Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:46:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I Love Homemaking
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Love Homemaking  (Read 2353 times)
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2004, 05:52:30 PM »

This is refreshing and inspiring, hope you gals enjoy it as much as I did!  Smiley

I love homemaking because my time is my own. I dictate how my day will go and that is an awesome thing in this world. Many high paid executives do not have the freedom that I have almost every day.

I love homemaking because yeast, water, and flour make the best smell in the world!

I love homemaking because I get to decorate a corner of God's Footstool in exactly the way I like it with total creative freedom. No other person on earth will decorate in quite the same way.

I love homemaking because my kids get to lick spoons and bowls and smile with whipped cream and sugar on their lips.

I love homemaking because I can sit and read to my children all day if I want with every pillow we own under us.

I love homemaking because my uniform is a simple apron. When I put it on I feel like my grandmother and want to do so many "homey" things for my family.

I love homemaking because I get to keep learning new things to make my home a special place for my kids and my husband. Last year I learned decoupage and tole painting. (Many things from a library book!)

I love homemaking because I get to work in my garden and cut beautiful plants from it to bring into my house.

I love homemaking because I get to listen to beautiful music all day long which causes me to think of my Savior and LORD. My work doesn't even seem like work with Him on my mind.

I love homemaking because I get to cook some of the most wonderful food on a slim budget causing me to give thanks and praise to Him who shows me the way.

I love homemaking because I can go to the library and check out other women's wisdom which inspires me in my own kitchen and home.

I love homemaking because I can stop my kids at any time of the day and say, "Let's pray."

I love homemaking because I can lay on my bed and have great talks with my kids about the LORD and life.

I love homemaking because I get to smell up my house with some of the best smells on earth: homemade bread, apple pie, fried chicken, baked beans, and cole slaw. And that's just one meal!

I love homemaking because I can feel the softness of yarn flowing through my fingers as I knit an aphgan for my kitchen chair.

I love homemaking because I can sit with other women and their babies and compare struggles and trials; then come away feeling so much better to handle my own babies and struggles and trials.

I love homemaking because I can look at each room in my house as a blank canvas to paint a beautiful picture on for my family. And slowly, here and there, I pick up the beautiful treasures at thrift shops or swap meets to make those canvases come alive with love.

I love homemaking because I create the atmosphere all day in my home. If I am at peace, they are at peace. And the King helps keep me at peace because I have spent time at His Throne in the early morning hours learning from Him.

I love homemaking because I have permission to fail while I learn. I have granted permission to myself recently which makes me feel a whole lot better about learning new things and not being afraid to fail.

I love homemaking because I can plan special little surprises for my husband that bring him such delight: homemade pickles that taste like Claussen's.

I love homemaking because I fill little mason jars with homemade jams and watch my kids open them in anticipation for breakfast.

I love homemaking because I can make lemon butter, scones, and devonshire cream for my daughter and all her little friends for "tea".

I love homemaking because all the little girls can dress up in hats that hang in my living room waiting for their next visit.

I love homemaking because when my kids are sick it is no inconvenience. I get to put them right to bed in their pajamas and bring them a "tea table" with a flower, tea, and some special treat to make them smile.

I love homemaking because I get to do things with beautiful fabrics.

I love homemaking because I can gather my kids in my room if I am sick and have them take care of me or just lay next to me and play.

I love homemaking because I get to cut my kids' hair and have them sit on a special stool I designed for them. Then I get the pleasure of looking at their hair for days knowing that I cut it.

I love homemaking because I get to scrub my floors by hand just the way my grandmother did. Then I get to tell everyone to stay off the floor just like she did.

I love homemaking because I get to hang out my clothes on the line just the way my mother did and smell the sweet air in them when they come back in the house.

I love homemaking because I get to stretch a budget beyond measure which gives me great joy to see so much done with so little.

I love homemaking because I get to put a fluffy feather down comforter on everyone's bed and run them out to the clothesline on a windy day.

I love homemaking because I get to smell a freshly bathed child.

I love homemaking because I can put a fresh tablecloth on my table and transform it into a fancy restaurant with a rose in the center.

I love homemaking because there is always a new recipe to try.

I love homemaking because I can cover up "holey rugs" with beautiful handmade throw rugs that someone's grandmother probably made.

I love homemaking because I can cover up stained couches with beautiful couch covers in a rose pattern my grandmother would have worn to church.

