Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:36:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  2 Timothy 3:16 KJV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 Timothy 3:16 KJV  (Read 15739 times)
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2003, 01:25:01 AM »

Wow talk about twisting, misunderstanding, and adding to what's no there.  You seem to be good at that aren't ya?  I might suggest taking some basic grammar classes as you either have the worst case of brain farts between your brain and fingers or you just have no command of the english language.

I'm not going to show you how all of what you said is pretty much wrong, but here's a couple.

Adam did no creating whatsoever.  I didn't see Adam pick up some dirt form Cain and blow breath into his nose making him "alive".  

"There's nothing new under the sun",  wow Sherlock you're pretty quick huh?  Let's see, considering that God created the sun and everything under it, I suppose nothing would be new to Him, without even adding the fact that God exists outside of time.  If one has no boundries to time then things don't happen in "sequence" as we know them.  Hence "Christ was the lamb slain before the foundation of the earth.  Maybe you should think about this also.  Has it ever occured to you that nothing occurs to God?  You also think that you have a part in your salvation and that your works will keep it or lose it.

When you can type good coherent sentences why don't you come back and try again.  I don't think you understand english enough to get too deep into things.  Next you'll start telling me that there was a whole creation before the earth and that God really lives on the planet Nibiru.   Roll Eyes

PastorTom
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2003, 04:52:34 PM »

Our church confesses the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired Word of God, through which God still speaks, and as the only source of the Church's doctrine and the authoritative standard for the faith and life of the Church.

We believe that the Word of God is living, active, powerful, and life changing (Gen 1; Jn 1.1-14; 2 Cor 3.6; Heb 4.12).  At its heart, the Word of God refers to the Gospel, the "Good News" of Jesus Christ.

What then is the Word of God?  The Word is the gospel of God concerning his Son, who was made flesh, suffered, rose from the dead, and was glorified through the Spirit who sanctifies.  To preach Christ means to feed the soul, make it righteous, set it free and save it, provided it believes the preaching.  Faith alone is the saving and efficacious use of the Word of God.

This is why we place such emphasis on preaching.  Christ did not command the apostles to write, but only to preach and the church is a mouth house, not a pen house.  In other words, we come to church not just to read words on a page but to hear God's living Word speaking to us personally.  This Word of God - preached, believed and professed - is what makes Christians distinctive and recognizable.

But we are speaking of the external Word, preached orally by people like you and me, for this is what Christ left behind as an external sign by which his church, or his Christian people in the world, should be recognized.  We also speak of this external Word as it is sincerely believed and openly professed before the world.

Because the Bible contains the Gospel, we believe it is the Word of God in written form.  We read the Bible always focussing first and foremost on the Gospel.  Whenever we look at a passage of the Bible, we ask:  Where is the Good News of God's love in Christ in this text?  In this way, the Bible is the living, active, powerful and life changing "inspired Word of God, through which God still speaks."

We try to relate the Gospel message found in the Bible to real life situations of people today.  This is a matter of deeds (living according to the Gospel day by day) as well as words.

We try to understand the Bible within the historical context in which it was written.  We see the importance of scholarly historical study of the Bible.

We try to read the Bible in keeping with Christian tradition and with the wider consensus of the church.  We do not claim to have discovered a "new" teaching/message in the Bible.

It is more important to take the Bible seriously that to take it "literally."  Indeed, sometimes people who claim to take the Bible "literally" end up trivializing its message.  (For example, the point of the book of Jonah is not whether or not a human being can possibly be swallowed by a big fish:  rather, it is to love and forgive our enemies the way that God does.)
John the Baptist
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2003, 07:47:44 PM »

John here: Saved_4ever Huh First comes CONVERSION! If that is not understood, then try.. 'Ye MUST BE BORN AGAIN'.
And I will leave that with the forum to decide? It surely does not take much 'meat of the Word' to read your stuff.

I realize thast some are still not to the 'milk' of the Word even. Still sucking on the pacifier!

And about telling you .. 'that next you will tell me that there is a whole creation before earth..' Huh Huh  Cry

Look 'big stuff', if you would live by Matt. 4:4, you would KNOW that God Himself said so.

