Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:28:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The United Nations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The United Nations  (Read 29554 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2007, 05:06:31 AM »

Ban opposes UN peacekeepers

By EDITH M. LEDERER, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 42 minutes ago

UNITED NATIONS - Against a backdrop of heavy fighting and growing insecurity, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon opposed the deployment of U.N. peacekeepers to Somalia and suggested instead a robust multinational force or a coalition of willing nations.

In August, the U.N. Security Council called on the secretary-general to begin planning for the possible deployment of U.N. peacekeepers to replace an African Union force that has struggled to put troops in the chaotic country.

But in a new report to the council, Ban on Friday said, "under the prevailing political and security situation, I believe that the deployment of a United Nations peacekeeping operation cannot be considered a realistic and viable option."

Ban said a that "given the complex security situation in Somalia, it may be advisable to look at additional security options, including the deployment of a robust multinational force or coalition of the willing."

Such a force could initially be small and self-sustaining, Ban said, growing over time with the achievement of specific security and political milestones. "In due time, such a force could be built to a level that would enable Ethiopian forces to commence a partial, then complete withdrawal from the country."

Somalia has not had a functioning government since clan-based warlords toppled dictator Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991 and then turned on each other, sinking the poverty-stricken Horn of Africa nation of 7 million people into chaos.

The rout last December of the Islamic fundamentalist movement that controlled most of Somalia by Ethiopian troops and Somali government soldiers allowed the country's weak U.N.-backed transitional government to enter the capital, Mogadishu, for the first time since it was established in 2004. But heavy fighting between insurgents and Ethiopian troops has flared again, leaving hundreds dead and wounded.

The U.N. authorized the African Union to send an 8,000-strong peacekeeping force to Somalia in February to calm the country, but only 1,800 troops from Uganda are on the ground. Ban urged the international community to provide logistical help and funds to deploy the rest of the AU force as quickly as possible.

The AU has been pressing for a U.N. force to replace the AU troops when its current U.N. mandate expires in February. But some key Security Council countries insist there must be a peace to keep before U.N. troops are sent to Somalia.

Ban said the United Nations is trying to encourage a dialogue within the transitional government and with opposition groups to try to end the fighting and establish broad-based transitional institutions.

But in his report covering the period since late June, Ban painted a grim picture of a country facing increasing violence and insecurity and a growing humanitarian crisis.

The political situation, he said, was marked by the deepening of divisions within the shaky transitional government, "the hardening stance of the opposition and the intensification of the insurgency."

"The situation in Mogadishu remains volatile, with daily attacks mostly by insurgents" targeting government and Ethiopian troops, Ban said. "Elsewhere, lawlessness and inter-clan violence continued in large areas of central and southern Somalia."

Attacks by pirates on ships are on the rise, threatening the delivery of humanitarian aid which is critical because of the deteriorating humanitarian situation, he said.

"Overall, 1.5 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance, a 50 percent increase since the beginning of the year," Ban said.

Hundreds of thousands of Somalis have fled the fighting in Mogadishu and there are now 750,000 Somalis uprooted from their homes — 400,000 long-term and 350,000 newly displaced, he said.

The secretary-general also expressed concern at the deteriorating human rights situation, the targeted assassinations of district officials in Mogadishu, human trafficking from Somalia to Yemen, and widspread reports of rape and sexual violence, including gang rapes by soldiers and other local militia and the abduction of women to be used as sex slaves.

Ban opposes UN peacekeepers

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2007, 04:26:41 PM »

The U.N. must not be satisfied with the worldwide UNICEF carton collections, because they just keep on pushing ways to implement a global tax. The door may be starting to creep open on that front, with the Law of the Sea Treaty, which Glenn believes will lead to a U.N. global tax. Everyone Glenn has talked to, callers and politicians alike, say it's a bad idea yet Senator McCain and others on a Senate panel backed the idea 17-4. This is the same idea that had Ronald Reagan losing sleep at night. Members of Congress and the Senate, this is why more people believe the moon landing was a hoax than approve of the job you are doing. Pat Gray from KSEV in Houston joined Glenn to talk about this and more. Read the transcript.

UN to tax Americans? 
NOVEMBER 01, 2007

GLENN BECK PROGRAM
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

BECK: I said a year ago, Pat, and I don't know if you've noticed it in the last four weeks, I said a year ago birth pains. Condoleezza Rice said, I believe on this program, we are seeing birth pains in the Middle East and I said at that time, that word is, A, biblical in nature. It has a lot of stuff on prophecy involved with it. But beyond that. It implies we're giving birth -- there's an event at the end and it also implies that things happen and start to happen more and more rapidly and they get stronger. Have you noticed, Pat, in the last four weeks how much some of the stuff that was just theory, that you and I talked about a year ago, two years ago, three years ago is now starting to unfold and come out and it's all, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, one right after another?

GRAY: Uh-huh, yeah. I never would have believed that President Bush would get behind the Law of the Sea Treaty. I never would have believed in a million years that President Bush would circumvent U.S. sovereignty by taking Texas to court in this, you know, Jose Medellin case, this vicious brutal rapist and killer that he's fighting the State of Texas in international courts over it.

GLENN: Well, it's a lose-lose situation. If the President loses, then -- I mean, it's a lose-lose situation if you're a federalist. Then what it means is you've got a weak federal government. You've got a government probably more in line with what the founding fathers wanted that Texas and all of the states have a right to say no to the federal government. You go ahead and sign that little global warming treaty; not for us.

GRAY: Right. Well, that's the way it should be.

GLENN: Yeah, I know it should be, but that's not -- if you are somebody who believes in a strong federal government, that is -- and he does, that's why he's fighting it as well. If he loses, the federal government loses a lot of its power in an unbelievable framework. If he wins, the Constitution loses because now courts, out-of-country courts are above our Supreme Court.

But let's talk about the Law of the Sea Treaty, which is so frightening, it makes the Medellin case look like, you know, nursery school.

GRAY: Yeah.

GLENN: This is -- and fill in any places here, Pat, where I've got it wrong. This passed yesterday in committee in the Senate and it's going to the full Senate for a vote, and Bush will sign it. Unless Americans stand up and call their senators right now, this thing is going to go -- this is going to pass.

GRAY: It will become law. It will become part of the Constitution.

GLENN: Constitution. It's not part of the law. It's Constitution.

GRAY: Yes.

GLENN: If they sign this thing and ratify it. And what it is is it gives power to the UN to control outline mineral rights, all oceans, all air above the oceans. It creates something called the Enterprise that if -- let's say Exxon says I want to go drill for -- well, what's happening now? China is going to drill in between Florida and Cuba. So let's say we said we wanted to -- I know it's crazy. We would never do this. We want to actually go look for oil under the water and we would have to go to the UN and Exxon would have to say to the Enterprise, we have two sites they want to drill; we believe there's this amount of oil and here's all of the research on it. The Enterprise says, okay, let us look into it. They come back, come back, Exxon. They come back to the Enterprise which is a UN organization and the Enterprise says, great, you know what? You can have Site A, we're going to take Site B and here's the added extra bonus for you, Exxon. "You have to drill our site for us using your money, your equipment and everything else and we get everything that you take out."

GRAY: Yeah, exactly. Yeah. And any dispute involving, let's say the United States and Cuba or the United States and China go to this new court system they are setting up for the Law of the Sea Treaty and there's going to be, I think 22, 22 magistrates on it. We have no guarantee that we'll even get one of those magistrates.

Now, in a dispute between the United States and Cuba or the U.S. and China, who do you think the guys from Uganda and Yemen are going to side with?

GLENN: Yeah.

GRAY: Certainly not us.

GLENN: This is the way they take our wealth from us.

GLENN: Any ships that go across, they can levy fines, fees, taxes. If you want to go ahead and fly in the air above water, they can assign taxes, fees, and fines. This is the first ever door that opens our Constitution up for the UN to walk right in and tax the American people.

GRAY: You bet. Well, and this was written with keeping nuclear submarines out of the water in mind. This was written with the intent that the oceans would only be used for peaceful purposes.

GLENN: Yeah.

GRAY: You could never use these for war. So, you know, being a war machine, a nuclear sub can be kept out of the water and the military says, oh, they won't enforce that. Uh-huh, we're talking about the UN.

GLENN: Of course they will. Of course they will.

GRAY: Of course they will. Of course they will.

GLENN: You don't think Russia and China -- listen, I'm telling you. Teach your kids how to speak Chinese because they are going to rule the world within 50 years.

