Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:46:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ephesians 4:23
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ephesians 4:23  (Read 1057 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2004, 03:21:05 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

This is a little mini-study on Ephesians 4:32. This has always been one of my favorite portions of Scripture, and it yields blessings for me every time I study it.

Ephesians 4:32  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Psalms 112:4  Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.

Luke 6:35  But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

1 Corinthians 13:4  Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

2 Corinthians 2:10  To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

Colossians 3:12  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Colossians 3:13  Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

2 Peter 1:7  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Romans 2:4  Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Psalms 145:9  The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

Proverbs 12:10  A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

James 5:11  Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

1 Peter 3:8  Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

Luke 1:78  Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,

Matthew 6:14  For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Matthew 6:15  But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Luke 6:37  Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Luke 11:4  And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Luke 17:4  And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Romans 12:20  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Romans 12:21  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

2 Corinthians 2:10  To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
"even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." This is the most beautiful and precious portion of this Scripture for all Christians. We should be reminded of this night and day. We did not deserve or earn the Grace of God, nor could we ever repay the GIFT of Jesus Christ who died on the cross in our stead.

What were we like when we were lost and without Christ? Were we deserving of Christ's shed blood for the forgiveness of our sins? Were we a worthy vessel for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit? The obvious answer to all of these questions is "NO". As Christians, it is a reasonable service to treat others as Christ has already treated us. This should be done in joy, not grudgingly or because we are commanded to. The greatest joy of a Christian would be to have a heart like our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. We will never measure up, but we can struggle and pray for softer hearts that would be more pleasing to HIM.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 07:41:35 AM »

Great study Tom.   In fact, I wound up reading the enitre chapter a few times this morning because of this post.  Ephesians chapter 4 is litterally a gold mine of instruction for christian living.  It reminds me of just how small I need to get, in order to let Jesus operate in my life the way this chapter defines it.   Thanks for posting this!  Truely an edifying passage.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 03:09:52 PM »

Thank you brother.
I always love some fresh water on a dry day.

God bless you....

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 03:57:19 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to 2nd Timothy and Royo,

You are most welcome Brothers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 07:26:49 PM »

"even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." This is the most beautiful and precious portion of this Scripture for all Christians. We should be reminded of this night and day. We did not deserve or earn the Grace of God, nor could we ever repay the GIFT of Jesus Christ who died on the cross in our stead.

AMEN!!!!

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the