Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:06:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  American Idol
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 7184 times)
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2004, 09:17:13 AM »

I realliy dislike that show, but SO many people around me love it. I have tenants who come in & talk about it for a good half hour & my nieces are like OBSESSED with it. I find it quite boring. Anyone else like it or dislike it?

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 01:59:51 PM »

I like the auditions, because there are so many people out there who think they're actually good at singing, but really, really suck. Fools.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 05:29:07 PM »

I get really annoyed at how you can to no wrong in Paula’s eyes, and do not good in Simon’s. It is really tired and cliché. No one is as sweet as that, especially not Paula Abdul! And Saddam insane would tell Simon to lighten up! It is pretty clear they are both putting on an act. And Randy with his stereotypical black-guy image! “Sup Dawg!” What is that? Could he be anymore of a brother? He couldn’t make it any more odious if he started rating the female idols by their booty size, and comparing his actions to those of his white co-judges! They have more stereotypes then the View! And twice as many female viewers!

And then there is Ryan. And he is just annoying! He is the kind of guy who got beat up by the children I beat up in Middle school! Seriously, someone needs to slap him around.

As for the guests, well... some of the girls are kinda cute... and most of the guys are kind of... girly... yeah...

I give the show 1 out of 4 Sapphires. Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Reba
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 05:44:05 PM »

Christians watch that stuff?

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 06:03:22 PM »

As annoying as it is, I don’t see what is unChristian about it!

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 07:25:59 PM »

Haha. On Air With Ryan Seacrest is a just a show where Ryan Seacrest talks about stuff everybody already knows about.
Reba
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 08:02:05 PM »

As annoying as it is, I don’t see what is unChristian about it!

Most Christians i know are very annoying ! Grin
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 10:46:40 AM »

I personally watch it, and like it very much so.   Cheesy  I watch it for the performers.  I like George Huff.  Man can sing!  But I do agree about the judges to some extent.  Paula is nice, and tries to be nice.  Randy is turning into Simon, and Simon...is a typical audition judge.  He calls it like he sees it!

Good stuff!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 11:55:16 AM »

I get really annoyed at how you can to no wrong in Paula’s eyes, and do not good in Simon’s. It is really tired and cliché. No one is as sweet as that, especially not Paula Abdul! And Saddam insane would tell Simon to lighten up! It is pretty clear they are both putting on an act. And Randy with his stereotypical black-guy image! “Sup Dawg!” What is that? Could he be anymore of a brother? He couldn’t make it any more odious if he started rating the female idols by their booty size, and comparing his actions to those of his white co-judges! They have more stereotypes then the View! And twice as many female viewers!

And then there is Ryan. And he is just annoying! He is the kind of guy who got beat up by the children I beat up in Middle school! Seriously, someone needs to slap him around.

As for the guests, well... some of the girls are kinda cute... and most of the guys are kind of... girly... yeah...

Hmmm...very detailed response...you must watch it a lot, for someone who doesn't like the show!  Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 03:23:49 PM »

I realliy dislike that show, but SO many people around me love it. I have tenants who come in & talk about it for a good half hour & my nieces are like OBSESSED with it. I find it quite boring. Anyone else like it or dislike it?
It is for the intellectual that wants to give the brain a vacation. For those whose brain is always vacationing its just another beach.

Support your local Christian.
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2004, 12:14:30 PM »

It is for the intellectual that wants to give the brain a vacation. For those whose brain is always vacationing its just another beach.
Doubtful. But good way of looking at it, lol.
I think some of those people realize they can't sing but want the 15 mins of fame. Ive seen it probably 5-6 times. Just can't seem to see what is so entertaining or addicting about it as so many others do. I do have to say, some of Simons comments are giggle worthy.

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 04:35:36 PM »

Hmmm...very detailed response...you must watch it a lot, for someone who doesn't like the show!  Grin

lol, it only take one show to know what I do about it Grin

Actually, my sister is an AI junky. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 04:41:22 PM »

Tibby, I just lost a whole lotta respect for you.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2004, 05:11:53 PM »

It is about time. I'm sick of being the only one of us who has no respect for the other. Grin

Haha, I still love ya, bro.

Vivaldi

Soli Deo Gloria

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2004, 03:37:52 PM »

I really enjoy watching AI...although I am not sure that I have EVER heard Paula say something mildly constructive.  I do enjoy Simon's ungraced honesty...maybe it is because I wish that I didn't value what others thought so much...oh, well. Huh It doesn't matter, because La Toya is going all the way baby!  She works harder than all the rest.

p.s. someone needs to deal with Sir Seacrest  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the