GRAY: Sooner than that.

GLENN: Well, if we don't wake up, it will be in the next five years, for the love of Pete. It is amazing to me how few people -- you know, I think one of the problems is -- and help me out on this, Pat. Maybe I'm giving them too much of a bone. I've talked to senators and they are like, yeah, well, I'm not really sure because the language has really kind of changed. This is something that a lot of senators are just kind of like going, well, I think it's okay, and I've got the word from so-and-so and I'm -- in fact, let me give you this. This came in from a listener. They sent it to me. They wrote to Bob Casey, their senator, and they said, do not sign the Law of the Sea Treaty. He said, thanks for taking the time to contact me regarding the United Nations convention on the Law of the Sea. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about matters of interest to them. He goes into how it started an everything else. Some of my constituents have reservations about the United States ratifying the Law of the Sea Treaty and I take those concerns seriously. As a member of the Senate foreign relations committee, I pledge to study this issue carefully and listen to my colleagues and legal experts before voting to send the treaty to the full Senate for consideration.

Excuse me? How about listening to your constituents, Senator?

GRAY: Yeah. Yeah. Do all U.S. senators have the same person writing their responses to their constituents? Because that sounds a lot like Kay Bailey Hutchison's responses to hers. It's ridiculous! When in doubt, vote it out, especially where the UN is concerned.

GLENN: When in doubt, how can you possibly be in doubt? How can you be in doubt?

GRAY: But if you think the language has changed or if you've heard maybe it's changed, vote against it! If there's any doubt where the UN is concerned -- and there isn't, you're right. But if you think there is, you vote against it.

GLENN: Yeah. I mean --

GREY: That's just good, decent American constitutional thinking right there.

GLENN: Especially when it's a treaty.

GLENN: It becomes the -- most people don't understand that. It is -- it fuses with the Constitution.

GRAY: That's right.

GLENN: I mean, you don't go backwards. You know, prohibition, it's a good idea. Oh, wow, that was a bad idea; we should get out of it. Once a treaty is ratified and signed, it fuses with the Constitution. It's really --

GRAY: People might think, we're the UN already, what's the big deal. In this Law of the Sea Treaty, we're only one of 140 countries and unlike other UN issues, there's no security council here. We don't have any permanent status, any veto power at all. It's us against 140. How many of those 140 are our friends? Maybe Britain? Maybe Israel? The rest are going to be against us?

GLENN: Let me just leave it with what Ronald Reagan believed, and he believed this is the first step into one world government. This is it. This is it. And you know what? They tried to get it through over and over and over again and they keep trying to change the language to make it good. It's not good. Get out. Do not sign the Law of the Sea Treaty.

Pat, thanks, appreciate it.

END TRANSCRIPT

UN to tax Americans?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 04:28:15 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2007, 07:04:39 AM »

CONSTITUTION FOR THE FEDERATION OF EARTH

adopted at the 1977 session of the World Constituent Assembly,
and revised at the 1991 session.

DIAGRAM FOR THE FEDERATION OF EARTH

WORLD PARLIAMENT, composed of three houses:

* House of Peoples, elected directly by the people equally
      from 1000 World Electoral and Administrative Districts.
    * House of Nations, appointed or elected by national governments.
    * House of Counsellors of 200 elected by the other two houses, chosen for
      global perspective; has nominative, consultative, initiative and referral functions.

WORLD EXECUTIVE, elected by and responsible to the Parliament. Presidium of a rotating president and 4 vice-presidents, all M.P.s, nominated by House of Counsellors. Executive Cabinet of 30 ministers, all M.P.s. The World Executive may not veto or suspend the Parliament or the Constitution.

WORLD ADMINISTRATION, of about 30 departments, each headed by a Cabinet Minister or Vice President; coordinated by a Secretary General chosen by the Presidium and confirmed by the Cabinet.

INTEGRATIVE COMPLEX, includes agencies for World Civil Service, Boundaries and Elections, Institute on Governmental Procedures and World Problems, Research and Planning, Technological and Environmental Assessment, World Financial Administration, and Legislative Review.

WORLD JUDICIARY, composed of 8 Benches having mandatory jurisdiction over different kinds of issues, with 5 continental seats. Collegium of World Judges is nominated by House of Counsellors and elected by Parliament, headed by a Presiding Council of 5 members which assigns judges to the several Benches.

THE ENFORCEMENT SYSTEM, non-military, is headed by an Office of World Attorneys General and commission of 20 Regional World Attorneys, elected by and removable by Parliament. The World Attorneys appoint the World Police (removable by the Parliament) to apprehend individual lawbreakers.

WORLD OMBUDSMUS, to protect human rights and ensure proper government functioning, is headed by a Council of 5 World Ombudsen nominated by House of Counsellors, and commission of 20 Regional World Advocates, all elected by the Parliament.

BILL OF RIGHTS, of 18 sections, effective when Constitution is ratified.

DIRECTIONAL PRINCIPLES, of 19 sections, additional rights and benefits to be implemented over a period of time for all world citizens.

JURISDICTION OF WORLD GOVERNMENT, defined in Grant of Powers of 40 sections. Nations retain jurisdiction over internal affairs.

FOR ELECTIONS AND ADMINISTRATION, Earth is divided into 1000 Districts, 20 Regions, 10 Magna-Regions, at least 5 Continental Divisions.

FIVE WORLD CAPITALS, to be established in 5 continental divisions, one is the Primary Capital, the others are Secondary Capitals.

IMPLEMENTATION OF THE EARTH CONSTITUTION BY STAGES:

* Provisional World Government, before 25 countries have ratified.
    * First Operative Stage, when 25 countries have ratified.
    * Second Operative Stage, when 50% of countries have ratified.
    * Full Operative Stage, when 80% of countries, comprising 90% of Earth's population, have ratified.

DISARMAMENT, of nations accomplished when constitution is ratified. The World Government does not retain nor use weapons of mass destruction.

VIABLE AGENCIES OF THE U.N., are transferred to the World Government.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 07:06:33 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2007, 07:08:37 AM »

WORLD CONSTITUTION AND PARLIAMENT ASSOCIATION

General Perspective

The World Constitution and Parliament Association offers an organization and a course of action by which people and government leaders who want peace and human welfare can gain control over world affairs for the good of all people on Earth.

Objectives and Actions

1. World Government

The comprehensive objective, to be achieved in progressive stages, is a democratic, non-military, federal world government, which can solve world problems peacefully and administer those affairs which transcend national boundaries for the benefit of humanity everywhere.

The World Government will have a representative World Parliament to enact world legislation, with one chamber elected by the people; A World Executive responsible to the Parliament, with authority to implement world legislation directly; a World Judiciary with mandatory enforcement of decisions; and such other organs as are desirable and necessary for the adequate and effective solution of world problems and management of global affairs.

2. Earth Constitution

To achieve a democratic World Government, the WCPAGREN works for the ratification, or provisional ratification, of the Constitution for the Federation of Earth. Ratification is sought by national parliaments, national governments, local and state governments, universities and colleges, and by individuals and popular referendum.

The Earth Constitution was prepared at two drafting sessions of a World Constituent Assembly, held in 1968 at Interlaken, Switzerland, and Wolfach, W. Germany, and in 1977 at Innsbruck, Austria, with about 200 delegates from all continents, then reinforced at a third session at Colombo, Sri Lanka, in 1979.

3. Provisional World Parliament

Until the Earth Constitution is ratified by at least 25 countries, the W.C.P.A. helps to organize sessions of a Provisional World Parliament, which is organized under the terms of Article 19 of the Constitution for the Federation of Earth.

The Provisional World Parliament has adopted eleven world legislative measures to deal with major world problems. Eight at its first two sessions which were held at Brighten, England, September, 1982, and at New Delhi, India, March, 1985 and three at the third session at Miami Beach, Florida, June 1987. When the Earth Constitution is ratified by 25 countries, the Provisional Parliament will be supplanted by a fully functioning world Parliament elected and composed as specified in the Constitution for the Federation of Earth.

4. World Legislation

As part of the process of the emergence of World Government, the W.C.P.A. works for the ratification and step-by-step implementation of world legislation enacted by the Provisional World Parliament, including:

Bill #1: to outlaw nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction,
             and to establish a World Disarmament Agency.

Bill #2: for a World Economic Development Organization, which will establish
             a new global system of finance and credit, and help begin the "new
             world economic order."

