Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:39:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Brief Testimony
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Brief Testimony  (Read 5371 times)
asaph
« on: May 18, 2003, 03:49:52 AM »

I was not raised in a Christian home. I partied alot in High School. I went to a Wednesday night service by invite when I was 15 years old. I had been drinking a few beers that afternoon so I was a little drunk when I got to church. After the sermon I felt guilty of sin and went forward at the invitation of the preacher. Not much of an outward change took place but from then on I had a keen interest in God. I didn't really understand the Jesus connection at that time. As time went on, at the age of 19, I did some serious searching. I asked God if He really exists. Not too long after that someone gave me a Gospel book to read, and in it was an explanation of why Jesus came and died and rose again. I was convinced I needed Him as Savior and Lord, so I confessed my sins and asked for mercy. Of course He gave me mercy. He still gives me mercy. I just want to say Thankyou Jesus!
I shared Jesus with my older brother and sister. After a few months they also came to know the Lord. Two of my nieces who were very young, I took to church regularly, and they too became believers, and to this day they have fine Christian families. Paul said "thou shalt be saved and thy house." May He continue to save members of my family! Today I need a new fire lit under me, a revival, so to speak. I need to fan to flame that which is in me through the laying on of hands. One of my favorite verses is Song of Solomon 2:

3   As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
4   He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.

I like the experience of Christ. Doctrine is sweet but the reality of Christ goes far beyond words. Jesus is the Tree of Life, meant to be enjoyed as one would enjoy eating or drinking. I need to be there at all times at all costs. I like what Solomon goes on to say:
Song of Solomon 3
1   By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
2   I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
3   The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?
4   It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me.

We need to get past the religious crowd with all their excess baggage and simply seek Jesus. Then we will have understanding beyond that of our teachers. Jacob said to the Lord whom he wrestled with, "I will not let you go..." The woman of this Song sought the Lord with her whole heart. The watchmen could not point her to Him, but she was diligent and found Him. God says you will seek me and find me when you search for Me with your whole heart. The watchmen won't like it when you get too fanatical. Listen to what they did to her later:
Song of Solomon 5
7   The watchmen that went about the city found me, they smote me, they wounded me; the keepers of the walls took away my veil from me.

Christ and religion do not mix. Christ verses Religion. Life is only in Him, not in theology. It was the religious crowd that killed Him by nailing Him too a cross. The flock understands what I say. Jesus said "my sheep hear my voice and they follow me..."

Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness; Jesus is both. By seeking Him you gain the Kingdom, and Righteousness, and great understanding!

asaph
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 09:02:47 AM »

Thanks asaph, Grace & Peace Bro

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
asaph
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 12:09:40 PM »

Thanks asaph, Grace & Peace Bro

Thank you Brother.

asaph
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 06:58:44 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Asaph,

That was a beautiful testimony brother. I pray that God will continue to bless you and your family.

In Christ.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 08:21:27 PM »

Thank you, Asaph.  Houdy, bep, Amb4.

My testimony is that Jesus Saves...

Thank you, Jesus
asaph
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2003, 04:03:21 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Asaph,

That was a beautiful testimony brother. I pray that God will continue to bless you and your family.

In Christ.

Thanks blackeyedpeas,
Your prayers are much appreciated. Lately, I have been in a real dry season of life. I really need a rekindling of my fellowship with the Lord. I feel like a prodical. I think that I have let the cares of this life choke the word; I am fruitless.

asaph
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2003, 05:35:41 PM »

Thanks blackeyedpeas,
Your prayers are much appreciated. Lately, I have been in a real dry season of life. I really need a rekindling of my fellowship with the Lord. I feel like a prodical. I think that I have let the cares of this life choke the word; I am fruitless.

asaph

Oklahoma Howdy to Asaph,

I would have answered this earlier, but I've been gone for two weeks. My daughter gave me a second grandson, and he is a keeper.

We all have hills and valleys in our lives. There is some beauty and learning in the valleys, but much more can be seen and enjoyed from the hills. Maybe that small valley leads to a higher hill and has purpose for wisdom, greater peace, and greater fellowship. Brother, just climb the next hill and enjoy the view.

In Christ.

asaph
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2003, 02:41:07 PM »

Thanks blackeyedpeas,

asaph

Oklahoma Howdy to Asaph,

I would have answered this earlier, but I've been gone for two weeks. My daughter gave me a second grandson, and he is a keeper.

We all have hills and valleys in our lives. There is some beauty and learning in the valleys, but much more can be seen and enjoyed from the hills. Maybe that small valley leads to a higher hill and has purpose for wisdom, greater peace, and greater fellowship. Brother, just climb the next hill and enjoy the view.

In Christ.
Thanks Brother,
Congratulations on a new grandson! I am still waiting for my first grandchild.
I'm climbing the next hill anticipating an excellent view. You inspired another thought in me. I walk about two and a half miles a day on an old gravel road behind where I live. It's hilly some hills are steep and others more gradual. The benefits are tremendous; I feel more energy and my thinking is clear afterward. However, my body sometimes says, "I don't want to walk today." But when I disregard what it says and walk anyway afterward my body says, "thankyou!" That's how we should walk with the Lord. Our flesh may not like us to pray or study the Word but afterwards there is a real refreshing over our soul.
Thanks again and God Bless You,

asaph
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 05:35:57 AM »

Thanks everyone, I love you all.

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
remnant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 02:51:00 PM »

Continue to walk with Him and in the Power of His might and your life will continue to be full of thrills, romance and adventure with the Lord.

Remnant

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the