I love homemaking because I can sit in any room in my house and it is used to its fullest. No room is for show. Every room is pleasantly occupied.

I love homemaking because no one can make me laugh like my kids.

I love homemaking because I can grab my camera and capture three muddy kids in a moment.

I love homemaking because I can take full advantage of all the seasons. Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring never get by me. I enjoy each immensely.

I love homemaking because I can bring home some of the best books in the world and know they will get read.

I love homemaking because I know my kids very well and can work with them like no other.

I love homemaking because if I am sick of being inside I can go outside.

And if I am sick of being outside I can go inside.

I love homemaking because I can kiss my kids thirty times a day if I want.

I love homemaking because the weather never affects my plans to stay home.

I love homemaking because it makes me more in awe of my mother, grandmother, and favorite aunts causing me to notice their work in great detail.

I love homemaking because my kids can get really dirty and jump in the tub before anyone's the wiser.

I love homemaking because I am the " LORD's Home Servant."

I love homemaking because no one can run this home like I can. No one knows that man of mine like I do. And no one can tell you about those kids that I live with like I can.

I love homemaking because I have time to light candles, put on soft music, and start a fire in the fireplace.

I love homemaking because I know where my kids are, and that gives me great peace because they are beside me.

I love homemaking because I get to be HOME.

I love homemaking because God called me to this job and I love it!!!!

by Laine, called to be a Homemaker of God

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
twin_trip_mommy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 01:56:23 PM »

That was beautiful, inspiring and unselfish.

Thanks for sharing. Did you write this?

twin_trip_mommy
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 01:38:57 AM »

So, is this Laine single? Wink Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 08:23:21 AM »

I love homemaking because my time is my own. I dictate how my day will go and that is an awesome thing in this world. Many high paid executives do not have the freedom that I have almost every day.

My favorite part!  Cheesy

So, is this Laine single?

Single or not, do you REALLY think she needs another child to raise?  Grin

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 03:12:09 PM »

So, is this Laine single?

Single or not, do you REALLY think she needs another child to raise?  Grin

Your starting to sound like Shy now! Cry Grin

Hey, all the best homemakers have husband’s  Wink Grin I just thought I'd offer my assistance in helping her do what she loves Grin Grin What is this world coming to when a man can offer to help a woman without ridicule. Angry Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 06:18:06 PM »

Single or not, do you REALLY think she needs another child to raise?  

rofl!   Grin

truly sorry but she gotcha purty good there tibby   Embarrassed

psst...I dont think there`s really a laine...I mean I love homemaking too...but c`mon read that list again...did you really think any woman can be ALL THAT ... just reading the one meal menu made me tired ...homemade bread, apple pie, fried chicken, baked beans, and cole slaw. And that's just one meal! ...i`d have to be my own mothers grandma to pull that off LOL

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 06:31:48 PM »

Your starting to sound like Shy now!

Ah, then I'm in good company!  Wink

Hey, all the best homemakers have husband’s    I just thought I'd offer my assistance in helping her do what she loves   What is this world coming to when a man can offer to help a woman without ridicule.  
*looks around for a man* *sees none here*  Tongue

Course she has a husband.... someone has to supply that paycheck!

So you're hoping she'll adopt you and then clean up after you?

psst...I dont think there`s really a laine...I mean I love homemaking too...but c`mon read that list again...did you really think any woman can be ALL THAT ... just reading the one meal menu made me tired ...homemade bread, apple pie, fried chicken, baked beans, and cole slaw. And that's just one meal! ...i`d have to be my own mothers grandma to pull that off LOL

We can do it! It didn't say she did it all in one day, did it?  Lips Sealed

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 09:09:02 AM »

k you do it sincerheart, and invite me oer for that one meal k  lol Kiss

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 09:11:05 AM »

Tied down Beautiful!  Smiley

By Edgar A. Guest

"They tie you down," a woman said,
Whose cheeks should have been flaming red
With shame to speak of children so.
When babies come you cannot go
In search of pleasure with your friends,
And all your happy wandering ends.
The things you like you cannot do,
For babies make a slave of you."
I looked at her and said: " ‘Tis true
That children make a slave of you,
And tie you down with many a knot,
But have you ever to what
It is of happiness and pride
That little babies have you tied?