Bill #3: for ownership, administration and development of the oceans and
             seabeds of Earth(from 20 km. offshore) as the common heritage
             of the People of Earth.

Bill #4: for a Graduate School of World Problems, as part of a World
             University System.

Bill #5: for Provisional District World Courts.

Bill #6: for an Emergency Earth Rescue Administration, to bring carbon
             dioxide levels under control, save the environment, and prevent
             universal starvation as a result of global climatic catastrophe.

Bill #7: for a World Government Funding Corporation,
             to finance the entire program.

Bill #8: for a World Commission on Terrorism.

Bill #9: to protect life and nature on Planet Earth, and to create a global
             Ministry of Environment.

Bill #10: for a World Hydrogen Energy System Authority.

Bill #11: for an Act for the Earth Financial Credit Corporation.

And all world Legislation to be enacted by the Provisional World Parliament at subsequent sessions.

5. Provisional World Cabinet

As a further step towards an operating World Government, the Provisional World Parliament will inaugurate a Provisional World Cabinet at next sessions of the Parliament. The Cabinet will be composed of continuing Cabinet Ministers and Commissions, and will be responsible for implementing, insofar as possible, the legislation of the Parliament.

The members of the Cabinet must be accredited delegates to the Parliament, and will in effect serve as a Provisional World Government, merging with the Cabinet of the eventual World Government under a ratified Constitution for the Federation of Earth.

6. World Constituent Assembly

Prior to the final campaign for ratification of the Constitution for the Federation of Earth, another session of the World Constituent Assembly will be held, to go over the Earth Constitution, and make any amendments found necessary. It is proposed to hold the next session of the World Constituent Assembly when five countries have given provisional ratification to the Earth Constitution.

Organizational Structure

The World Constitution and Parliament Association is a worldwide organization based on individual membership, national branches, local chapters, and a section for members of national Parliaments. Currently, the W.C.P.A. has individual members in 60 countries and national branches in 15 countries.

WORLD CONSTITUTION AND PARLIAMENT ASSOCIATION

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2007, 07:12:13 AM »

CALL TO THE FIFTH SESSION OF THE PROVISIONAL WORLD PARLIAMENT

On the Island of Malta - November 22nd to 27th, 2000

After nearly 11,000 years of slow and hazardous development of civilization, since the emergence of Homo Sapiens from the rigors of the last ice age, with a 500-year climax of amazing scientific and cultural accomplishments, mixed together with stupendous political, technological and environmental blunders, all is about to be lost either by wars or the poisons of war, or by making the environment hostile to life and the consequent starvation of most people during the climatic upsets of possible descent into a new ice age.

Wise philosophers have for several generations proposed the necessity for a global government for Planet Earth, in order to achieve peaceful solutions to problems of inter-dependence, beneficial to all who find themselves living and struggling on this planet of such wonderful potentials.

At the end of world War II, many thinking people knew that Federal World Government was required as the political framework within which global and supra-national problems could be solved peacefully for the benefit of everybody – including continuance of life-friendly conditions of the present inter-glacial period.

Instead, the tragic mistake was made of establishing a weak association of sovereign nations, repeating the mistakes of the League of Nations, with neither a fairly representative World parliament given authority to adopt world legislation to solve world problems, nor a world executive with authority to directly administer world legislation; and each nation retains the right to equip itself with military forces.

As a result, many extreme global problems have accumulated without solutions during the past 50 years, dominated by squandering many millions of dollars on nuclear and other arms races. To cope with these problems, the United Nations has been mostly helpless. Moreover, the United nations Charter is drawn in terms of obsolete precepts of national sovereignty in every article and paragraph, with control given to the five permanent members of the Security Council, so that the Charter cannot be amended nor strengthened to serve as the constitution for a proper global government. The only practical procedure is to completely replace the U.N. Charter with a new constitution for Federal World Government.

For replacement, some people coming together from all continents, apart from the United Nations, have gone ahead to design the specific details of the kind of world constitution which is needed to establish the political framework and procedures for a representative federal world government, under which the residents of Earth can manage their common affairs peacefully to serve the welfare of all.

The work of preparing this world constitution – the CONSTITUTION FOR THE FEDERATION OF EARTH – has gone forward in four sessions of a World Constituent Assembly in 1968, 1977, and 1980 and 1991. Also, work has proceeded in four sessions of a Provisional World Parliament in 1982, 1985, 1987, and 1996, under Article 19 of the Constitution for the Federation of Earth, to prepare world legislation to solve certain urgent problems.

The Constitution for the Federation of Earth is ready now for immediate ratification by the nations and people of Earth, and for immediate practical implementation. Recognizing that World Government is already many decades overdue, and that enormous problems have grown and festered and become more complex and difficult each year in the absence of any way to work out good solutions, every effort must be made to expedite ratification.

The world problems requiring solutions have been described so often that this Call will shift attention ahead to a few of the urgently needed solutions, which can be rapidly put into effect as soon as the Constitution for the Federation of Earth is ratified, and in some important respects even as soon as the first 25 countries have ratified. Early benefits under the Constitution for the Federation of Earth may include:

All nuclear weapons are immediately defused and then dismantled, under supervision of the World Disarmament Agency, and further testing and production prohibited.

All weapons of mass destruction, both large and small, are put under the control of the World Disarmament Agency, for rapid dismantling or conversion to peaceful uses, and further production and sale prohibited.

Most dangers of war and military dictatorship are thereby eliminated.

Priority is given to a globally coordinated program of several hundred billion dollars per year to deal with the climate crises.

Comprehensive remedial action is based on an understanding of the extremes of both heat and cold and other climatic turbulences resulting from the "differential greenhouse effect," which is triggered primarily by excess carbon dioxide accumulations in the air and loss of Earth’s fertility – thus threatening agriculture and world food supplies and civilization everywhere.

All former military personnel, and others, can be employed by a civilian Earth Rescue Corps to restore and conserve a life-sustaining environment on Earth; and to maintain the global commons of the oceans, atmosphere, rivers, forests, phytoplankton, fish, the ozone layer, biodiversity and other elements.

The new global financial system, using a global currency for accounting, will provide sufficient financial credit to employ everyone at peaceful work to supply human needs. Finances will be available for both public and private projects, simply on the basis of people available to work and viable plans for production, services, etc. -- no past savings are required.

Projects to supply the needs of people living in a country may receive priority over projects for international trade. The scramble for outside investors looking for quick profits or for loans tied to repayment from export earnings are both eliminated – since past savings become irrelevant. Also ended as conditions for obtaining finances are, forced privatization or forced communalization, austerity measures, high interest, and curtailment of social welfare. Instead, standards will be defined for serving human welfare, payment of living wages, and environmental protection.

Human rights are protected everywhere, according to the guarantees and directive principles in the Constitution for the Federation of Earth.

Very rapid worldwide elimination of fossil fuels and of nuclear power is expedited, both technologically and financially. Rapid transition is made to solar, hydrogen, magnetic and other safe energy sources and equipment. Millions of jobs are created for the work of conversion to the new safe and environmentally friendly energy technology.

The oceans of Earth are owned and managed truly as the common heritage of humanity, and likewise the air space above the Earth.

The safe disposal of nuclear poisons and wastes, as well as other globally threatening toxic wastes, is put under strict control by the world government.

Technology transfers are assisted and expedited wherever helpful to serve peaceful human needs.

Planning guidelines are developed for the best uses of all natural resources of Earth, together with technological innovations, to serve the maximum human welfare of all inhabitants of Earth.

cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2007, 07:12:48 AM »

These are a few of the benefits to be derived from early ratification and implementation of the Constitution for the Federation of Earth.

All of the above is made possible by the careful design in the Constitution for the Federation of Earth for the World parliament composed of a House of Peoples, a House of Nations and a House of Counsellors, the World Executive with a five-member rotating Presidium responsible to the Parliament, the World Judiciary, the non-military enforcement system, the World Ombudsmus, the Integrative Complex, the agencies of the world Administration, and many other carefully designed provisions.

THEREFORE, THE FIFTH SESSION OF THE PROVISIONAL WORLD PARLIAMENT IS HEREBY CALLED, TO BE ORGANIZED UNDER ARTICLE 19 OF THE CONSTITUTION FOR THE FEDERATION OF EARTH, TO CONVENE FOR TWO WEEKS, OCTOBER 20 – NOVEMBER 4, 2000, AT THE NEW OUAGADOUGOU CONVENTION CENTER, SYRTE, LIBYA, A COUNTRY WHICH OFFICIALLY WELCOMES THE PARLIAMENT.

