Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:44:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Testimony
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Testimony  (Read 1802 times)
JetHeelz

I don't really want to be a llama

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2004, 01:23:12 PM »

Hi everybody. For those of you I have not met yet, I am Steven. I joined the boards here yesterday. I have felt led to give my testimony here. I hope it does not bore you to death....
I am 26 years old. I am a native North Carolinean, the son of a Baptist minister. Needless to say I have moved alot in my life as a result of my father's ministry. In that time I have been to many churches, communities, even done missionary work. I have lived overseas and have experienced first hand how God works across the world. I have had a wonderful homelife with two of the greatest parents anyone could hope for. So there is my background.
When I moved back from overseas, my life began to take new meaning. I had been saved since I was 6, but only when I got older I realized what it truly meant.
After I graduated high school and went to college I was really at a point where I did not know what I wanted to do with my life. I didn't take my school seriously and after my freshman year I left. I began to take classes at community college and working. I went on with this for 2 years, and now I am still finishing up to make up the time I wasted earlier.
During that time I endured some hardships. I had met the "right girl" twice....both times ending in her getting pregnant by another guy and leaving me. At that point I figured God either had someone else for me or no one at all. For the longest time I was convinced it was the ladder.
I was tired of being alone, because I got sick of seeing couples together happy, while I was brokenhearted and lonely.
I prayed constantly for someone, but never met that person.
Until last August, I met the woman that God wanted me to be with. Her name is Jill, and she is my best friend in the world. I know she is right for me, because everything has just fallen into place so perfectly, and I feel good with her in a way I never have with anyone previously. God definately wants me to be with her.  Now I know first hand that things work out for a reason, or do not work out for a reason. God is at work, even when we don't see it.
So now I am currently a senior in college and about to finish up a degree in criminal justice. I am planning on working as a criminal investigator and a juvenile probation officer. Jill and I are planning on getting married next year, and things are going good. I still pray everyday for God to show me His direction for my life, but I feel ever so confident that I am heading in the right way.
Thank you for reading my testimony. God bless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the