Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:01:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  what denomination are you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what denomination are you?  (Read 34271 times)
scotty

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2008, 10:38:02 AM »

I am Apostolic in doctrine and Pentecost in experience......a brother of all and a judge of none

Ask what I believe, please don't stereotype or assume as most do.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2008, 10:55:12 AM »

I am Apostolic in doctrine and Pentecost in experience......a brother of all and a judge of none

I have noticed that you have made this statement twice now. Would you care to elaborate on this?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
scotty

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2008, 12:21:56 PM »

[size=10pt]Well in the Newbie thread where you post about yourself, I figured it relevant.   Here I just simply answered the question.[/size]
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2008, 02:45:50 PM »

Ask what I believe, please don't stereotype or assume as most do.

Hello Scotty,

Stereotyping and assumptions are logical and natural when someone tries to make an issue out of things like this. Attaching "don't" to the issue becomes an invitation to "do". Very few of us here pay any attention to tags, labels, denominations, and traditions of men. Instead, we have the Holy Bible, and our fellowship is in CHRIST. Our primary purpose here is the distribution of the GOOD NEWS - THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD. We don't work for any man-made brick and mortar churches, rather for the ONE CHURCH not made with human hands - THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. CHRIST Himself is the HEAD. Every member must be Born Again before they can enter, so there are NO pew warmers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

scotty

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2008, 07:21:50 PM »

Hello Scotty,

Stereotyping and assumptions are logical and natural when someone tries to make an issue out of things like this. Attaching "don't" to the issue becomes an invitation to "do". I know, sad it is.  Very few of us here pay any attention to tags, labels, denominations, and traditions of men. Instead, we have the Holy Bible, and our fellowship is in CHRIST. Our primary purpose here is the distribution of the GOOD NEWS - THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD. We don't work for any man-made brick and mortar churches, rather for the ONE CHURCH not made with human hands - THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. CHRIST Himself is the HEAD. Every member must be Born Again before they can enter, so there are NO pew warmers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thats wonderful, to follow the Word of God has always been my desire, I am glad that desire is shared here.  I guess this was a "set up" question.  After all why ask if it is irrelevant.  Thanks again for the welcome.

God bless
Chris
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:24:38 PM by scotty » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2008, 10:59:33 PM »

Thats wonderful, to follow the Word of God has always been my desire, I am glad that desire is shared here.  I guess this was a "set up" question.  After all why ask if it is irrelevant.  Thanks again for the welcome.

God bless
Chris

Hello Scotty,

It wasn't one of our regulars who started this thread. If I remember correctly, the person who started this thread was the return of a previously banned user who got banned again. Typically, a question like this is an invitation to argue. Some like to argue and some don't. This one is almost like asking "what division are you?"

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2008, 11:56:57 PM »

"what division are you?"

I'm in the Northwest Division...unless you're in my head then there is actually no telling what division you're in or what division I'm in at any given time that you might be in one of my divisions.  Sometimes you might be in the same division as me, myself and I, in which case you'd be in a very crowded division which might cause an urgent urge to divide again and move into a different division.  Of course this all debateable.

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2008, 12:12:01 AM »

I'm in the Northwest Division...unless you're in my head then there is actually no telling what division you're in or what division I'm in at any given time that you might be in one of my divisions.  Sometimes you might be in the same division as me, myself and I, in which case you'd be in a very crowded division which might cause an urgent urge to divide again and move into a different division.  Of course this all debateable.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2008, 12:24:49 AM »

lol ...  then there are those that are in all the divisions all at the same time. It think it is one of those 57 states that Obama mentioned ...  The State of Confusion.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2008, 12:27:03 AM »

The State of Confusion.

I think I've been there! 

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2008, 12:33:07 AM »

All I can say is it sure sounds like a lot of divisions goin' on in your division - AND dividin' as we speak - BOTH in your division and in your head. The way I hear it, folks don't know how to multiply in your division of the division of the division of the division - SO, many of the groups are gettin' down to one.   Grin  OK - Now it's time to sing, and let's see how many appreciate it -  ONE is the loneliest number . . . . . . . . . . I understand that everyone knows this old song.     Tongue    Grin    Cool    Shocked   What's left for us to do except all start our own division.

Grin   Do I understand what was said above?

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2008, 12:43:15 AM »

OK - Now it's time to sing, and let's see how many appreciate it -  ONE is the loneliest number . . . . . . . . .

Grin   Do I understand what was said above?

You had me hanging on every word! 

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2008, 12:50:46 AM »

You had me hanging on every word! 

No need to get that desperate over it.  Cheesy

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2008, 01:19:33 AM »

Ya'll hav'ta remember that I live in Judge Roy Bean Territory. We clear out when we see ROPES. They literally DID hang on every word.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2008, 01:28:18 AM »

Ahh ... Judge Roy Bean, the liberals friend.   Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the