THE AGENDA FOR THE FIFTH SESSION OF THE PROVISIONAL

WORLD PARLIAMENT OCTOBER 20 – NOVEMBER 4, 2000, SHALL INCLUDE:

Complete the first stage of ratification of the constitution for the Federation of Earth.

Take drastic action to rapidly inaugurate Federal World Government under the Constitution for the Federation of Earth.

Begin implementation of World Legislative Act Number One (with amendments as needed) for the world disarmament Agency.

Begin implementation of World Legislative Act Number Three (with amendments as needed) for the ownership and management of the oceans and seabeds of Earth.

Begin or expand implementation of World Legislative Act Number Six, as amended in 1996, for the Emergency Earth Rescue Administration, to cope with the climate crisis and other related environmental problems.

Begin or expand implementation of World Legislative Act number eleven, as amended in 1996, for a new global finance system to serve both the public and the private sectors.

Begin or expand implementation of the MANIFESTO for beginning world Government with more than 70% of Earth included. As approved in 1996.

Design and begin implementation of world legislation for a comprehensive Global Energy Administration, to replace fossil fuels and nuclear power with energy technology which is environmentally safe and friendly to life.

Establish the World Ombudsmus to protect human rights, as well as establish other agencies of the Integrative Complex, as defined in the Constitution for the Federation of Earth.

Prepare for the next elections of delegates to the World Parliament, under a ratified Constitution for the Federation of Earth.

Take any other actions which may be needed and feasible in year 2000.

TO COMPOSE THE YEAR 2000 PROVISIONAL WORLD PARLIAMENT,
DELEGATES ARE INVITED AND REQUESTED FROM BOTH
NATIONAL GOVERNMENTS OR NATIONAL PARLIAMENTS
AND FROM THE PEOPLE OF ALL COUNTRIES, AS FOLLOWS:

DELEGATES FROM NATIONAL GOVERNMENTS OR NATIONAL PARLIAMENTS:

Delegates are invited from each national government or Parliament which recognizes the necessity for Federal World Government, and which is ready to ratify the Constitution for the Federation of Earth.

National governments, including national parliaments, may send from 1 to 10 delegates, on a voting basis of 1 vote for countries under 2,000,000 in population, 2 votes for countries from 2,000,000 to 10,000,000 population, 3 votes for countries from 10,000,000 to 50,000,000 population, 4 votes for countries from 50,000,000 to 100,000,000 population, and 5 votes for countries above 100,000,000 population.

Silent observers may be sent by national governments or parliaments not ready to ratify the Constitution for the Federation of Earth; but observers may become delegates upon decision to ratify made while at the Parliament.

CALL TO THE FIFTH SESSION OF THE PROVISIONAL WORLD PARLIAMENT

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2007, 07:15:06 AM »

THE CONSTITUTION FOR THE FEDERATION OF EARTH

Contents

Article I • Broad Functions of the World Government

The broad functions of the Federation of Earth shall be:

1. To prevent war, secure disarmament, and resolve territorial and other disputes which endanger peace and human rights.

2. To protect universal human rights, including life, liberty, security, democracy, and equal opportunities in life.

3. To obtain for all people on earth the conditions required for equitable economic and social development and for diminishing social differences.

4. To regulate world trade, communications, transportation, currency, standards, use of world resources, and other global and international processes.

5. To protect the environment and the ecological fabric of life from all sources of damage, and to control technological innovations whose effects transcend national boundaries, for the purpose of keeping Earth a safe, healthy and happy home for humanity .

6. To devise and implement solutions to all problems which are beyond the capacity of national governments, or which are now or may become of global or international concern or consequence.

THE CONSTITUTION FOR THE FEDERATION OF EARTH

Article II • Basic Structure of The World Federation and The World Government

1. The Federation of Earth shall be organized as a universal federation, to include all nations and all people, and to encompass all oceans, seas and lands of Earth, inclusive of non-self governing territories, together with the surrounding atmosphere.

2. The World Government for the Federation of Earth shall be non-military and shall be democratic in its own structure, with ultimate sovereignty residing in all the people who live on Earth.

3. The authority and powers granted to the World Government shall be limited to those defined in this Constitution for the Federation of Earth, applicable to problems and affairs which transcend national boundaries, leaving to national governments jurisdiction over the internal affairs of the respective nations but consistent with the authority of the World Government to protect universal human rights as defined in this World Constitution.

4. The basic direct electoral and administrative units of the World Government shall be World Electoral and Administrative Districts. A total of not more than 1000 World Electoral and Administrative Districts shall be defined, and shall be nearly equal in population, within the limits of plus or minus ten percent.

5. Contiguous World Electoral and Administrative Districts shall be combined as may be appropriate to compose a total of twenty World Electoral and Administrative Regions for the following purposes, but not limited thereto: for the election or appointment of certain world government officials; for administrative purposes; for composing various organs of the world government as enumerated in Article IV; for the functioning of the Judiciary, the Enforcement System, and the Ombudsmus, as well as for the fun ctioning of any other organ or agency of the World Government.

6. The World Electoral and Administrative Regions may be composed of a variable number of World Electoral and Administrative Districts, taking into consideration geographic, cultural, ecological and other factors as well as population.

7. Contiguous World Electoral and Administrative Regions shall be grouped together in pairs to compose Magna-Regions.

8. The boundaries for World Electoral and Administrative Regions shall not cross the boundaries of the World Electoral and Administrative Districts, and shall be common insofar as feasible for the various administrative departments and for the several or gans and agencies of the World Government. Boundaries for the World Electoral and Administrative Districts as well as for the Regions need not conform to existing national boundaries, but shall conform as far as practicable.

9. The World Electoral and Administrative Regions shall be grouped to compose at least five Continental Divisions of the Earth, for the election or appointment of certain world government officials, and for certain aspects of the composition and functioning of the several organs and agencies of the World Government as specified hereinafter. The boundaries of Continental Divisions shall not cross existing national boundaries as far as practicable. Continental Divisions may be composed of a variable number of World Electoral and Administrative Regions.

Article II • Basic Structure of The World Federation and The World Government

cont'd next post
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 07:18:08 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2007, 07:17:12 AM »

Article III • Basic Structure of The World Federation and The World Government

1. The Federation of Earth shall be organized as a universal federation, to include all nations and all people, and to encompass all oceans, seas and lands of Earth, inclusive of non-self governing territories, together with the surrounding atmosphere.

2. The World Government for the Federation of Earth shall be non-military and shall be democratic in its own structure, with ultimate sovereignty residing in all the people who live on Earth.

3. The authority and powers granted to the World Government shall be limited to those defined in this Constitution for the Federation of Earth, applicable to problems and affairs which transcend national boundaries, leaving to national governments jurisdiction over the internal affairs of the respective nations but consistent with the authority of the World Government to protect universal human rights as defined in this World Constitution.

4. The basic direct electoral and administrative units of the World Government shall be World Electoral and Administrative Districts. A total of not more than 1000 World Electoral and Administrative Districts shall be defined, and shall be nearly equal in population, within the limits of plus or minus ten percent.

5. Contiguous World Electoral and Administrative Districts shall be combined as may be appropriate to compose a total of twenty World Electoral and Administrative Regions for the following purposes, but not limited thereto: for the election or appointment of certain world government officials; for administrative purposes; for composing various organs of the world government as enumerated in Article IV; for the functioning of the Judiciary, the Enforcement System, and the Ombudsmus, as well as for the fun ctioning of any other organ or agency of the World Government.

6. The World Electoral and Administrative Regions may be composed of a variable number of World Electoral and Administrative Districts, taking into consideration geographic, cultural, ecological and other factors as well as population.

7. Contiguous World Electoral and Administrative Regions shall be grouped together in pairs to compose Magna-Regions.

8. The boundaries for World Electoral and Administrative Regions shall not cross the boundaries of the World Electoral and Administrative Districts, and shall be common insofar as feasible for the various administrative departments and for the several or gans and agencies of the World Government. Boundaries for the World Electoral and Administrative Districts as well as for the Regions need not conform to existing national boundaries, but shall conform as far as practicable.

9. The World Electoral and Administrative Regions shall be grouped to compose at least five Continental Divisions of the Earth, for the election or appointment of certain world government officials, and for certain aspects of the composition and functioning of the several organs and agencies of the World Government as specified hereinafter. The boundaries of Continental Divisions shall not cross existing national boundaries as far as practicable. Continental Divisions may be composed of a variable number of World Electoral and Administrative Regions.