"Hath in these, last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom he hath appointed heir of ALL THINGS, [BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS:" (do you know what the last letter of 's' means? Heb. 1:2

Lets see if we can find another 's' on Christs creation? His WORD says:
"Throught FAITH (and you did not even know this, wow!) we understand that the [WORLD'S'] were framed by the WORD OF GOD ..." Heb. 11:3

But: In ALL fairness, this forum looks like a graveyard, and I suspect that it is your loving sweet Saved_4ever and VERY d-e-a-d missives that have driven most 'seekers' off!  Cry
---John
Wow talk about twisting, misunderstanding, and adding to what's no there.  You seem to be good at that aren't ya?  I might suggest taking some basic grammar classes as you either have the worst case of brain farts between your brain and fingers or you just have no command of the english language.

I'm not going to show you how all of what you said is pretty much wrong, but here's a couple.

Adam did no creating whatsoever.  I didn't see Adam pick up some dirt form Cain and blow breath into his nose making him "alive".  

"There's nothing new under the sun",  wow Sherlock you're pretty quick huh?  Let's see, considering that God created the sun and everything under it, I suppose nothing would be new to Him, without even adding the fact that God exists outside of time.  If one has no boundries to time then things don't happen in "sequence" as we know them.  Hence "Christ was the lamb slain before the foundation of the earth.  Maybe you should think about this also.  Has it ever occured to you that nothing occurs to God?  You also think that you have a part in your salvation and that your works will keep it or lose it.

When you can type good coherent sentences why don't you come back and try again.  I don't think you understand english enough to get too deep into things.  Next you'll start telling me that there was a whole creation before the earth and that God really lives on the planet Nibiru.   Roll Eyes
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2003, 02:00:12 AM »

You are still clueless as ever.  HHMMM I wonder worlds, plural that wouldn't happen to corrolate to the universe and the several PLANETS OR maybe WORLDS EVEN hhhmmm.  Someone's little brain works overtime on simple issues always missing the bigger one it seems.  I suppose next you tell me that the "our image" in genesis refers to several other beings and such as opposed the obvious Godhead.  What's next from you?  Are you going to start preaching like a Jehovah's witness?  Yer gettin close there buddy.

This board is far from dead and if you counted on anything other than yourself for salvation you'd know, but alas you have no grip on the english language and so you con not seem to grasp what the WORD says.

asaph
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2003, 03:23:11 AM »

An observation on your observation. If Paul did indeed write 2 Tim. (most scholars don't believe that he did) it seems unlikely that he would consider his own letters 'scripture', since the New Testament was still far in the future.
GarColga,
I don't know what scholars you are refering to but let me refer you to the scholar Peter:
2Pe 3:15  And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16  As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter, by implication, says Pauls epistles are scripture equal to the other scriptures.

asaph
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 03:25:48 AM by asaph » Logged
John the Baptist
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2003, 09:18:16 AM »

(removed)
John here: No gripe of the english language??

-----Quote----
  V
Yer gettin close there buddy.

This board is far from dead and if you counted on anything other than yourself for salvation you'd know, but alas you
                                                                  V
have no grip on the english language and so you con not seem to grasp what the WORD says.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2003, 10:30:47 AM »

John here: No gripe of the english language??

Apperently not as I said you have no GRIP, GRASP of the english language.  I never said anything about a gripe, which is a completely different word.

GarColga

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2003, 12:16:20 PM »

GarColga,
I don't know what scholars you are refering to but let me refer you to the scholar Peter:
2Pe 3:15  And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16  As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter, by implication, says Pauls epistles are scripture equal to the other scriptures.

asaph

LOL! Well, 2 Peter is also widely believed, even by some Evangelical scholars, to be the work of an anonymous writer in the 2nd century! Even Bruce Metzger, a very conservative Bible scholar, has said:

"Although the author of this letter calls himself "Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ" (1:1), and makes reference to his being present at the transfiguration of Jesus Christ (1:18), several features of its style and contents have led nearly all modern scholars to regard it as the work of an unknown author of the early second century who wrote in Peter's name....In light of such internal and external evidence one must conclude that 2 Peter was drawn up sometime after A.D. 100 by an admirer of Peter who wrote under the name of the great apostle in order to give his letter greater authority".
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 12:41:41 PM by GarColga » Logged
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2003, 05:27:34 PM »

1 and 2 Timothy begin what is often referred to as the "Church Epistles" or "Pastoral Epistles". The letters to Timothy and Titus are written to give instruction concerning church order, doctrine and discipline.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2003, 05:33:51 PM »

We can also look at the order of Paul's Epistles as "milk to meat" with the basic information given first and then each book after adds to the previous knowledge given.

Yet another way:

Cross

Romans
Corinthians

(Faith)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Church

Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
(Love)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Coming

Thessalonians

(Hope)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Congregation

Timothy
Titus
Philemon
(Fellowship)

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
GarColga

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2003, 09:25:51 PM »

Well you are relentless, Ambassador4Christ, I'll give you that. Are you going to copy and paste from that website all through this thread? I'll save you the trouble & just post a link so it can be read all at once:

http://www.bereanworkman.com/books/rom_phile/order.htm
John the Baptist
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2003, 08:34:33 AM »

Forum:
Ask yourself if a [Christian site] would ALLOW ILLEGAL going's on, on a [CHRISTIAN SITE?] (we know that God is being quenched & Grieved by this)

The below post is an open & shut case! One of the two are perhaps even jesuits? Can there be any worse that that? Yes, one of the TWO are [OPENLY THUMBING THEIR NOSE AT CHRIST!] by STEALING anothers work!  Read Eze. 8:18-17 ending of, 'and, lo, they put the branch to their nose'.  

My prayer is, that if the 'Christian site' will not remove the offender permenantly, then I pray that God will. 1 Peter 4:17

And if not? Then perhaps ALL real Christians will will show their 'real Christian men' MORALS & seeing that most Christians are leaving the site here because of this kind of PROFESSION, THEY WILL DO THE SAME!!

----John  
Well you are relentless, Ambassador4Christ, I'll give you that. Are you going to copy and paste from that website all through this thread? I'll save you the trouble & just post a link so it can be read all at once:

Corpus
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2003, 08:44:03 AM »

John,

Goodness, what ARE you GOING on ABOUT??

No OFFENSE here MY friend, BUT you REALLY ought TO organize YOUR thoughts MORE clearly BEFORE posting.

And PLEASE give UP the CAPS thing. AS you CAN see, IT gets KIND of ANNOYING after A while.
John the Baptist
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2003, 08:52:57 AM »

Forum:
Ask yourself if a [Christian site] would ALLOW ILLEGAL going's on, on a [CHRISTIAN SITE?] (we know that God is being quenched & Grieved by this)

The below post is an open & shut case! One of the two are perhaps even jesuits? Can there be any worse that that? Yes, one of the TWO are [OPENLY THUMBING THEIR NOSE AT CHRIST!] by STEALING anothers work!  Read Eze. 8:18-17 ending of, 'and, lo, they put the branch to their nose'.  

My prayer is, that if the 'Christian site' will not remove the offender permenantly, then I pray that God will. 1 Peter 4:17

And if not? Then perhaps ALL real Christians will will show their 'real Christian men' MORALS & seeing that most Christians are leaving the site here because of this kind of PROFESSION, THEY WILL DO THE SAME!!

See Jeremiah 23:28-31 Cry

"THEREFORE, BEHOLD, I AM AGAINST THE PROPHETS, THAT [STEAL MY WORDS EVERY ONE FROM HIS NEIGHBOR]. BEHOLD,
I AM AGAINST THE PROPHET, SAITH THE LORD,THAT USE [THEIR TONGUE, AND SAY HE SAITH.]" Check Obadia 16 for *their END of the law!  

----John  

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2003, 10:19:17 AM »

Thanks for the link, I never saw this one, a lot of good studies on it. I get a lot of e-mail studies sent to me and do not know who writes them all. Thanks again.  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the