Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:28:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Has Jesus spoken to you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has Jesus spoken to you?  (Read 2528 times)
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2004, 02:52:07 PM »

I get scared, as well as many other people when we talk about Jesus speaking to us.  It's because outside of a Christian forum they'll lock you up if you think God is talking to You.  

There's only once that I actually heard a voice, and it was the stillest smallest voice I ever heard.  I can't even begin to explain the stillness and the smallness of it, it's like if it weren't for a miracle there'd be no sound at all.   Wink

I'm still not sure if it was God's voice because I was going through quite a bit at the time.  It was enough to make even the most firm believer agree, it may have been me just crackin' up and losing it.  But I never felt such extreme peace.  It was so much peace that I got a whole new meaning about "rest in peace."  Mostly, all the trouble that I was having was I thought I was going to die and then suddenly at the moment of this voice it wasn't about me going to die so much as me living forever with the Lord.  So, death no longer scared me.  But mostly, I thought for sure I was going to die and I couldn't come to grips with it.  And so I began to plan my funeral and it made me feel a little better--the planning of it.  It's so weird, but if I thought I could just make folks play Christian music at my funeral someone might be brought to the Lord while hearing it and facing mortality and then it would be worth dying over.  So, the voice actually made sense to me because it said, "It's time for you to start writing down your plans."  

The only reason I question the validity of it was that it made all the sense in the world at the time, but at the same time--if I consider the experts, and I'm not saying expert Christians, just the experts, they'll all agree that it's too weird to be true.

Anyway, I did what it said,  I wrote down my plans and I felt much better even though it seemed to be the craziest thing to do.  It wasn't anything against scripture so I figured it was okay.  And it was.  But the thing is I wound up not dying!!  Smiley  I'm still alive. But I wont live forever, so my plans are in place just in case.

But I worry about folks that say they hear God's voice because my Father always thought God was talking to him.  He attributed to himself the powers of the Pope.  He said that when he spoke his words were from God and infallible.  And he had a whole bunch of people doing whatever he said.  Because clearly, my father WAS hearing a voice.  And the voice KNEW about all sorts of things going on.  And the people believed it because of the supernaturalness of the abiltity to know stuff and predict stuff.  But that didn't mean it was from God.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2004, 02:59:07 PM by Candice Cavalier » Logged

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2004, 06:21:53 PM »

But I worry about folks that say they hear God's voice because my Father always thought God was talking to him.  He attributed to himself the powers of the Pope.  He said that when he spoke his words were from God and infallible.  And he had a whole bunch of people doing whatever he said.  Because clearly, my father WAS hearing a voice.  And the voice KNEW about all sorts of things going on.  And the people believed it because of the supernaturalness of the abiltity to know stuff and predict stuff.  But that didn't mean it was from God.
How frightening! Do you have any idea what (or who) the "voice" really was?

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2004, 07:43:19 AM »

I hear HIM.....

.... in that still small voice
.... in worship and song
.... in prayer and adoration
.... in dreams and visions
.... in the wisdom He reveals
.... in spirit and in truth

but most often, with that big, old 2 X 4!

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2004, 08:06:14 AM »

Has Jesus spoken to you?

YES!!!! Every time I read His Word. (The Bible)

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
C C

loving your neighbor includes your neighbor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2004, 03:51:56 PM »

Willowbirch,

Actually, yes it is very frightening.  That's why people get scared when people say they hear God talking.  Well, it wasn't anything electronic or magnetic because no one else could hear it.  So, it was in his head, I am sure.

I'm not saying that God doesn't actually talk.  We have the bible that says He does talk.  And we don't have to worry because the Bible also says His sheep will hear his voice.  And we can examine what these people do because "by their fruits you shall know them" anyway, nothing to be fearful about then.  Unless you are in a religion that tells you that men are infallible and that a man can be the voice of God too us.    

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you would include not finding your neighbor's biggest fault and then harping on it as if it were your mission.
DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2004, 10:21:49 AM »

I believe that everytime I read the Bible, I am hearing the Lord.

Also, in '01, I was driving home w/ my daughters and husband(my husband wasn't driving b/c his leg was in an immobilizer b/c he was having surgery on his knee the following week)...anyway, we were heading northbound and all of the sudden I noticed this van coming out of the median pretty fast.  Well, I was in the left hand lane, and sped up a bit and switched to the right...but this gentleman still hit me...slammed into my back drivers side rear tire and sent me tipped on the side passenger 2 wheels spinning....and we ended up facing southbound.  Thank GOD the light at a major intersection was red at that time!!!  Anyhow, as I was spinning, a calmness came over me and I swear I just heard a voice say, "Don't worry, you're all going to be fine..."
We were...I mean, my daughters were both ok, a little scared from everything, I was ok...except for major whiplash, and same w/ my husband.  The peace I felt was just so warm and comforting...I KNOW it was the Lord.  Thank God I sped up when I did b/c if I didn't it would have been a LOT worse...and for the fact that we didn't flip over...I find that to be amazing along w/ the light, at around 5pm to be red.  
I know there has been many times I felt His voice speaking to me...not hearing it like I did then, but feeling it.  Am I making sense?

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the