Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:29:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  2 Timothy 3:16 KJV
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 Timothy 3:16 KJV  (Read 15694 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2003, 01:49:23 PM »

(2 Timothy 3:16 KJV) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Have you ever NOTICED THE "ORDER" of the words in II Timothy 3:16 in RELATION to Paul's epistles?

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is PROFITABLE:

for DOCTRINE
for REPROOF
for CORRECTION
for INSTRUCTION in righteousness
Now look at the how Paul's Epistles are placed in the Bible:

Romans ----doctrine
1 and 2 Corinthians ---- reproof
Galatians ---- correction
Ephesians ---- doctrine
Philippians ---- reproof
Colossians ---- correction
1 and 2 Thessalonians ---- doctrine
1 and 2 Timothy ---- instruction
Titus and Philemon ---- instruction

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 02:50:27 PM »

Interesting...

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ollie
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 03:14:51 PM »

Interesting...
DITTO!     Grin

A very good observation on someones part if it be a true observation.  Cool
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 03:44:11 PM »

Interesting...
DITTO!     Grin

Huh     Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
ollie
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 06:48:43 AM »

Interesting...
DITTO!     Grin

Huh     Grin
It is a good post and gives much thought for reflection on the word of God and the message contained therein.

I have to study more to see if those books do truly reflect what you say or what someone else is saying if this is a copy.

However it is good food for thought.

Thanks,
Ollie
John the Baptist
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 06:19:05 PM »

John here:
I thought that the verse stated ALL SCRIPTURE? Just New Testament includes all? Huh

Then Christ says to live by EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD. Matt. 4:4

I am sorry, but in Peter's 'wordings' of inspiration it seems that 2 Peter 3:15-17 is also of quality importance! Any Doctrine with out the Old Testament, is NOT EVERLASTING GOSPEL! No way! See Isaiah 8:20
---John

PS: I thought your observation of added.. 'If it be true Doctrine' hit the nail on the head!
Interesting...
DITTO!     Grin

GarColga

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2003, 07:32:23 PM »

An observation on your observation. If Paul did indeed write 2 Tim. (most scholars don't believe that he did) it seems unlikely that he would consider his own letters 'scripture', since the New Testament was still far in the future.
John the Baptist
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2003, 09:54:55 PM »

Hi, John here:
I do not  expect you to see this as I do, OK? I SEE IT AS THE WORD OF GOD. [ALL OF IT-66 Books recorded finally]. The Word says that the Gospel is EVERLASTING! And the Word says that the Covenant IS EVERLASTING! (ETERNAL) Rev. 14:6 & Heb. 13:20.

Was it written yet, that is of no concern to me. For I even believe that Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15 states that there is NO NEW THING UNDER THE SUN. You see, Adam was tested, & I believe before Adam, there was a testing for ALL of the plural ones of Heb.'s world's'! And even the angels were nothing NEW, they were tested also, and what happened? And man was made in the image of God? God was 'the' creator, Yet he made it so man was a type of creator, or pro/creator. (children)

One more? OK Smiley, Cain was Adams first born, or 'his' creation, so who was the Master's first creation? Cain fell, so did Christ's first creation, LUCIFFER!

So, you see, 'i' do not expect you to follow my FAITH & BELIEF. Nor to keep up with my faith. But lets do try one more! Matt. 25:1 is likened to the Kingdom of *Heaven! With  5 wise & 5 foolish VIRGINS. (pure Doctrines)
50% split in faith & rebellion. 1/3 were finally cast unto earth. From 1/3 to 1/2 are the percentage that the EVERLASTING GOSPEL saved in the FAITH of Christ's FUTURE mission completed in due coarse. See Heb. 11 for comparrison, verse 13?
Wow, huh? Yet, this is the way 'i' read Rom. 4:17's last part.

That is what 'i' believe! But it does not even stop there! Christ said that in the LAST days that knowledge would be increased! (Yet, the bible has already been in print, huh?) And in Hosea 4:6 His WORD states that IF WE REJECT KNOWLEDGE HE WILL REJECT THEE! FACT! Same truth, but just magnified! See Isa. 42:21 perhaps?
So, you see, we just come from different 'tribes' hopefully? Wink
---John
An observation on your observation. If Paul did indeed write 2 Tim. (most scholars don't believe that he did) it seems unlikely that he would consider his own letters 'scripture', since the New Testament was still far in the future.
GarColga

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2003, 10:27:00 PM »

You know, I read your post  and was actually surprised to see at the bottom that you were responding to me! What in the world are you going on about?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2003, 10:27:50 PM by GarColga » Logged
ollie
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2003, 08:48:45 AM »

This is a statement by Paul as to how he regarded his epistles, (letters).

1 Corinthians 14:37.  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2003, 08:58:44 AM »

This is a statement by Paul as to how he regarded his epistles, (letters).

1 Corinthians 14:37.  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

DITTO  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

teddybear
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2003, 06:44:02 AM »

2 Timothy 3;16-This refers to the supernatural guidance of the writers of Scripture by the Spirit of God,so that what they wrote was the divine Word of God,transcribed accurately,reliably,and without error in the original manuscripts (autographs).The word inspirations itself pictures God breathing out His Word to men. Illustration;Not everything written by an apostle or a prophet was necessarily inspired.Paul wrote at least three epistles to the Corinthians,but apparently only two were an inspired record (1 Cor.5;9).Samuel,Nathan,and Gad each wrote accounts of David's life;only one of these prophets produced an inspired record (1 Chr.29;29).
Application;Since the Scriptures are given to help Christians grow in maturity,they should rely upon them for doctrine,reproof,correction,and instruction in righteousness (right living).

