Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:55:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Pre-trib Rapture
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Is the pre-trib rapture truth or fiction?
Yes - I Can prove it - 4 (30.8%)
Yes - That's what I've been taught. - 1 (7.7%)
Don't Know, still searching - 2 (15.4%)
No - I Can prove it by Scripture - 6 (46.2%)
No - Tribulation ≠ Wrath - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre-trib Rapture  (Read 3633 times)
InHimITrust

Jesus is Lord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2004, 11:19:19 AM »

How the heck do you know whether Christ was witnessed as coming with all of His saints in the clouds. Paul was warning his followers the end was soon and their redemtion draws near. He wasn't speaking to "us". Put yourselves in their shoes back in that "age" while you read the bible. Paul was even telling his followers "not to get married".
   The bible is centered on Israel and Jerusalem all the way thru Paul's and the apostle's epistle's. I have read the bible many times thru, believe me, and all I see is the fulfillment of God's promise of pouring out His spirit on mankind and the bringing together of all peoples, nations, tongues and tribes together under one King.
     My blessed hope has already happened, as God came to me last year and I live for Christ everyday, and knowing that God and Christ indeed fulfilled their promises in the bible, makes the Word of the Bible more believable. Since I never read other books, my focus has always been just on the bible, nothing else, and what God has shown me thru it, is to help bring others to God thru Jesus Christ knowing that we will be resurerrected upon death and reign with Him forever.
   That is what I believe and I couldn't be happier.

Galatian 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2004, 02:11:41 AM »

How the heck do you know whether Christ was witnessed as coming with all of His saints in the clouds. Paul was warning his followers the end was soon and their redemtion draws near. He wasn't speaking to "us". Put yourselves in their shoes back in that "age" while you read the bible. Paul was even telling his followers "not to get married".
   The bible is centered on Israel and Jerusalem all the way thru Paul's and the apostle's epistle's. I have read the bible many times thru, believe me, and all I see is the fulfillment of God's promise of pouring out His spirit on mankind and the bringing together of all peoples, nations, tongues and tribes together under one King.
     My blessed hope has already happened, as God came to me last year and I live for Christ everyday, and knowing that God and Christ indeed fulfilled their promises in the bible, makes the Word of the Bible more believable. Since I never read other books, my focus has always been just on the bible, nothing else, and what God has shown me thru it, is to help bring others to God thru Jesus Christ knowing that we will be resurerrected upon death and reign with Him forever.
   That is what I believe and I couldn't be happier.

My friend! How can you honestly believe you have not only read the bible many times, but also have a firm, undisputable grip on it's entire message in just one year?

How the heck do you know whether Christ was witnessed as coming with all of His saints in the clouds

Because the Bible says it...

Rev 19:14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.  

Jesus said all eyes would see His return, both living and dead.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

In the following two verses Jesus is telling His deciples that they would not see Jesus in their lifetime, and not to believe anyone who told them Jesus had returned.

Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.  

Luk 17:22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see [it].  

Luk 17:23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after [them], nor follow [them].  

Luk 17:24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one [part] under heaven, shineth unto the other [part] under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

Jesus is telling us that His second coming will be a never before wittnessed event, that the entire heavens will be lit up with His brightness. It will be unmistakable.

Consider the following verses...

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.  

When did this happen?

Rom 14:11 For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.  

And this, when did this occur?

Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.  

Has this hapened already?

Read these following 4 verses and tell me when and where these events unfolded.

Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;  

Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all [men, both] free and bond, both small and great.  

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.  

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.  

Rev 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which [sword] proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

These next five verses have definately not hapened my friend because if they have then God is a liar and we have been cheated...

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.  

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.  

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.  

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.  

Look at these three verses. Has anything even remotely like this ever been recorded in our history books?

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:  

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  

Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.  

Paul was warning his followers the end was soon and their redemtion draws near

As I have show, Jesus told them they would not live to see Him return.
 Also consider that two thousand years in God's timespan is like two of our earth days, so the end was in fact near at the time of Jesus.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  

Revelation is a prophecy of end times. The prophecies are clearly outlined, certain events must unfold and in exact order. These events have not come to pass, but, we are at the very end of time as the prophetic picture prooves. Jesus gives us all the information we need to know the signs.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.  

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 01:41:22 PM by Bronzesnake » Logged
Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2004, 01:09:58 PM »

Well put BRONZESNAKE!  
InHimITrust-wrote-- My blessed hope has already happened

Don't forget 2 Thessalonians:2:1-4
(1) Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, (2) not to become easily unsettled of alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the DAY OF THE LORD HAS ALREADY COME. (3) Don't let anyone decieve you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. (4) He will oppose and exalt himeself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.  

And if He has already come back, where is the new heaven and the new earth and the 1000 year reign with His Kingdom?

Only nowadays do we have the technology to fulfill prophesy spoken of long ago.  

We are instructed to look for His return and keep our robes pure and clean until He returns.  

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the