Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:45:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  what denomination are you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what denomination are you?  (Read 34336 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2007, 08:36:48 PM »

Hi MissInnocent,

Welcome to Christians Unite forums.

That is an excellent attitude to take as denominations are nothing more than tags and labels made by man. Denominational doctrines are nothing more than the teachings of men. It is the doctrines in the word of God that should be all that matters.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts and having some great fellowship in Christ with you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
carlotta

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2007, 08:36:07 PM »

Hi everybody!   I wholeheartedly agree that there is one body, the body of believers, but that doesn't explain why there are still so many different denominations.  There are dozens of different denominations just in the small suburb I live in; it must be very confusing to non-Christians. Also, it worries me that church after church seems to be caving in to the greater society and allowing women pastors, which I think is unBiblical.  And the government has been meddling in religious issues in the name of 'equality issues', and it may not be long before churches are ordered to hire women pastors.  Then I will have to look for a denomination that stands firm, despite the cost.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2007, 12:01:05 AM »

There are many different denominations due to mankind insisting on making their own doctrines instead of teaching and holding to the doctrines of God. It is that simple. Yes, the condition of many of our churches today is quite sad and as God has told us things will become much worse, not just in the churches but in the world as a whole. This is the meaning behind the words "for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first" and "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears".

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2007, 03:14:34 PM »

There are many different denominations due to mankind insisting on making their own doctrines instead of teaching and holding to the doctrines of God. It is that simple. Yes, the condition of many of our churches today is quite sad and as God has told us things will become much worse, not just in the churches but in the world as a whole. This is the meaning behind the words "for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first" and "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears".

I am only a Bible believer (KJV_NKJ_NASV)word by word.all of it.(no add and no taking out)
Pastor Roger what denomination does that make me.?

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2007, 03:32:51 PM »

I am only a Bible believer (KJV_NKJ_NASV)word by word.all of it.(no add and no taking out)

Not a denomination.

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2007, 10:34:47 AM »

That makes you my SISTER IN CHRIST Def!!!!  God Bless... Love you!

Def

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2007, 02:16:09 PM »

That makes you my SISTER IN CHRIST Def!!!!  God Bless... Love you!
OOHHH THANK YOU MY SISTER TINA
God bless you in Christ Jesus
You know Tina Jesus is coming soon and this time it will not be as a baby He went to the cross He is Big now full of glory.Watch out for Him
Well I know you wont miss Him you are a wise virgin.
Love in Jesus  SISTER TINA
MERRY CHRISTMAS
LOVE YOU!!!!

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
StrikeToWin

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2008, 01:26:35 PM »

Actually I grew up Southern Baptist and my leanings still are towards those doctrines and teachings.  As I have gotten older and started questioning things like why I believe the way I believe or what I truly think a particular verse or passage means, I have joined a church that is non-denominational.  I still find myself cringing when I see people raising their hands in praise or when the arrangement for old hymns are changed to a more contemporary style but I am working on that.  I have never believed that my beliefs on doctrine were necessarily the only way to worship, it was just the way I chose to worship.  I guess you could say that I am still pretty conservative in the way I choose to worship, but I would never tell anyone that they are wrong in the way worship unless of course it is obviously not Biblical.  I figure it is not my place to judge one way or the other.
Def

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2008, 01:44:08 PM »

Actually I grew up Southern Baptist and my leanings still are towards those doctrines and teachings.  As I have gotten older and started questioning things like why I believe the way I believe or what I truly think a particular verse or passage means, I have joined a church that is non-denominational.  I still find myself cringing when I see people raising their hands in praise or when the arrangement for old hymns are changed to a more contemporary style but I am working on that.  I have never believed that my beliefs on doctrine were necessarily the only way to worship, it was just the way I chose to worship.  I guess you could say that I am still pretty conservative in the way I choose to worship, but I would never tell anyone that they are wrong in the way worship unless of course it is obviously not Biblical.  I figure it is not my place to judge one way or the other.

Hello StrikeToWin
Well i close the door of my room (in my spirit  or my house)
I prostrate at the foot of the cross in the Glorified Christ and hide myself in God and let the Holy spirit speak for me..
Glory Glory to the Son Of the Living God.
To God be all the glory.
for God so loved the world(John 3:16 GLORY.
Glory for the Cross thank you Jesus Christ for what you done for me.
It is finish.
 Come Lord Jesus come.  Amen
Love in Jesus Def

curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2008, 11:41:39 PM »

I don't think Denominations matter,they've been a tool to separate the Christians into groups & divide them.Some Christians have not liked other Christians JUST because they are a different Denominate. Denominations are a trick of the Devil(my opinion of course) To divide & conqeur.

Yours in Yeshua,
                           Curious
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2008, 07:52:18 PM »

I am with the body of Christ , but consider my self an dispensationalist, Acts 9, per-mil , per-tri and  align myself with people like C R Stam.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2008, 09:41:43 PM »

I am with the body of Christ , but consider my self an dispensationalist, Acts 9, per-mil , per-tri and  align myself with people like C R Stam.

Hello Dan P,

We have quite a bit of material from Pastor Stam on the forum. He's a strong man of GOD, and I agree with the vast majority of what he teaches. The critical issues of today are Salvation issues. This is mainly because there are great hosts of people who are lost. Differences on the timing or sequence of the RAPTURE don't mean anything to the lost. My personal belief is that the RAPTURE could be at any moment, and it will happen before the Tribulation Period. However, this is not a basis or bar of fellowship. In other words, MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST will be spending eternity together, regardless of when the RAPTURE happens. There will also be many other differences of non-Salvation issues that will be left behind when we go HOME. One large groups of things that will be left behind is man's denominations, tags, and labels. In the end, it will boil down to something extremely simple:  we either do or we don't BELONG TO CHRIST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

dan p

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2008, 07:55:05 PM »

Most would call me a ulta-dispensationist, but I refer to myself a Pauline dispensationist per 1 Tim 1;4 WHICH SAYS  ; last part of v4 reads ; rather than godly edifying , whiich is in faith.  The word edifying is not in the Greek text and should read ; neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies which minister questions , rather than Gods dispensation which is in faith. We should examine to see if we are in the faith, so to be Pauline we should be dispensatioists, this does.'t mean that you are not saved if you are not dispensational.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2008, 10:14:29 PM »

Hello Dan P,

I prefer to avoid man's labels and tags and just say that I'm a sinner saved by God's Grace through faith in JESUS CHRIST. The backbone of the GOOD NEWS for Salvation was revealed by GOD to the Apostle Paul, and I give thanks for that. The REAL and LIVING substance of that GOOD NEWS is JESUS CHRIST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 06:42:07 AM »

I responded to a similar comment in another thread on this same verse. The original Greek word, oikonomia, can be translated to mean dispensation in English however if we look at the context of this verse another translation that is more correct is the word edifying, which means to "build up" which is "also another meaning of the Greek word oikonomia. This is the reason for the first part of this verse "Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies". We can also see this in the verses prior and following this one that this is exactly what is meant here. We must be careful in how we use the Greek language to attempt to bring out different doctrines.

1Ti 1:4  Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Hello Dan P,

I prefer to avoid man's labels and tags and just say that I'm a sinner saved by God's Grace through faith in JESUS CHRIST. The backbone of the GOOD NEWS for Salvation was revealed by GOD to the Apostle Paul, and I give thanks for that. The REAL and LIVING substance of that GOOD NEWS is JESUS CHRIST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the