Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Gay bashing on a forum, a neocon hobby ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: No, I am not gay, but I find the amount of gay bashing forum topics shocking, especially since this is the prophecy forum [and therefore off - topic]
i'm not a neocon, yet I bash - 0 (0%)
create a special gaybash corner - 0 (0%)
gays and all those other ppl that don't live in texas/USA don't have rights - 1 (50%)
i'm frustrated that they don't listen to the gospel - 0 (0%)
another reason (please state below) - 1 (50%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gay bashing on a forum, a neocon hobby ?  (Read 3890 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 12:05:06 AM »

I’ll remember that when I drink coffee next time. Really going to put a damper on my morning to know the caffeine makes me no better the Heroine addict. Roll Eyes

Sin is sin, just like crime is crime. However, a child molester who kids the children he rapes and a j-walker to crosses the street when no cars are coming are not the same level. They both broke laws, both of them are doing things that are ilegal, but they are not both of the same caliber. Likewise, a 5 year-old who breaks a commandment and tells him Mother he did not stain her new white dress isn’t on the same level as a murder.

There is no formal rules about which sins are which, but give me a break. Roll Eyes Next you are going to tell me J-walkers should be put to death for breaking the law.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2004, 02:43:56 AM »

I’ll remember that when I drink coffee next time. Really going to put a damper on my morning to know the caffeine makes me no better the Heroine addict. Roll Eyes

Sin is sin, just like crime is crime. However, a child molester who kids the children he rapes and a j-walker to crosses the street when no cars are coming are not the same level. They both broke laws, both of them are doing things that are ilegal, but they are not both of the same caliber. Likewise, a 5 year-old who breaks a commandment and tells him Mother he did not stain her new white dress isn’t on the same level as a murder.
Christ seemed to think anger was as bad as murder, and a lustful glance as bad as adultery.  I suggest you go and read Matthew 5 again.

There is no formal rules about which sins are which, but give me a break. Roll Eyes Next you are going to tell me J-walkers should be put to death for breaking the law.
How we deal with the practicalities in this world has little to do with sin and ideals, and everything to do with practical necessity.  Blasphemy is about as sinful as you can get, but you lot hang murderers but no-one with two brain cells to rub together suggests that blasphemy should even be a crime anymore.

Sin is sin, so look to the plank in your own eye.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 09:00:08 AM »

Christ seemed to think anger was as bad as murder, and a lustful glance as bad as adultery.  I suggest you go and read Matthew 5 again.

That is assuming that I believe the worst sins are physical. Sin don’t have to be physical. Matthew isn’t about all sin being equal, it is about understanding sins aren’t just physical. There are sins of the heart and mind, and they can be just as damaging as sinning of the body. Living in a physical world, be normally thing of Physical sins as being the worst because we can see the damage done normally right away. Sins committed in the heart and mind are of equal caliber are just as bad.

How we deal with the practicalities in this world has little to do with sin and ideals, and everything to do with practical necessity.  Blasphemy is about as sinful as you can get, but you lot hang murderers but no-one with two brain cells to rub together suggests that blasphemy should even be a crime anymore.

As I said above, we normally assume physical sins are worst because we can see the effects, however, this isn't always the case.

For the plank eye verse to be true, we would have to assume you have a splinter in your own. In terms of sin, for me to have a plank-sized sin, and for you to have a splinter sized sin only proves my point. I must get my big sin out of my life, before I deal with your little sin.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 03:56:38 PM by Tibby » Logged

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2004, 04:47:08 PM »

That is assuming that I believe the worst sins are physical. Sin don’t have to be physical. Matthew isn’t about all sin being equal, it is about understanding sins aren’t just physical. There are sins of the heart and mind, and they can be just as damaging as sinning of the body. Living in a physical world, be normally thing of Physical sins as being the worst because we can see the damage done normally right away. Sins committed in the heart and mind are of equal caliber are just as bad.
True but missing the point.  You really do only see one message in any given passage don't you?  Roll Eyes

As I said above, we normally assume physical sins are worst because we can see the effects, however, this isn't always the case.
True but irrelevent.  The criminal system isn't about punishing sin, it's about protecting the innocent.  A sin that hurts no-one except God and yourself isn't the concern of the criminal system.

For the plank eye verse to be true, we would have to assume you have a splinter in your own. In terms of sin, for me to have a plank-sized sin, and for you to have a splinter sized sin only proves my point. I must get my big sin out of my life, before I deal with your little sin.
You're so far off the mark, this is a waste of time.  And you call yourself a Catholic.  sigh  Roll Eyes

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2004, 06:23:30 PM »

So, did you not have any good replies to my post, or do you just not have the time to reply with your usual brilliance? Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 06:59:13 PM »

So, did you not have any good replies to my post, or do you just not have the time to reply with your usual brilliance? Grin

Oklahoma Howdy to Tibby,

I'll give you some Oklahoma sunshine, but I'm keeping my brilliance.   Grin

There most certainly is a difference in types of sin in the eyes of God. There are many types of sin that Christians may be guilty of and not even know it at the time. Maybe they learn or realize later what they did was sin, confess those sins, and pray for forgiveness. This is what a Christian must do for more joy and fellowship with Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. There are no perfect Christians, and all Christians sin, but the difference is their ruler, Jesus Christ and Light.