Inspiration of God (Gr.theopneustos,lit.,God -breathed ) describes the unique character of Scripture.It is not only written by men,but authored by God.For doctrine means to tell one what to believe.For reproof means to tell one what is wrong.For correction means to tell one how to correct wrong.For instruction in righteousness means to tell one how to live.
Perfect (Gr.artios,proficient,capable) is having everything needed to do what God wants.Thoroughly furnished means throughly equipped.God's inspired Word,properly used and applied,provides all we need for life and ministry.

God Bless.
John the Baptist
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2003, 08:51:30 AM »

We have what man call the four Gospels. None are alike in wordings! Inspired of the Holy Ghost does not mean in the language that man 'see' the inspiration. He chooses his own wordings for expression. Unless one thinks that God uses some words such as seen in 1 Sam. 25:22 & others.. + Heb. 12:8?
----John
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2003, 05:54:15 AM »

One more? OK , Cain was Adams first born, or 'his' creation, so who was the Master's first creation? Cain fell, so did Christ's first creation, LUCIFFER!

I like to see you prove that one there guy.  I see where you are coming from now.  It makes sense why you are so lost now.

John the Baptist
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2003, 08:48:35 AM »

Hi, John here:
Good, finally after 'months' of print, you are finally 'seeing' some of God's other 180 degree's of light?  Smiley So lets see if you can [really] believe God from here on or not?? You know, 'real' FAITH.

You want PROOF. Proof you WILL GET. But only 'IF' you can see! For when Christ comes He asks.. WILL I FIND FAITH ON EARTH?? And you DO BELIEVE THAT QUESTION OF HIS,
right Huh
You know the old saying? God Said it, & I believe it, & that SETTLES IT FOR ME? (or is that old testament too?)

OK: Who was before Adam & Eve? Heb. tell's us of other Worlds, the 's' IS plural. But we want the VERY FIRST of Gods creation!? Eze. 28 says about Luciffer, that he was PERFECT in the days that thou was CREATED'. (he fell from 'GRACE' by the way! and was cast out of heaven down to earth, with his helpers. Matt. 25:1-2)

OK: God created here on earth Adam & Eve. In '*OUR IMAGE' no less, THEY say. They were creators, and Adam & Eve were created so that THEY could be (TWO) pro/creators. (you know, the birds & bee's?)

Anyway, Adam & Eve had a FIRST son that rebelled. We could go on all day about the LOVE that they must have had for him? And ALSO about his beauty & his intelligence. But you being shallow in faith so far, (see Heb. 5) might call [God's Word], mere speculation? But NOTICE CLOSELY these verses again, and test everything in His Word with them. But remember that because there are a couple of times that history does not REPEAT, THEY ALWAYS tell you these times because there are so FEW OF THEM! Na. 1:9 & the RAINBOW for starters.

Now NOTICE WHAT INSPIRATION SAYS: (with emphasis & in part)

"The THING that HAS BEEN, IT IS THE THING WHICH SHALL BE; and THAT WHICH IS DONE IS THAT WHICH SHALL BE DONE: and THERE [IS NO NEW THING UNDER] HEAVEN" Ecc. 1:9

------Who was Adam & Eve's first pro/created one that fell? Who does God tell us CLEARLY in the above verse that was His first creation that fell? The GodHead's first created one had the highest possibly POSITION in the Universe & was LOVED DEARLY because of his being their FIRST of creation! (THINK! Everlasting Gospel & Everlasting Covenant-AND THINK CHARACTER DEVELOPEMENT!)

God said it & I believe it, and that SETTLES IT FOR ME! But, can a person created in the IMAGE of GOD have [THINKING] privaliges?? (that is also FAITH, huh?) OK: Lets check to see if the GodHead are CONSISTANT?  Smiley

Verse 10 ibide:
"IS THERE [ANYTHING] WHEREOF IT MAY BE SAID, SEE, THIS IS NEW? IT HATH BEEN [ALREADY OF OLD TIME, WHICH WAS BEFORE US]:.." (it is good that God did not pause to let you birds get you 2003 year old knowledge added in here, huh?)    

Surely: 'IF' one REALLY BELIEVED GOD, they could clear up most of theologies questions! Think of the Heb. 6:6's second time prophecy! Think of the two witnesses of Rev. (N.T. & O.T.)  THINK OF TWO VIRGIN DENOMINATION THAT WERE LEFT DESOLATE! Think of THE [SECOND] COMING. Think of Matt. 24:14's *SECOND time REQUIREMENT! And on & on! O'yes, what was the TESTING just before they were to enter their land of Cannan in Ex, 16?)   Wink

Perhaps God made a mistake, That surely helps your faith, huh? God can be WRONG! WOW!! Cry Cry

So, lets seeeee? HE REPEATS IT AGAIN FOR THE HARDHEAD ONES, LIKE MOST!?

Eccl. 3:5 He says:
"That which HATH BEEN [IS NOW]; and THAT WHICH [IS TO BE HATH ALREADY BEEN; AND *GOD REQUIRETH THAT WHICH IS PAST.]"

And your remark of: 'It makes sense why you are so lost now'!
Your message has God's name recorded on it in the heavenly Record Books! These SCRIPTUAL WORDS ARE HIS! (not mine) But, WHAT IS NEW, HE ASKS???
---John

One more? OK , Cain was Adams first born, or 'his' creation, so who was the Master's first creation? Cain fell, so did Christ's first creation, LUCIFFER!

I like to see you prove that one there guy.  I see where you are coming from now.  It makes sense why you are so lost now.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 03:23:20 PM by John the Baptist » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the