Article III • Basic Structure of The World Federation and The World Government

Article IV • Organs of the World Government

The organs of the World Government shall be:

1. The World Executive.

2. The World Administration.

3. The Integrative Complex.

4. The World Judiciary.

5. The Enforcement System.

6. The World Ombudsmus.

Article IV • Organs of the World Government

Cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2007, 07:19:51 AM »

Article V • The World Parliament

Sec. A. Functions and Powers of the World Parliament

The functions and powers of the World Parliament shall comprise the following:

1. To prepare and enact detailed legislation in all areas of authority and jurisdiction granted to the World Government under Article IV of this World Constitution.

2. To amend or repeal world laws as may be found necessary or desirable.

3. To approve, amend or reject the international laws developed prior to the advent of World Government, and to codify and integrate the system of world law and world legislation under the World Government.

4. To establish such regulations and directions as may be needed, consistent with this world constitution, for the proper functioning of all organs, branches, departments, bureaus, commissions, institutes, agencies or parts of the World Government.

5. To review, amend and give final approval to each budget for the World Government, as submitted by the World Executive; to devise the specific means for directly raising funds needed to fulfill the budget, including taxes, licenses, fees, globally accounted social and public costs which must be added into the prices for goods and services, loans and credit advances, and any other appropriate means; and to appropriate and allocate funds for all operations and functions of the World Government in accordance with approved budgets, but subject to the right of the Parliament to revise any appropriation not yet spent or contractually committed.

6. To create, alter, abolish or consolidate the departments, bureaus, commissions, institutes, agencies or other parts of the World Government as may be needed for the best functioning of the several organs of the World Government, subject to the specific provisions of this World Constitution.

7. To approve the appointments of the heads of all major departments, commissions, offices, agencies and other parts of the several organs of the World Government, except those chosen by electoral or civil service procedures.

8. To remove from office for cause any member of the World Executive, and any elective or appointive head of any organ, department, office, agency or other part of the World Government, subject to the specific provisions in this World Constitution concerning specific offices.

9. To define and revise the boundaries of the World Electoral and Administrative Districts, the World Electoral and Administrative Regions and Magna Regions, and the Continental Divisions.

10. To schedule the implementation of those provisions of the World Constitution which require implementation by stages during the several stages of Provisional World Government, First Operative Stage of World Government, Second Operative Stage of World Government, and Full Operative Stage of World Government, as defined in Articles XVII and XIX of this World Constitution.

11. To plan and schedule the implementation of those provisions of the World Constitution which may require a period of years to be accomplished.

Sec. B. Composition of the World Parliament

1. The World Parliament shall be composed of three houses, designated as follows: The House of Peoples, to represent the people of Earth directly and equally;

2. The House of Nations, to represent the nations which are joined together in the Federation of Earth; and a

3. House of Counsellors with particular functions to represent the highest good and best interests of humanity as a whole.

4. All members of the World Parliament, regardless of House, shall be designated as Members of the World Parliament.

Sec. C. The House of Peoples

1. The House of Peoples shall be composed of the peoples delegates directly elected in proportion to population from the World Electoral and Administrative Districts, as defined in Article 2-4.

2. Peoples delegates shall be elected by universal adult suffrage, open to all persons of age 18 and above.

3. One peoples delegate shall be elected from each World Electoral and Administrative District to serve a five year term in the House of Peoples. Peoples delegates may be elected to serve successive terms without limit. Each peoples delegate shall have one vote.

4. A candidate for election to serve as a peoples delegate must be at least 21 years of age, a resident for at least one year of the electoral district from which the candidate is seeking election, and shall take a pledge of service to humanity.

Sec. D. The House of Nations

1. The House of Nations shall be composed of national delegates elected or appointed by procedures to be determined by each national government on the following basis:

1. One national delegate from each nation of at least 100,000 population, but less than 10,000,000 population.

2. Two national delegates from each nation of at least 10,000,000 population, but less than 100,000,000 population.

3. Three national delegates from each nation of 100,000,000 population or more.

2. Nations of less than 100,000 population may join in groups with other nations for purposes of representation in the House of Nations.

3. National delegates shall be elected or appointed to serve for terms of five years, and may be elected or appointed to serve successive terms without limit. Each national delegate shall have one vote.

4. Any person to serve as a national delegate shall be a citizen for at least two years of the nation to be represented, must be at least 21 years of age, and shall take a pledge of service to humanity.

cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2007, 07:20:35 AM »

Sec. E. The House of Counsellors

1. The House of Counsellors shall be composed of 200 counsellors chosen in equal numbers from nominations submitted from the twenty World Electoral and Administrative Regions, as defined in Article II-5 and II-6, ten from each Region.
   2. Nominations for members of the House of Counsellors shall be made by the teachers and students of universities and colleges and of scientific academies and institutes within each world electoral and administrative region. Nominees may be persons who are off campus in any walk of life as well as on campus.
   3. Nominees to the House of Counsellors from each World Electoral and Administrative Region shall, by vote taken among themselves, reduce the number of nominees to no less than two times and no more than three times the number to be elected.
   4. Nominees to serve as members of the House of Counsellors must be at least 25 years of age, and shall take a pledge of service to humanity. There shall be no residence requirement, and a nominee need not be a resident of the region from which nominated or elected.
   5. The members of the House of Counsellors from each region shall be elected by the members of the other two houses of the World Parliament from the particular region.
   6. Counsellors shall be elected to serve terms of ten years. One-half of the members of the House of Counsellors shall be elected every five years. Counsellors may serve successive terms without limit. Each Counsellor shall have one vote.

Sec. F. Procedures of the World Parliament

1. Each house of the World Parliament during its first session after general elections shall elect a panel of five chairpersons from among its own members, one from each of five Continental Divisions. The chairpersons shall rotate annually so that each will serve for one year as chief presiding officer, while the other four serve as vice-chairpersons.
   2. The panels of Chairpersons from each House shall meet together, as needed, for the purpose of coordinating the work of the Houses of the World Parliament, both severally and jointly.
   3. Any legislative measure or action may be initiated in either House of Peoples or House of Nations or both concurrently, and shall become effective when passed by a simple majority vote of both the House of Peoples and of the House of Nations, except on those cases where an absolute majority vote or other voting majority is specified in this World Constitution.
   4. In case of deadlock on a measure initiated in either the House of Peoples or House of Nations, the measure shall then automatically go to the House of Counsellors for decision by simple majority vote of the House of Counsellors, except in the cases where other majority vote is required in this World Constitution. Any measure may be referred for decision to the House of Counsellors by a concurrent vote of the other two houses.
   5. The House of Counsellors may initiate any legislative measure, which shall then be submitted to the other two houses and must be passed by simple majority vote of both the House of Peoples and House of Nations to become effective, unless other voting majority is required by some provision of this World Constitution.
   6. The House of Counsellors may introduce an opinion or resolution on any measure pending before either of the other two houses; either of the other houses may request the opinion of the House of Counsellors before acting upon a measure.
   7. Each house of the World Parliament shall adopt its own detailed rules of procedure, which shall by consistent with the procedures set forth in this World Constitution, and which shall be designed to facilitate coordinated functioning of the three hous es.
   8. Approval of appointments by the World Parliament or any house thereof shall require simple majority votes, while removals for cause shall require absolute majority votes.
   9. After the full operative stage of World Government is declared, general elections for members of the World Parliament to the House of Peoples shall be held every five years. The first general elections shall be held within the first two years followin g the declaration of the full operative stage of World Government.
  10. Until the full operative stage of World Government is declared, elections for members of the World Parliament to the House of Peoples may be conducted whenever feasible in relation to the campaign for ratification of this World Constitution.
  11. Regular sessions of the House of Peoples and House of Nations of the World Parliament shall convene on the second Monday of January of each and every Year.
  12. Each nation, according to its own procedures, shall appoint or elect members of the World Parliament to the House of Nations at least thirty days prior to the date for convening the World Parliament in January.
  13. The House of Peoples together with the House of Nations shall elect the members of the World Parliament to the House of Counsellors during the month of January after the general elections. For its first session after general elections, the House of Co unsellors shall convene on the second Monday of March, and thereafter concurrently with the other two houses.
  14. Bi-elections to fill vacancies shall be held within three months from occurrence of the vacancy or vacancies.
  15. The World Parliament shall remain in session for a minimum of nine months of each year. One or two breaks may be taken during each year, at times and for durations to be decided by simple majority vote of the House of Peoples and House of Nations sitting jointly.
  16. Annual salaries for members of the World Parliament of all three houses shall be the same, except for those who serve also as members of the Presidium and of the Executive Cabinet.
  17. Salary schedules for members of the World Parliament and for members of the Presidium and of the Executive Cabinet shall be determined by the World Parliament.

