Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:29:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  minorities rights
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: minorities rights  (Read 5055 times)
Reba
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2004, 08:42:23 PM »

I come to discussions from the ideal that ALL mankind is degenerate.

I hope that's a belief, not an ideal.  Shocked

YIKES i think the word i was thinking of was "idea" but "belief" is a better choice of words ... grammor, spelling, and choice of words dont matter right?
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 07:47:33 AM »

I come to discussions from the ideal that ALL mankind is degenerate.

I hope that's a belief, not an ideal.  Shocked

YIKES i think the word i was thinking of was "idea" but "belief" is a better choice of words ... grammor, spelling, and choice of words dont matter right?

ROFL!

And how's the weather?

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 07:48:58 AM »

Next time I'm driving in the area of Jasper, Texas, I'll tell them "all men are created equal" and see how that goes over, ok?

To be created equal and to be treaed equal are two different things...

So you do believe in equal rights all the way to the marriage altar?  Wink

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 04:54:19 PM »

Next time I'm driving in the area of Jasper, Texas, I'll tell them "all men are created equal" and see how that goes over, ok?

Yeah, then you get married, and you give up your rights for a female roommate Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2004, 07:35:06 AM »

Yeah, then you get married, and you give up your rights for a female roommate Grin

LOL!
But since it sounds like you believe in equality.... does that mean you no longer have a problem with mixed marriages? Wink

michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2004, 10:34:23 AM »

LOL!
But since it sounds like you believe in equality.... does that mean you no longer have a problem with mixed marriages? Wink

As different as men and women are - all marriages are mixed. Grin

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2004, 11:04:18 AM »

I'm with Micheal, sincere. Grin Grin

I don't have a problem with mixed marraiges, I have a problem with people who assume off the bat that we all agree mix marraiges are ok, and anyone who disagrees is a racist. Angry Roll Eyes

Reba
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2004, 12:49:48 PM »

Mixed marriage = male / female

Storm clouds coming from the south...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 01:53:28 PM by Reba » Logged
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2004, 01:09:02 PM »

I have a problem with people who assume off the bat that we all agree mix marraiges are ok, and anyone who disagrees is a racist.

Why wouldn't they be ok?

And wouldn't that be saying that minorities have rights - except in the matter of mixed marriages? Which, of course, then kinda takes away from the equal rights aspect?  Wink

As different as men and women are - all marriages are mixed.

Tongue But if you don't mix in the sweetness of women, then that would leave too much of the saltiness of men!  Tongue

michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2004, 01:19:27 PM »

Tongue But if you don't mix in the sweetness of women, then that would leave too much of the saltiness of men!  Tongue

Mar 9:50  Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.  Grin

I was going to include another verse but knew I would get hammered for Esther 2:12 which is the only place sweet and woman shows up together in scripture.   Tongue

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2004, 01:23:59 PM »

Mar 9:50  Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.  Grin

I was going to include another verse but knew I would get hammered for Esther 2:12 which is the only place sweet and woman shows up together in scripture.   Tongue

WARNING: I have to go now.... but I will be back to reply!  Angry

Grin

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2004, 03:22:18 PM »

I have a problem with people who assume off the bat that we all agree mix marraiges are ok, and anyone who disagrees is a racist.

Why wouldn't they be ok?

Any number of reasons. There are genetic problems that are mostly defiend to one race, and it could spill over into the other races. The childern raised mixed may deal with issue with there peers, they may not feel like they belong and/or there peers might reject them. The parents may not wish a marriage of that nature. There is any number of reasons why it wouldn't be ok.

And wouldn't that be saying that minorities have rights - except in the matter of mixed marriages? Which, of course, then kinda takes away from the equal rights aspect?  Wink

A personal belief on mixed marriage doesn't keep you from exersicing your right.

As for the equal rights aspect, it doesn't take away, it adds too.. Minorities have rights, but rights have limits. Majority or minority, you still have limits. A right doesn't give you the freedom to run around like chicken with its head cut off and raise hell. And yes, there are some right that both the Minority and the Majority don't have. Minorities have the same rights AND limitations as the majority of the people.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 03:40:28 PM by Tibby » Logged

Reba
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2004, 03:37:45 PM »

...you... rant away   Grin

Tongue
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2004, 06:21:10 PM »

Self respect is not given or purchased, it is earned and deserved.

Forgive my coming from left field. But I was still on the first page.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 06:25:19 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2004, 07:39:26 PM »

Any number of reasons. There are genetic problems that are mostly defiend to one race, and it could spill over into the other races.

Such genetic diseases are not restricted to race as an indicator though.  There are genetic diseases with particularly high prevelance in a national group, a small geographic group, or even a particular family (such as haemophilia in the European royal familys).  So marriage should be restricted to within one family?  Oops, that's incest and genetically disasterous.  Or perhaps we should avoid sex-linked genetic disorders (like haemophilia) by banning men from marrying women  Grin

From a genetics point of view, marrying as wide as possible is a good thing, not a bad one.  (For that matter, many genetic diseases can be screened for anyway).
While this reason is not itself intrinsically racist, all too often it's a cover for implied racism (an implied but not stated "genetically different (in some miniscule way)=> genetically superiour/inferiour").

The childern raised mixed may deal with issue with there peers, they may not feel like they belong and/or there peers might reject them. The parents may not wish a marriage of that nature.

That's a practical consideration in a racist society.  While an individual couple might make that discision for themselves without being racist, holding it up as a general principle supports said racist society, and so is racist.

A personal belief on mixed marriage doesn't keep you from exersicing your right.

As for the equal rights aspect, it doesn't take away, it adds too.. Minorities have rights, but rights have limits. Majority or minority, you still have limits. A right doesn't give you the freedom to run around like chicken with its head cut off and raise hell. And yes, there are some right that both the Minority and the Majority don't have. Minorities have the same rights AND limitations as the majority of the people.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the