want to fight.  I want support.  Although, I love debating the issues, there is a wounded world out there and there's lots of work to do.  It's not going to happen if we don't live out His love.  If all we have is words and doctrines, then no wonder the world thinks Christianity is not relevant today.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 08:37:41 PM by Candice Cavalier » Logged

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 10:10:24 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Candice Cavalier,

There were some excellent and thought provoking points in your post. I'm absolutely certain that God calls HIS children many times to do something that might not be very pleasant or even safe. Some Christians yield to God's call and obey, and others ignore the call. God many times calls entire families into harm's way for a lifetime of service, and some of them will die, suffer injury, be exposed to almost constant danger, and suffer persecution to answer God's call.

There is much of God's work to be done that isn't pretty or sanitized. The Christian may have to get dirty and deal with some really rude, crude, and ugly people. I am convinced that God will equip and prepare those who answer HIS call. We sometimes forget that we were all rude, crude, ugly, and lost people once.

There is Love In Jesus,
Tom

BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 10:24:24 PM »

We fight amoungst ourselves because some if us are right and we want to make sure everyone knows it! just kidding!  Tongue

justme when you said because some if us are right, you meant me , right? Grin Grin Grin Grin
Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2004, 12:17:43 PM »

As long as we beware the leaven of the Pharisees and not let argument prevail over love and mercy and justice, okay. Love covers a multitude of sins, and sometimes it is small things that seperate brothers and sisters. When we get to heaven, I'll bet there will be so many surprises of people being there that we may have thought at one time or another as not real Christians. So many times I notice graceless behaviour within the body and without, when we have received grace abounding in our own lives.
We all know the story of the Pharisees and their "straining of knats while swallowing camels", and that Jesus called them vipers and dead inside while appearing as white-washed on the outside. Appearances deceive and only the Lord sees the heart. We are to believe the best of those that may have slight error in law, but the right spirit shown by the fruit in their lives and extend to them the love and mercy we are supposed to have even for enemies.  

Hosea 11:10  They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2004, 02:44:37 PM »

justme when you said because some if us are right, you meant me , right? Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yup!
Anytime you agree with me, you're right!  Cheesy Grin

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the