Article V • The World Parliament

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2007, 07:21:28 AM »

Article VI • The World Executive

Sec. A. Functions and Powers of the World Executive

1. To implement the basic system of world law as defined in the World Constitution and in the codified system of world law after approval by the World Parliament.

2. To implement legislation enacted by the World Parliament.

3. To propose and recommend legislation for enactment by the World Parliament.

4. To convene the World Parliament in special sessions when necessary.

5. To supervise the World Administration and the Integrative Complex and all of the departments, bureaus, offices, institutes and agencies thereof.

6. To nominate, select and remove the heads of various organs, branches, departments, bureaus, offices, commissions, institutes, agencies and other parts of the World Government, in accordance with the provisions of this World Constitution and as specifi ed in measures enacted by the World Parliament.

7. To prepare and submit annually to the World Parliament a comprehensive budget for the operations of the World Government, and to prepare and submit periodically budget projections over periods of several years.

8. To define and propose priorities for world legislation and budgetary allocations.

9. To be held accountable to the World Parliament for the expenditures of appropriations made by the World Parliament in accordance with approved and longer term budgets, subject to revisions approved by the World Parliament.

Sec. B. Composition of the World Executive

The World Executive shall consist of a Presidium of five members, and of an Executive Cabinet of from twenty to thirty members, all of whom shall be members of the World Parliament.

Sec. C. The Presidium

1. The Presidium shall be composed of five members, one to be designated as President and the other four to be designated as Vice Presidents. Each member of the Presidium shall be from a different Continental Division.

2. The Presidency of the Presidium shall rotate each year, with each member in turn to serve as President, while the other four serve as Vice Presidents. The order of rotation shall be decided by the Presidium.

3. The decisions of the Presidium shall be taken collectively, on the basis of majority decisions.

4. Each member of the Presidium shall be a member of the World Parliament, either elected to the House of Peoples or to the House of Counsellors, or appointed or elected to the House of Nations.

5. Nominations for the Presidium shall be made by the House of Counsellors. The number of nominees shall be from two to three times the number to be elected. No more than one-third of the nominees shall be from the House of Counsellors or from the House of Nations, and nominees must be included from all Continental Divisions.

6. From among the nominees submitted by the House of Counsellors, the Presidium shall be elected by vote of the combined membership of all three houses of the World Parliament in joint session. A plurality vote equal to at least 40 percent of the total m embership of the World Parliament shall be required for the election of each member to the Presidium, with successive elimination votes taken as necessary until the required plurality is achieved.

7. Members of the Presidium may be removed for cause, either individually or collectively, by an absolute majority vote of the combined membership of the three houses of the World Parliament in joint session.

8. The term of office for the Presidium shall be five years and shall run concurrently with the terms of office for the members as Members of the World Parliament, except that at the end of each five year period, the Presidium members in office shall con tinue to serve until the new Presidium for the succeeding term is elected. Membership in the Presidium shall be limited to two consecutive terms.

Sec. D. The Executive Cabinet

1. The Executive Cabinet shall be composed of from twenty to thirty members, with at least one member from each of the ten World Electoral and Administrative Magna Regions of the world.

2. All members of the Executive Cabinet shall be Members of the World Parliament.

3. There shall be no more than two members of the Executive Cabinet from any single nation of the World Federation. There may be only one member of the Executive Cabinet from a nation from which a Member of the World Parliament is serving as a member of the Presidium.

4. Each member of the Executive Cabinet shall serve as the head of a department or agency of the World Administration or Integrative Complex, and in this capacity shall be designated as Minister of the particular department or agency.

5. Nominations for members of the Executive Cabinet shall be made by the Presidium, taking into consideration the various functions which Executive Cabinets members are to perform. The Presidium shall nominate no more than two times the number to be elected.

6. The Executive Cabinet shall be elected by simple majority vote of the combined membership of all three houses of the World Parliament in joint session.

7. Members of the Executive Cabinet either individually or collectively may be removed for cause by an absolute majority vote of the combined membership of all three houses of the World Parliament sitting in joint session.

8. The term of office in the Executive Cabinet shall be five years, and shall run concurrently with the terms of office for the members as Members of the World Parliament, except that at the end of each five year period, the Cabinet members in office s hall continue to serve until the new Executive Cabinet for the succeeding term is elected. Membership in the Executive Cabinet shall be limited to three consecutive terms, regardless of change in ministerial position.

Sec. E. Procedures of the World Executive

1. The Presidium shall assign the ministerial positions among the Cabinet members to head the several administrative departments and major agencies of the Administration and of the Integrative Complex. Each Vice President may also serve as a Minister to head an administrative department, but not the President. Ministerial positions may be changed at the discretion of the Presidium. A Cabinet member or Vice President may hold more than one ministerial post, but no more than three, providing that no Cabinet member is without a Ministerial post.

2. The Presidium, in consultation with the Executive Cabinet, shall prepare and present to the World Parliament near the beginning of each year a proposed program of world legislation. The Presidium may propose other legislation during the year.

3. The Presidium, in consultation with the Executive Cabinet, and in consultation with the World Financial Administration, (see Article VIII, Sec. G-1-i) shall be responsible for preparing and submitting to the World Parliament the proposed annual budget , and budgetary projections over periods of years.

4. Each Cabinet Member and Vice President as Minister of a particular department or agency shall prepare an annual report for the particular department or agency, to be submitted both to the Presidium and to the World Parliament.

5. The members of the Presidium and of the Executive Cabinet at all times shall be responsible both individually and collectively to the World Parliament.

6. Vacancies occurring at any time in the World Executive shall be filled within sixty days by nomination and election in the same manner as specified for filling the offices originally.

Sec. F. Limitations on the World Executive

1. The World Executive shall not at any time alter, suspend, abridge, infringe or otherwise violate any provision of this World Constitution or any legislation or world law enacted or approved by the World Parliament in accordance with the provisions of this World Constitution.

2. The World Executive shall not have veto power over any legislation passed by the World Parliament.

3. The World Executive may not dissolve the World Parliament or any House of the World Parliament.

4. The World Executive may not act contrary to decisions of the World Courts.

5. The World Executive shall be bound to faithfully execute all legislation passed by the World Parliament in accordance with the provisions of this World Constitution, and may not impound or refuse to spend funds appropriated by the World Parliament, nor spend more funds than are appropriated bt the World Parliament.

6. The World Executive may not transcend or contradict the decisions or controls of the World Parliament, the World Judiciary or the Provisions of this World Constitution by any device of executive order or executive privelege or emergency declaration or decree.

Article VI • The World Executive

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2007, 07:25:23 AM »

Article VII • The World Administration

Sec. A. Functions of the World Administration

1. The World Administration shall be organized to carry out the detailed and continuous administration and implementation of world legislation and world law.

2. The World Administration shall be under the direction of the World Executive, and shall at all times be responsible to the World Executive.

3. The World Administration shall be organized so as to give professional continuity to the work of administration and implementation.

Sec. B. Structure and Procedures of the World Administration

1. The World Administration shall be composed of professionally organized departments and other agencies in all areas of activity requiring continuity of administration and implementation by the World Government.

2. Each Department or major agency of the World Administration shall be headed by a Minister who shall be either a member of the Executive Cabinet or a Vice President of the Presidium.

3. Each Department or major agency of the World Administration shall have as chief of staff a Senior Administrator, who shall assist the Minister and supervise the detailed work of the Department or agency.

4. Each Senior Administrator shall be nominated by the Minister of the particular Department or agency from among persons in the senior lists of the World Civil Service Administration, as soon as senior lists have been established by the World Civil Serv ice Administration, and shall be confirmed by the Presidium. Temporary qualified appointments shall be made by the Ministers, with confirmation by the Presidium, pending establishment of the senior lists.

5. There shall be a Secretary General of the World Administration, who shall be nominated by the Presidium and confirmed by absolute majority vote of the entire Executive Cabinet.

