Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:48:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Music (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  POD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: POD  (Read 2707 times)
JetHeelz

I don't really want to be a llama

View Profile
POD
« on: March 24, 2004, 11:33:16 AM »

POD, or "Payable on Death." I have to admit when I first heard their music I was not attracted to it because it is spiritual. This group is a fantastic rock band with alot of talent. It may seem like hard rock to some, but once you listen to some of their songs and get their message it can really be uplifting. Songs like "Youth of the Nation" and "Alive" tell personal stories about growing up and learning to trust in Him. If you like rock and you want a spiritual message, I recommend POD. They are by far one of the best modern Christian rock groups out there today.
Anyone else listen to them??
Avex11

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 02:08:51 PM »

Pod has sold out, or least thats my opion!

I love thier old stuff

but thier new stuff is so radicaly different!!!!

it seems everytime they get a larger recrod deal, the christian values (that used to be so prominatly shown) are pushed aside!

I understand that bands get pressured into making some stuff they may not be really what they want, but i think that they should forget about the money and go back to a purly Christian band. After all it's God who gave them everything they have.

O well thats my 2 cents
++Blood Bought++

Hmmmm....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 03:14:28 PM »

I totally agree, avex11. They sold out and I just can't listen to them anymore. Actually, I hated their cd Satellite. They're not all that hard really. I wasn't too impressed with their cd. and true, Alive is a good song. I thought it was about God and stuff, but their video on MTV is definitely not proclaiming that message.

After seeing that video, and how much they've changed, I would never recommend POD to anybody, especially a Christian, simply because they are not a group of musicians to look up to. And that's my opnion. Smiley

++If the human race were across the sea, what a good swimmer God would be++
ghostdog

Baleeted!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 07:34:42 PM »

Brown is definetly their best CD. I know what you guys are saying about selling out but I do think that they are reaching more and more folks out there. I just wish they still made music like Brown (and even some of the stuff from TFEOS). They should've came out with the hardcore tracks for singles instead of the ballad/party time stuff.  

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 03:15:15 AM »

Anyone else listen to them??

I have never heard of them....   Undecided

Avex11

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 09:54:08 PM »

Woo hoo people agree with me!

Although i dont know them, i cant decide if they fell away from god, or weren't christian in the first place! I can't ever think of my band forgeting our christian values to sell more records. I just hope that they turn back, and start doing what switchfoot is doing (not a major fan of thier music BUT love how thier taking thier popularity and usuing it to tell people about christ.)

O well......

-rawk-

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 05:04:52 PM »

I have to say i agree with you Axe in a way. I think that POD isnt what they used to be but im surprised to hear people putting down Satellite. I think The Messenjah is my favortie POD song ever and im really surprised to hear that someone would say they like POD and not that CD. As far as selling out i think you guys are being a little too harsh. They may not be what they used to be but they still have some good meanings behind even some of there newer songs. They may have just had a small slump but i dont think they have completely sold out.
METAL ME

choose this day whom you will serve

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 10:57:13 PM »

(CHRIST- Jah flesh; CHRIST- Light within; CHRIST- Beginning and the end

CHRIST- Witness; CHRIST- Living one; CHRIST- First and the last

CHRIST- Word life; CHRIST-Resurrect; CHRIST-Everlasting Jah)

"Portrait" from "SATELLITE" by P.O.D

..........Sold out?!?  Roll Eyes

Aiden

I seek Truth, I seek God.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 10:53:19 PM »

I haven't seen/heard anything to show that POD isn't completely for God. While their lyrics may not always be explicitly Christian, they need not be. Just because they change their style doesn't mean they did it to sell more records. If we are going to be concerned with rumors then we should remember that the old guitarist, Marcos was the name I believe, was asked to leave because he wasn't truly sold out to God. Vagueness or rather, non-blatantly christian songs should not be taken as evidence of lack of rightness with God. And even their recent CD's have great messages. Take care and always love.

-Aiden-
Ralf

Hooray for the axolotl!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 04:41:50 PM »

I did a bit of research on POD when I was in grade 11 for my christians studies class and I'd already heard this before. POD aren't really about singing much about christianity. However they are strong christians and they are willing to admit it. Some of their songs have a bit of a christian feel but that's about it.

-Ralf
RichkCt

Jesus is ALIVE and Well

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 10:49:35 AM »

Pod has sold out, or least thats my opion!

I love thier old stuff

but thier new stuff is so radicaly different!!!!

it seems everytime they get a larger recrod deal, the christian values (that used to be so prominatly shown) are pushed aside!

I understand that bands get pressured into making some stuff they may not be really what they want, but i think that they should forget about the money and go back to a purly Christian band. After all it's God who gave them everything they have.

O well thats my 2 cents

I think POD and bands like Switchfoot have both sold out. I will quote the lead singer from Petra  "When You Crossover, bring the Cross Over. No compromiises

In Christ
Rich
Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 08:18:33 AM »

Brown is definetly their best CD. I know what you guys are saying about selling out but I do think that they are reaching more and more folks out there. I just wish they still made music like Brown (and even some of the stuff from TFEOS). They should've came out with the hardcore tracks for singles instead of the ballad/party time stuff.  

The way to reach out to people is not to become more like the world. But to be seen to be different from the world. The most common mistake made by all these christian rock bands. Poor immitations of the worlds music, laughed to scorn by metal fans everywhere I'm sure.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Avex11

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 08:01:28 PM »

I completely agree with bern, Though sad to say, Christian music alot of times is just an imatation of a cecullar band, Many times not doing it well. I think part of the probelm is the mentallity (I want to make a christian band that sounds like Incubus but with christian lyrics) while it should be (I want to make a christian band and have it contain a certain atribute (ex: The drumming style) of Incubus)
This allows for not only an orginal sound, but it also doesnt restrict your band. At least thats the reason why i think alot of christian bands fail, they try to be to much like another secullar band
Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 08:31:58 AM »

People often buy stuff simply because it has been labelled as Christian, so they think it must be ok. Its like going into a Christian bookshop and just buying any old book off the shelf because its in that shop. There are many things sold in the name of Christ, but not all of them are the genuine article.

2 Peter 2:3  And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Now this passage is talking of false teachers... but we find people promoting a false gospel everywhere. Now before I get jumped on.. I didn't say that POD or any band in particular are doing this. But we do need to be wise. If the Holy Spirit warns you about something, but you just ignore him because you don't like what He's saying, eventually He will stop warning you. This is how people fall into deception.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Blessed Men

Isa. 40:31

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 04:00:40 AM »

Hi, i eventually bumped with this forum & did not hesitate to join & share some insights & thoughts.With regards to the POD, they actually a secular band (a rastafarianism believing band) but branded as contemporary christian rock band. There's a christian review about them & with God's Grace i'll provided you a link:

http://www.av1611.org/crock/pod.html
http://www.av1611.org/crock/crockex1.html

I dont know about u guys if you will believe in it or not.But as for me & only for me, Christ-believers should shine & show good testimony for as what the bible says in Matthew 7:20, "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

That's All..God Bless Cool

I'am blessed...coz CHRIST is with me!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the