Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:39:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Has Jesus spoken to you?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has Jesus spoken to you?  (Read 2527 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: April 09, 2004, 12:11:56 AM »

I just went through a  bout of pancreatitis, and I'm still a bit woozy. I apologize if this is a bit jumbled...

Has Jesus actually spoken to you? not spiritually, but literally?
 He spoke to me when I was in my mid twenties...Here's the story.

My first experience with Jesus came to me when I was about four or five years old. My friends and I always played in the local church parking lot, which was just down the street from my house. It was a tiny church, it couldn't have held more than twenty people as far as I recall. One early evening in summer the Pastor approached my friends and I, and asked if we would like to attend church. I went home and told my mom, and mom turned to my older brother and said "sure, take your brother and go" I remember that I had a really good time singing "The wise man built his house upon the rock, but the foolish man built his house upon the sand" After that mom sent us to Sunday school at the Big church on Eglington and Keel in Toronto, Saint Hilda's. I remember bursting out in tears one Sunday and being carried by two ladies into the babies room, where I was dumped into a crib and totally humiliated...that was the end of my church days for many years.

I was forced to attend a Catholic school because of my fighting when I was about twelve. I was forced to attend Catechism and attained first communion. Mom converted to Catholicism and forced me to go to church each week. That ended after about two years, when I refused to go.

I quit school and left home when I was fifteen and moved in with a bunch of outlaw bikers. Needless to say, I wasn't living a Christian life.

I'll make this testimony short, but I can tell you that I had quite a life going back then. I made several stops in the West Toronto Detention Center for fighting.

In no time I was doing every kind of drug that I could find and I could out drink anybody I met, or at least I gave it a good shot.

That continued throughout my early twenties.

I eventually moved back with my parents when I was nineteen as part of a probation condition, and we all moved out of the city to a little town about 40 miles north called Tottenham.

I met my common-law wife there and we had a daughter when I was twenty one. We split up before getting married, and a I met my wife, Dawn and was married at twenty two.

One night while my wife was at work on night shift, I found myself sitting on the edge of our bed in a home we shared with my in-laws. I was drunk and very stoned on cocaine. My first born son, Michael was sleeping in his crib, and I found myself looking at him and I began to cry.

I was hopelessly addicted and I knew it was killing me. My wife never took drugs and she put up with a lot of garbage from me. Why she stuck with me< I'll never know.

So I sat on our bed crying quietly, feeling trapped and helpless. I thought about God and wondered about Him.

That's when I heard His voice. Literally heard it. I turned around to see who had entered my bedroom, but there was no one there. He said, "John, don't worry. Everything will be all right" It was comforting, strong, somehow eternal, and I knew right away that it was Jesus.

Two weeks later we got a really great apartment in another town, and two years after that, we got a house of our own...we rented, but it was a house to raise our three boys in.

That was the beginning for me. It didn't happen right away, but slowly and steadily, I began to change. I stopped the hard drugs right away without any detoxing. Then, over the next few years I stopped drinking and quit all drugs, no detoxing at all.

I found a great Baptist church in town and began to read loads of Christian books, including the Bible of course, but I have read loads of creation vs evolution books, and all kinds of apologetics. I was so thirsty for anything to do with Jesus. I then began to bring my friends to Christ, new friend, old friends.

Now we are building our very first home here in town! Jesus told me not to worry, that it would be all right...He was right

Has anyone else heard His voice?

Bronzesnake.
Reba
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 12:19:11 AM »

John 10:26-28

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
KJV
Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 07:32:44 PM »

John 10:26-28

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
KJV

What did He say to you Reba?
Reba
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 08:34:31 PM »

In the begining...........The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen
Reba
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 09:29:48 PM »

I completely believe HE speaks with us. As in , your story, creation, the still small voice,  the wack in the head with the 2 by 4. I also believe He says nothing that would not bare witness via the scripture.

A short story ... Asking, nagging, pleading etc. my Mom why doesn't God talk to me like He does  'so~n~so? Her wisdom..... Shut up and listen...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 09:30:48 PM by Reba » Logged
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 06:21:32 PM »

I completely believe HE speaks with us. As in , your story, creation, the still small voice,  the wack in the head with the 2 by 4. I also believe He says nothing that would not bare witness via the scripture.

A short story ... Asking, nagging, pleading etc. my Mom why doesn't God talk to me like He does  'so~n~so? Her wisdom..... Shut up and listen...
My younger sister was born three months premature, and my mother had toxemia so that she nearly died. My father was in church one morning while Mom was in the hospital; he was obviously very worried about Mom and the tiny baby, and while he was struggling with the situation, a voice spoke to him. It said, "Her name will be Crystal Rose, and she will be special." When he went to visit Mom and the baby at the hospital, someone had sent roses in a crystal vase, and he took it as an affirmation. We didn't worry anymore about whether the baby would survive or not. Today she is radiantly healthy and beautiful, walking with the Lord and growing into a Christian woman. Praise God for my sister Crystal Rose!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 06:45:44 PM »

My younger sister was born three months premature, and my mother had toxemia so that she nearly died. My father was in church one morning while Mom was in the hospital; he was obviously very worried about Mom and the tiny baby, and while he was struggling with the situation, a voice spoke to him. It said, "Her name will be Crystal Rose, and she will be special." When he went to visit Mom and the baby at the hospital, someone had sent roses in a crystal vase, and he took it as an affirmation. We didn't worry anymore about whether the baby would survive or not. Today she is radiantly healthy and beautiful, walking with the Lord and growing into a Christian woman. Praise God for my sister Crystal Rose!

Beautiful story!
God makes Himself Crystal clear!
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 06:57:03 PM »

A very beautiful thread, thank you all!

Yes I hear His voice!  Smiley

Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 06:13:29 PM »

Yes. Through His Spirit in His word.

Support your local Christian.
Angel123

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 11:55:06 PM »

yes, I hear His voice.
Angel123

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 12:07:40 AM »

I was on the subway,going into center city.This happen
a couple of days before Christmas.I was getting ready
to get off,I put my gloves on,I founded a dollar in one
of my gloves.I put the dollar in my wallet.As I was
coming up the steps,in the sub I saw a homeless man
lying on the ground.I look into my pocketbook to give
him some change.I heard the voice of God,He said give
him the dollar you found in your gloves.I obey.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2004, 01:41:18 AM »

I was on the subway,going into center city.This happen
a couple of days before Christmas.I was getting ready
to get off,I put my gloves on,I founded a dollar in one
of my gloves.I put the dollar in my wallet.As I was
coming up the steps,in the sub I saw a homeless man
lying on the ground.I look into my pocketbook to give
him some change.I heard the voice of God,He said give
him the dollar you found in your gloves.I obey.

God speaks us at times we least expect.
Thanks for telling your story Angel...
Bronzesnake.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2004, 01:53:46 PM »

God speaks us at times we least expect.
Thanks for telling your story Angel...
Bronzesnake.

Yes, thank you, Angel123!

HylianHero

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2004, 07:12:34 PM »

Jesus has spoken to me recently as well.

The father of a child in my band is a pastor of his church. As a favor to him, some of our band went and played for his Easter service. At this service, I felt as if I was being called back into worshipping the Lord. That night when I got home, I asked another of my friends if I could begin going to Church with him. He said yes, and I am now a loyal member of his church. I feel that he got me to that Easter service, so that I could come back to him!

-HH
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2004, 06:48:13 PM »

Thanks for your testimony, Hylian!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the