6. The functions and responsibilities of the Secretary General of the World Administration shall be to assist in coordinating the work of the Senior Administrators of the several Departments and agencies of the World Administration. The Secretary General shall at all times be subject to the direction of the Presidium, and shall be directly responsible to the Presidium.

7. The employment of any Senior Administrator and of the Secretary General may be terminated for cause by absolute majority vote of both the Executive Cabinet and Presidium combined, but not contrary to civil service rules which protect tenure on grounds of competence.

8. Each Minister of a Department or agency of the World Administration, being also a Member of the World Parliament, shall provide continuous liaison between the particular Department or agency and the World Parliament, shall respond at any time to any questions or requests for information from the Parliament, including committees of any House of the World Parliament.

9. The Presidium, in cooperation with the particular Ministers in each case, shall be responsible for the original organization of each of the Departments and major agencies of the World Administration.

10. The assignment of legislative measures, constitutional provisions and areas of world law to particular Departments and agencies for administration and implementation shall be done by the Presidium in consultation with the Executive Cabinet and Secretary General, unless specifically provided in legislation passed by the World Parliament.

11. The Presidium, in consultation with the Executive Cabinet, may propose the creation of other departments and agencies to have ministerial status; and may propose the alteration, combination or termination of existing Departments and agencies of ministerial status as may seem necessary or desirable. Any such creation, alteration, combination or termination shall require a simple majority vote of approval of the three houses of the World Parliament in joint session.

12. The World Parliament by absolute majority vote of the three houses in joint session may specify the creation of new departments or agencies of ministerial status in the World Administration, or may direct the World Executive to alter, combine, or terminate existing departments or agencies of ministerial status.

13. The Presidium and the World Executive may not create, establish or maintain any administrative or executive department or agency for the purpose of circumventing control by the World Parliament.

Sec. C. Departments of the World Adminstration

Among the Departments and agencies of the World Administration of ministerial status, but not limited thereto and subject to combinations and to changes in descriptive terminology, shall be those listed under this Section. Each major area of administration shall be headed by a Cabinet Minister and a Senior Administrator, or by a Vice President and a Senior Administrator.

1. Disarmament and War Prevention.

2. Population.

3. Food and Agriculture.

4. Water Supplies and Waterways.

5. Health and Nutrition.

6. Education.

7. Cultural Diversity and the Arts.

8. Habitat and Settlements.

9. Environment and Ecology.

10. World Resources.

11. Oceans and Seabeds.

12. Atmosphere and Space.

13. Energy.

14. Science and Technology.

15. Genetic Research and Engineering.

16. Labor and Income.

17. Economic and Social Development.

18. Commerce and Industry.

19. Transportation and Travel.

20. Multi-National Corporations.

21. Communications and Information.

22. Human Rights.

23. Distributive Justice.

24. World Service Corps.

25. World Territories, Capitals and Parks.

26. Exterior Relations.

27. Democratic Procedures.

28. Revenue.

Article VII • The World Administration

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2007, 07:26:10 AM »

Article VIII • The Integrative Complex

Sec. A. Definition

1. Certain administrative, research, planning and facilitative agencies of the World Government which are particularly essential for the satisfactory functioning of all or most aspects of the World Government, shall be designated as the Integrative Complex. The Integrative Complex shall include the agencies listed under this Section, with the provison that other such agencies may be added upon recommendation of the Presidium followed by decision of the World Parliament.

1. The World Civil Service Administration.

2. The World Boundaries and Elections Administration.

3. The Institute on Governmental Procedures and World Problems.

4. The Agency for Research and Planning.

5. The Agency for Technological and Environmental Assessment.

6. The World Financial Administration.

2. Each agency of the Integrative Complex shall be headed by a Cabinet Minister and a Senior Administrator, or by a Vice President and a Senior Administrator, together with a Commission as provided hereunder. The rules of procedure for each agency shall be decided by majority decision of the Commission members together with the Administrator and the Minister or Vice President.

3. The World Parliament may at any time define further the responsibilities, functioning and organization of the several agencies of the Integrative Complex, consistent with the provisions of Article VIII and other provisions of the World Constitution.

4. Each agency of the Integrative Complex shall make an annual report to the World Parliament and to the Presidium.

Sec. B. The World Civil Service Administration

1. The functions of the World Civil Service Administration shall be the following, but not limited thereto:

1. To formulate and define standards, qualifications, tests, examinations and salary scales for the personnel of all organs, departments, bureaus, offices, commissions and agencies of the World Government, in conformity with the provisions of this World Constitution and requiring approval by the Presidium and Executive Cabinet, subject to review and approval by the World Parliament.

2. To establish rosters or lists of competent personnel for all categories of personnel to be appointed or employed in the service of the World Government.

3. To select and employ upon request by any government organ, department, bureau, office, institute, commission, agency or authorized official, such competent personnel as may be needed and authorized, except for those positions which are made elective or appointive under provisions of the World Constitution or by specific legislation of the World Parliament.

2. The World Civil Service Administration shall be headed by a ten member commission in addition to the Cabinet Minister or Vice President and Senior Administrator. The Commission shall be composed of one commissioner from each of ten World Electoral and Administrative Magna-Regions. The persons to serve as Commissioners shall be nominated by the House of Counsellors and then appointed by the Presidium for five year terms. Commissioners may serve consecutive terms.

Sec. C. The World Boundaries and Elections Administration

1. The functions of the World Boundaries and Elections Administration shall include the following, but not limited thereto:

1. To define the boundaries for the basic World Electoral and Administrative Districts, the World Electoral and Administrative Regions and Magna-Regions, and the Continental Divisions, for submission to the World Parliament for approval by legislative action.

2. To make periodic adjustments every ten or five years, as needed, of the boundaries for the World Electoral and Administrative Districts, the World Electoral and Administrative Regions and Magna-Regions, and of the Continental Divisions, subject to approval by the World Parliament.

3. To define the detailed procedures for the nomination and election of Members of the World Parliament to the House of Peoples and to the House of Counsellors, subject to approval by the World Parliament.

4. To conduct the elections for Members of the World Parliament to the House of Peoples and to the House of Counsellors.

5. Before each World Parliamentary Election, to prepare Voters' Information Booklets which shall summarize major current public issues, and shall list each candidate for elective office together with standard information about each candidate, and give space for each candidate to state his or her views on the defined major issues as well as on any other major issue of choice; to include information on any initiatives or referendums which are to be voted upon; to distribute the Voter's Information Booklets for each World Electoral District, or suitable group of Districts; and to obtain the advice of the Institute on Governmental Procedures and World Problems, the Agency for Research and Planning, and the Agency for Technological and Environmental Assessment in preparing the booklets.

6. To define the rules for world political parties, subject to approval by the World Parliament, and subject to review and recommendations of the World Ombudsmus.

7. To define the detailed procedures for legislative initiative and referendum by the Citizens of Earth, and to conduct voting on supra-national or global initiatives and referendums in conjuction with world parliamentary elections.

8. To conduct plebiscites when requested by other Organs of the World Government, and to make recommendations for the settlement of boundary disputes.

9. To conduct a global census every five years, and to prepare and maintain complete demographic analyses for Earth.

2. The World Boundaries and Elections Administration shall be headed by a ten member commission in addition to the Senior Administrator and the Cabinet Minister or Vice President. The commission shall be composed of one commissioner each from ten World Electoral and Administrative Magna-Regions. The persons to serve as commissioners shall be nominated by the House of Counsellors and then appointed by the World Presidium for five year terms. Commissioners may serve consecutive terms.

Sec. D. Institute on Governmental Procedures and World Problems

1. The functions of the Institute on Governmental Procedures and World Problems shall be as follows, but not limited thereto:

1. To prepare and conduct courses of information, education and training for all personnel in the service of the World Government, including Members of the World Parliament and of all other elective, appointive and civil service personnel, so that every person in the service of the World Government may have a better understanding of the functions, structure, procedures and inter-relationships of the various organs, departments, bureaus, offices, institutes, commissions, agencies and other parts of the Wo rld Government.

2. To prepare and conduct courses and seminars for information, education, discussion, updating and new ideas in all areas of world problems, particularly for Members of the World Parliament and of the World Executive, and for the chief personnel of all organs, departments and agencies of the World Government, but open to all in the service of the World Government.

3. To bring in qualified persons from private and public universities, colleges and research and action organizations of many countries, as well as other qualified persons, to lecture and to be resource persons for the courses and seminars organized by the Institute on Governmental Procedures and World Problems.

4. To contract with private or public universities and colleges or other agencies to conduct courses and seminars for the Institute.