Do you not miss the greater joys
That come with little girls and boys?
They tie you down to laughter rare,
To hours of smiles and hours of care,
To nights of watching and to fears;
Sometimes they tie you down to tears
And then repay you with a smile,
And make your trouble all worth while.
They tie you fast to chubby feet,
And cheeks of pink and kisses sweet.
They fasten you with cords of love
To God divine, who reigns above
They tie you, whereso’er you roam,
Unto the little place called home;
And over sea or railroad track
They tug at you to bring you back.
The happiest people in the town
Are those the babies have tied down.

Oh, go your selfish way and free,
But hampered I would rather be,
Yes rather that a kingly crown
I would be, what you term, tied down;
Tied down to dancing eyes and charms,
Held fast by chubby, dimpled arms,
The fettered slave of girl and boy,
And win from them earth’s finest joy."

LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 01:54:37 PM »

Thanks Shy for that poem.  I couldn't agree more with the writer.  I was just thinking today as I was playing on the floor with my 8 mo old and the 2 mo old I'm watching....what more could i ask for?  I have the best job in the world.  I can take care of my 2 year old who is not feeling well and roll around with the babies.  I can drag a comforter onto the back porch and feed them jello in the sunshine (we did that yesterday).

I felt a bit guilty when I read that homemaking list up top.  But it was inspirational as well.  And who says we have to do it all in one day.  These are the days of memory making for our little ones whether they are ours or for some of  us our grandchildren.  I don't feel like the best mom out there everyday but a pastor once preached instead of looking "down" at yourself....look up to the Lord.  He lives in us and he gives us strength and good intentions.  I will never measure up to my lofty expectations but I will never be perfect so I just try my best with God's help.

Boy Howdy, I would like to aspire to make a meal like that though.  Grin

God Bless,
LMarsh

Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 08:43:40 PM »

It all sounds pretty cool Smiley

Though its not something I could ever do, I'd end up knocking the house to bits or setting myself on fire (I am a clumsy person).

But it does sound nice.

Good post.

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2004, 08:47:39 PM »

THE GIRL I USED TO BE

She came tonight as I sat alone..
The girl I used to be....
And she gazed at me with her earnest eye
And questioned reproachfully:

Have you forgotten the many plans
And hopes I had for you?
The great career, the splendid fame,
All the wonderful things to do?

Where is the mansion of stately height
With all its gardens rare?
The silken robes that I dreamed for you
And the jewels in your hair?

And as she spoke, I was very sad
For I wanted her pleased with me...
This slender girl from the shadowy past
The girl that I used to be.

So gently rising, I took her hand
And guided her up the stairs
Where peacefully sleeping, my babies lay
innocent, sweet, and fair.

And I told her that these are my only gems,
And precious they are to me;
That silken robes is my motherhood
Of costly simplicity.

And my mansion of stately height is love,
And the only career I know
Is serving each day in these sheltered walls
For the dear ones who come and go.

And as I spoke to my shadowy guest,
She smiled through her tears at me.
And I saw the woman that I am now
It pleased the girl I used to be.

- Author unknown

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 08:28:46 AM »

Now that was simply wonderful!  Cheesy

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2004, 06:43:24 AM »

Now that was simply wonderful!  Cheesy

Cheesy

Homeskillet

God Rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2004, 03:17:21 PM »

Smiley

I work full time and am a full time single parent so when I read things like that all I can think to myself is "prayerfully someday I'll be able to do that"....I haven't always felt that way though.

I used to think even if I ever did get married again that I would still WANT to work because I do honestly love my career. Not to mention I was raised to be a 'womens libber'...and always believed "no man will ever tell me what to do" etc. etc. But, when I became a Christian I realized that those views totally contradicted the Biblical view of marriage and women in general. I've made a lot of changes in my views over the years and now, I LOOK FORWARD to being able to submit to a man.  Smiley

I've never really enjoyed cooking, baking, sewing, etc. but I think that's only because I never have time because of my career and the fact that I am a single parent. I think IF I had a husband and didn't have to go to work everyday that I would SO enjoy to cook and clean and do all kinds of things for him and the children. I honestly hope to have that chance one day. (Am I nuts or what?  Grin)

Sorry I took the thread for a spin, I just really liked the poem and original post. God bless.  Smiley

"To believe that the God of heaven and earth calls me beautiful, well, I think I could rest in that. If I truly knew that He was smitten with me...The desperate search would be over. I would be noticed. Desired. Known."~~Angela Thomas
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the