Now, let's talk about a different kind of sin, like homosexuality. This is a continuous, on purpose, and in God's face type of abomination. There would be no purpose in confessing this sin if the person was going to continue the abomination in the eyes of God. There is no repentance if the person is going to deliberately continue in abomination. As an end result, there is no confession, repentance, or forgiveness for an act the person will intentionally live and wallow in. They are in complete darkness, and they can choose the light if they STOP, CONFESS, REPENT, AND ASK JESUS CHRIST TO COME INTO THEIR HEARTS AS THEIR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR. In other words, they are lost and they will stay lost as long as they allow darkness and the devil to be the ruler of their lives. They are not Christians.

Yes Tibby, there is a difference and you are right. All Christians fight urges and desires of the devil for their entire lives. Any Christian who says they don't fight and resist the devil are either liars or in a comma.

Love In Christ,
Tom

BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2004, 10:28:37 PM »

to the gays whom try to resist and look for forgiveness
to the person whom has aborted thier baby and weeps
to the theif whom ask for help and forgiveness
to the repenter  Smiley

tothe gay and proud of it
to the promoters of abortion
 to the  theif  who has no feeling to his victim
to the boastful Sad
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 11:11:30 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Butcha,

I think that you just spoke volumes of the truth. I was thinking about a dear friend of my family while reading your post. He has gone home to be with his Lord and Saviour.

He murdered a man while he was robbing a store. His young age and other circumstances were considered, and he got out of prison 18 years later after near perfect behavior and preaching the Gospel in prison. His original sentence was 25 years, so he had a lengthy parole with many obligations.

He gave his heart to Jesus while he was in prison and dedicated his life to ministry, in prison or out. He spent the rest of his life on the road from prison and jail to prison and jail, preaching the Gospel wherever they would let him. The list got huge and eventually involved numerous states. God used him and many small churches tried to help pay for his gasoline and other expenses. A host of his best friends were ministers, and the fact that he was a murderer was washed clean by the BLOOD OF JESUS.

I think that we both tried to make the same point. Who is the BOSS of your life - Jesus or the devil? Yes, my dear friend that I loved was a murderer, but Jesus was his BOSS. After he accepted Jesus Christ, he was nothing but a kind and gentle man who loved Jesus.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2004, 11:20:50 PM »

John 19:11

11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
KJV
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2004, 11:54:10 PM »

While the bible doesn’t directly address the issue of whether or sin is all equal, and doesn‘t set us a Dante-style hell for each type of sin, we can clearly see thanks to Reba’s post that the Early Church did view sins as different.

While we a quoting verses as proof:

1 John 5:16-17

"If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that. All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death."

Then there is the little issue of Blasphemy of the holy spirit being an unpardonable sin.

Come one Ebia, you are starting to sound like an anti-Catholic. Once you show them they are wrong, Oh, they can't waste there time on you, you are hopeless. Roll Eyes I expect that from S4E, not from you. You disapoint me, Ebia. Wink Grin

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2004, 02:11:05 AM »

Come one Ebia, you are starting to sound like an anti-Catholic.

I can't see where you get that from?  I'd hardly be anti-catholic, I work for the RCC remember.

Once you show them they are wrong, Oh, they can't waste there time on you, you are hopeless. Roll Eyes I expect that from S4E, not from you. You disapoint me, Ebia. Wink Grin
The differences are tangential to the topic of this thread, particularly when I have to debate with one hand metaphorically tied behind my back.  I therefore choose to bow out of this line of debate.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2004, 11:07:35 AM »

I can't see where you get that from?  I'd hardly be anti-catholic, I work for the RCC remember.

I explained what in the sentence right under that one. Come on, you had to know that. To quote your own post “Are you really this thick, or just pretending?” Grin

Once you show them they are wrong, Oh, they can't waste there time on you, you are hopeless. Roll Eyes I expect that from S4E, not from you. You disapoint me, Ebia. Wink Grin
The differences are tangential to the topic of this thread, particularly when I have to debate with one hand metaphorically tied behind my back.  I therefore choose to bow out of this line of debate.

Ok, ok, I will respect that... this time ;)You may not get so luck next time, Mr. Bond. Grin

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2004, 03:55:28 PM »

I explained what in the sentence right under that one. Come on, you had to know that. To quote your own post “Are you really this thick, or just pretending?” Grin

In that case, I still don't get what you meant by that comment, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2004, 04:13:12 PM »

It was a joke, about how the anti-Catholics lose an arguement, but the save face, they tell us they can't waste there time on us, and we just don't get what they are a saying.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2004, 04:30:03 PM »

It was a joke, about how the anti-Catholics lose an arguement, but the save face, they tell us they can't waste there time on us, and we just don't get what they are a saying.

Your killing me Tibby Grin

ROFLOL Grin Grin Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the