2. The Institute on Governmental Procedures and World Problems shall be supervised by a ten member commission in addition to the Senior Administrator and Cabinet Minister or Vice President. The commission shall be composed of one commissioner each to be named by the House of Peoples, the House of Nations, the House of Counsellors, the Presidium, the Collegium of World Judges, The World Ombudsmus, The World Attorneys General Office, the Agency for Research and Planning, the Agency for Technological and E nvironmental Assessment, and the World Financial Administration. Commissioners shall serve five year terms, and may serve consecutive terms.

cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2007, 07:27:46 AM »

Sec. E. The Agency for Research and Planning

1. The functions of the Agency for Research and Planning shall be as follows, but not limited thereto:

1. To serve the World Parliament, the World Executive, the World Administration, and other organs, departments and agencies of the World Government in any matter requiring research and planning within the competence of the agency.

2. To prepare and maintain a comprehensive inventory of world resources.

3. To prepare comprehensive long-range plans for the development, conservation, re-cycling and equitable sharing of the resources of Earth for the benefit of all people on Earth, subject to legislative action by the World Parliament.

4. To prepare and maintain a comprehensive list and description of all world problems, including their inter-relationships, impact time projections and proposed solutions, together with bibliographies.

5. To do research and help prepare legislative measures at the request of any Member of the World Parliament or of any committee of any House of the World Parliament.

6. To do research and help prepare proposed legislation or proposed legislative programs and schedules at the request of the Presidium or Executive Cabinet or of any Cabinet Minister.

7. To do research and prepare reports at the request of any other organ, department or agency of the World Government.

8. To enlist the help of public and private universities, colleges, research agencies, and other associations and organizations for various research and planning projects.

9. To contract with public and private universities, colleges, research agencies and other organizations for the preparation of specific reports, studies and proposals.

10. To maintain a comprehensive World Library for the use of all Members of the World Parliament, and for the use of all other officials and persons in the service of the World Government, as well as for public information.

2. The Agency for Research and Planning shall be supervised by a ten member commission in addition to the Senior Administrator and Cabinet Minister or Vice President. The commission shall be composed of one commissioner each to be named by the House of P eoples, the House of Nations, the House of Counsellors, the Presidium, the Collegium of World Judges, the Office of World Attorneys General, World Ombudsmus, the Agency for Technological and Environmental Assessment, the Institute on Governmental Procedures and World Problems, and the World Financial Administration. Commissioners shall serve five year terms, and may serve consecutive terms.

Sec. F. The Agency for Technological and Environmental Assessment

1. The functions of the agency for Technological and Environmental Assessment shall include the following, but not limited thereto:

1. To establish and maintain a registration and description of all significant technological innovations, together with impact projections.

2. To examine, analyze and assess the impacts and consequences of technological innovations which may have either significant beneficial or significant harmful or dangerous consequences for human life or for the ecology of life on Earth, or which may require particular regulations or prohibitions to prevent or eliminate dangers or to assure benefits.

3. To examine, analyze and assess environmental and ecological problems, in particular the environmental and ecological problems which may result from any intrusions or changes of the environment or ecological relationships which may be caused by technol ogical innovations, processes of resource development, patterns of human settlements, the production of energy, patterns of economic and industrial development, or other man-made intrusions and changes of the environment, or which may result from natural causes.

4. To maintain a global monitoring network to measure possible harmful effects of technological innovations and environmental disturbances so that corrective measures can be designed.

5. To prepare recommendations based on technological and environmental analyses and assessments, which can serve as guides to the World Parliament, the World Executive, the World Administration, the Agency for Research and Planning, and to the other organs, departments and agencies of the World Government, as well as to individuals in the service of the World Government and to national and local governments and legislative bodies.

6. To enlist the voluntary or contractual aid and participation of private and public universities, colleges, research institutions and other associations and organizations in the work of technological and environmental assessment.

7. To enlist the voluntary or contractual aid and participation of private and public universities and colleges, research institutions and other organizations in devising and developing alternatives to harmful or dangerous technologies and environmentall y disruptive activities, and in devising controls to assure beneficial results from technological innovations or to prevent harmful results from either technological innovations or environmental changes, all subject to legislation for implementation by th e World Parliament.

2. The Agency for Technological and Environmental Assessment shall be supervised by a ten member commission in addition to the Senior Administrator and Cabinet Minister or Vice President. The commission shall be composed of one commissioner from each of ten World Electoral and Administrative Magna-Regions. The persons to serve as commissioners shall be nominated by the House of Counsellors, and then appointed by the World Presidium for five year terms. Commissioners may serve consecutive terms.

cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2007, 07:28:12 AM »

Sec. G. The World Financial Administration

1. The functions of the World Financial Administration shall include the following, but not limited thereto:

1. To establish and operate the procedures for the collection of revenues for the World Government, pursuant to legislation by the World Parliament, inclusive of taxes, globally accounted social and public costs, licenses, fees, revenue sharing arrangeme nts, income derived from supra-national public enterprises or projects or resource developments, and all other sources.

2. To operate a Planetary Accounting Office, and thereunder to make cost/benefit studies and reports of the functioning and activities of the World Government and of its several organs, departments, branches, bureaus, offices, commissions, institutes, ag encies and other parts or projects. In making such studies and reports, account shall be taken not only of direct financial costs and benefits, but also of human, social, environmental, indirect, long-term and other costs and benefits, and of actual or po ssible hazards and damages. Such studies and reports shall also be designed to uncover any wastes, inefficiencies, misapplications, corruptions, diversions, unnecessary costs, and other possible irregularities.

3. To make cost/benefit studies and reports at the request of any House or committee of the World Parliament, and of the Presidium, the Executive Cabinet, the World Ombudsmus, the Office of World Attorneys General, the World Supreme Court, or of any administrative department or any agency of the Integrative Complex, as well as upon its own initiative.

4. To operate a Planetary Comptrollers Office and thereunder to supervise the disbursement of the funds of the World Government for all purposes, projects and activities duly authorized by this World Constitution, the World Parliament, the World Executive, and other organs, departments and agencies of the World Government.

5. To establish and operate a Planetary Banking System, making the transition to a common global currency, under the terms of specific legislation passed by the World Parliament.

6. Pursuant to specific legislation enacted by the World Parliament, and in conjunction with the Planetary Banking System, to establish and implement the procedures of a Planetary Monetary and Credit System based upon useful productive capacity and performance, both in goods and services. Such a monetary and credit system shall be designed for use within the Planetary Banking System for the financing of the activities and projects of the World Government, and for all other financial purposes approved by the World Parliament, without requiring the payment of interest on bonds, investments or other claims of financial ownership or debt.

7. To establish criteria for the extension of financial credit based upon such considerations as people available to work, usefulness, cost/benefit accounting, human and social values, environmental health and esthetics, minimizing disparities, integrity, competent management, appropriate technology, potential production and performance.

8. To establish and operate a Planetary Insurance System in areas of world need which transcend national boundaries and in accordance with legislation passed by the World Parliament.

9. To assist the Presidium as may be requested in the technical preparation of budgets for the operation of the World Government.

2. The World Financial Administration shall be supervised by a commission of ten members, together with a Senior Administrator and a Cabinet Minister or Vice President. The commission shall be composed of one commissioner each to be named by the House of Peoples, the House of Nations, the House of Counsellors, the Presidium, the Collegium of World Judges, the Office of Attorneys General, the World Ombudsmus, the Agency for Research and Planning, the Agency for Technological and Environmental Assessment, and the Institute on Governmental Procedures and World Problems. Commissioners shall serve terms of five years, and may serve consecutive terms.

Sec. H. Commission for Legislative Review

1. The functions of the Commission for Legislative Review shall be to examine World Legislation and World Laws which the World Parliament enacts or adopts from the previous Body of International Law for the purpose of analyzing whether any particular legislation or law has become obsolete or obstructive or defective in serving the purposes intended; and to make recommendations to the World Parliament accordingly for repeal or amendment or replacement.

2. The Commission for Legislative Review shall be composed of twelve members, including two each to be elected by the House of Peoples, the House of Nations, the House of Counsellors, the Collegium of World Judges, the World Ombudsmus and the Presidium. Members of the Commission shall serve terms of ten years, and may be re-elected to serve consecutive terms. One half of the Commission members after the Commission is first formed shall be elected every five years, with the first terms for one half of the members to be only five years.

Article VIII • The Integrative Complex

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the