Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:40:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  my children going into Public school
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: my children going into Public school  (Read 1895 times)
twin_trip_mommy

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2004, 09:17:44 AM »

I am feeling a bit sad and a bit guilty that I am not going to Home School. I just don’t see it as something I can do.

School registration is on Monday (Mar. 29th) I will get to meet the teachers and see the classroom. I am not looking forward to the first day of school or any other. One thing I keep thinking of is the bad behavior that will be picked up another is the lack of respect the schools have for Christian morals.

I also think about how others will judge me because of this decision we made to use the public school system. I know for sure that one of my relatives will be very disappointed and come down on me hard for this choice. She home schools and has more children them us.

Please pray for me to have confidence in the training we have done so far and in the public school system that will be teaching our children.

Thanks twin trip mommy

twin_trip_mommy
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 10:04:05 AM »

Don’t worry, they will love it. Make sure they get into a Sport or some other Extra Curricular activity! They will find it easier to make friends. We will pray for them.

Home School families have an elitist attitude, that they are better because they have their own private school. Many of the ones I know grow up to be cocky and holier-then-thou. I ran into an old friend who used to home school just this weekend. He has his GED and is working at a newspaper, mixing ink. His sister also got her GED, and his working at a bowling Ally, eye candy for the local rednecks. I, the public school lackey, am going to a State accredited University with a 2000 scholarship, even with a bad case a ADD and poor grammer and spelling! Your kids can be what they want, the High School doesn’t make the kid, there own hard work does. Doesn’t matter if they are schooled at home, or at school, if they work hard, they can be whatever they want!

As for the attitude, don’t worry about it. You will not run into a lot of anti-Christian stuff till college, and in that case, it isn’t really anti-Christian, it is just a bunch of science guys who don’t know any better. Grin

You know, if it is any consolation, they say it is almost impossible to indoctrinate someone pass Middle-School. Believe it or not, most people are set in their beliefs by High School.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
twin_trip_mommy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 10:11:17 AM »

You know, if it is any consolation, they say it is almost impossible to indoctrinate someone pass Middle-School. Believe it or not, most people are set in their beliefs by High School.

Sad my children are just going into Kindergarten.  Cry

Oldest are just 5 years old

Thanks for the support and encoraging words  Smiley

twin_trip_mommy
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 02:55:33 PM »

Sad my children are just going into Kindergarten.  Cry

lol, I thought I read they where going into High School. My Bad Grin Well, because they are still inprestionable, don’t underestimate the indoctrination powers of Veggie tales! Everything I need to know I learned from Adventures in Odyssey, the radio show! No kidding, where I ignored my parents, I would quote Mr. Wit if he said the same thing! Grin Trust me on these things! I’m an expert with 20 years experience! Wink

Oldest are just 5 years old

How many do you have?

Thanks for the support and encoraging words  Smiley

I Try. Grin Just pray, and love, that is what mothers do best. Grin Be the sweet mother you are, and your kids will turn out like me some day Grin

twin_trip_mommy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 03:12:08 PM »

how many do you have?
I have 5 children  Smiley

twin_trip_mommy
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 03:21:51 PM »

5 kids? Are you by any chance a Catholic? Grin

How many of them are twins? Just 2? Or is there another reason for the name?

twin_trip_mommy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 04:03:01 PM »

5 kids? Are you by any chance a Catholic?

nope I'm not Catholic Smiley

The only label I like to hold is the one given in John 1 verse 12  "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-- "

I think the only times I have ever entered Catholic Churchs were for Weddings and funerals Wink

How many of them are twins? Just 2? Or is there another reason for the name?
I have one set of twins and one set of triplets

twin_trip_mommy
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 06:32:28 PM »

Wow... Maternity ward must be FULL of fond memories for you, then! Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 06:44:36 PM »

I am feeling a bit sad and a bit guilty that I am not going to Home School. I just don’t see it as something I can do.

It's always hard when the first ones head off to school! But don't feel bad about it! Turn it over to God and when and if the time is right, homeschool will happen!

Until then... most schools have a fun Kindergarten program! Since they do have each other, they will probably be able to avoid a lot of the usual problems! And the 'twin factor' is always a big draw for little ones.... Course that means they will hear a lot of "Are you twins?" Wink

And even though Tibby was publicly schooled, doesn't mean yours have to turn out that way!  Tongue

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2004, 08:06:06 PM »

One set of twins, and one of triplets.  Wow.

Well, it's not the end of the world;  I'm a product of one myself, and look at me.   Grin

But we sure need to be in prayer 'bout this, Twin...

(in case your children start to turn out like Tibby--hehe, and gather strange ambitions, like wanting to be a priest-- Huh)

Lips Sealed

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2004, 09:10:56 PM »

Twin_Trip_Mommy Said:

Please pray for me to have confidence in the training we have done so far and in the public school system that will be teaching our children.

Thanks twin trip mommy

Oklahoma Howdy to Twin_Trip_Mommy,

God has given you and your family a beautiful gift. I will definitely be praying for you and your family. I appreciate your concern as a Christian mother as some of them start to school. My wife has been a school teacher since 1976, and she has concentrated mainly on kindergarten, first grade, and what they call transitional first grade.

We still pray for our children and grandchildren every day, and we will add your children to our list.

Love In Christ,
Tom

LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 10:53:42 AM »

Hi Twin Trip...I also have had trepidation about having my children in public school.  My husband and I have discussed it many times, especially when issues come up (which they will).
We have dealt with the theory of evolution, other kids bad mouths and morals....well alot and they are only in 4th and 1st grade.  
We have decided after much prayer, that maybe as Christians we need to put our children out there.  To be an example.  A light in the world.  Don't get me wrong, they are far from perfect but they know right from wrong and do try to chose right more often than not. I pray for them daily and we talk about there days when they get home (sometimes pulling teeth since they are boys and aren't sooo forthcoming).  We try to teach them all they need here to equip them in every situation but things do arise (and my children have made bad choices) and truly the bad things...God turns into blessings.  It is a time for us to teach our children openly about these issues. And they become stronger in they're relationship with us and with God for them.  The best advice I can give you is to keep your eyes and ears open.  Ask them about they're friends in school (because the friends in the neighborhood and the friends in school are different usually).  Basically I tell them like it is.  It's my job.  Sometimes, I do have to step aside for God to work. (And remind myself to do that).  
God Bless you, Keep praying and I will be praying for your family.
Don't let anyone tell you your making the wrong choice.  I also would love to homeschool but the decision we made I stick by, and am happy we did.  
God is so good and loves your children even more than you do.
He will help you raise them up with Strength and Morality in the face of all adversity.
Your sister in Christ,
LMarsh
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 11:29:21 AM by LMarsh » Logged
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 08:34:23 PM »

what they call transitional first grade.

Ah, good ol' T1. Grin

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 08:49:17 PM »

Well that was beautifully written, LMarsh;  I'll pray for your chillun too.

Smiley
twin_trip_mommy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 11:24:22 PM »

Thank you so much LMarsh (and others) for your comforting supportive words.

I think I am going to like visiting this site  Cheesy

twin_trip_mommy
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the