Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:03:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Restore the Constitution and Our Religious Liberty!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Restore the Constitution and Our Religious Liberty!  (Read 11165 times)
The Crusader
« on: March 18, 2004, 05:06:37 AM »

Restore the Constitution and Our Religious Liberty!

Not since the ink dried on the U.S. Constitution has our liberty been at such great risk. Last summer's travesty of justice against the Ten Commandments monument in Alabama was a direct assault on the Constitution's guarantees of freedom of speech, free exercise of religion and freedom from federal interference in matters reserved to the people and the states.

Your help is needed to stop black-robed tyrants from turning America into an atheist state that actively persecutes religious believers!
Please  go to ConservativePetitions.com to see what is at stake. Here's the address:
http://www.conservativepetitions.com/petitions.php?id=266

Our situation is dire, yet it offers a great moment of opportunity to turn things around! Our Constitution can and must be restored if we are to halt the same kind of tyrannical violations of God-given rights that America was founded to prevent. Here is where to help restore our Constitution and our liberty:

Will you boldly stand up and speak out against this judicial
dictatorship and government-sanctioned religious persecution? Then sign a petition in support of the "Constitution Restoration Act of 2004" --
H.R. 3799 and S. 2082 now before Congress.

Then join us in an effort to educate fellow citizens on how our
Constitution is being abused and what is needed to make it right. Help move your brethren to action that will defend the integrity of the Constitution and thus protect our right of religious expression! Here again is where to join the fight:

Keep Faith!

Alan Keyes
Chairman
The Declaration Alliance

P.S. Let it be said of us that when time came to stand up for the Word of God, and to protect our constitutional order, we the people of America heard the call. Don't let our Founders' vision of religious freedom -- untrammeled by government -- be ground under the heel of unelected, atheist judges. Act now! And pray for God to touch hearts and create a loud outcry that cannot be ignored at:
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 07:55:43 PM »

Pray for God to touch hearts and create a loud outcry that cannot be ignored
amen crusader!

On November 6, 2003, the Family Independence Agency (FIA) of Michigan initiated a halt on the inflow of referred children coming to Teen Ranch, a fully licensed and state-approved residential and foster care placement organization. This moratorium was established after an FIA official objected to the 37-year-old organization’s practice of incorporating faith when helping neglected, abused, and troubled youth between the ages of 11 and 17.

Who’s Next?

Dr. D. James Kennedy, president and founder of the CENTER FOR RECLAIMING AMERICA, stated, “This case is particularly dangerous because if a state-funded foster care organization can be barred from offering Christian counseling and other faith-based programs to its children, then it is increasingly likely that such restrictions could extend to individual Christian foster parents.”

http://www.reclaimamerica.org/Pages/News/newspage.asp?story=1511

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Learning_disciple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 04:28:11 PM »

Hi Crusader,  Smiley

Will you be voting for Michael Peroutka the Constitution Party
candidate in the upcoming presidential election in Nov? I know that I am going to vote for him.

http://tinyurl.com/37sea

He may not get in office, but at least I will be voting in a way I will not have to be ashamed.

God
bless

"Your not as bad as you think you are. Your a lot worse. Cheer up, God's grace is greater then you think it is" ~ Steve Brown
Learning_disciple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 04:33:53 PM »

Wink This url gives more info on the Constitution Party Candidate. http://tinyurl.com/2vs72

Who knows if God may not have brought this man up for such a time as this?

God
bless

"Your not as bad as you think you are. Your a lot worse. Cheer up, God's grace is greater then you think it is" ~ Steve Brown
Reba
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 08:32:29 PM »

Thanks,

It is nice to be reminded there  ARE some good guys out there....

I have had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Keyes speak in person. The man is spell binding. His cause is just....
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 10:48:20 PM »

Restore the Constitution

The constitution never went away.  The interpretation of the constitution has been bent to satisfy the unGodly.  Just as the Commandments will never go away simply because they have been outlawed by the same lobby that bends and misinterprets the constitution.  They are the same who take the commandment “You shall not murder” and remove that basic human right from those among us that are the most helpless; the unborn and elderly.  It is up to us to do what we can to make sure we have servants (yes – they are our servants) who will interpret the law as it is meant to be interpreted.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 03:01:47 AM »

Restore the Constitution

It is up to us to do what we can to make sure we have servants (yes – they are our servants) who will interpret the law as it is meant to be interpreted.
Meant by whom?   The (secular) law belongs to the current citizens of the country, not people who died a couple of hundred years ago

The way Americans seem to regard those who originally wrote your consititution as though they were divinely inspired is incomprehensible to the rest of the world.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 11:38:27 AM »

Ebia,
I could care less what “the rest of the world” thinks about American's and our views of our founding fathers.  American's opinions of those who 'dis' us is probably somewhat lower.

I contend that the U.S. Constitution was, in fact, divinely inspired in that the Founding Fathers did have deep faith and did keep God in mind when writing it.

97% of the founding fathers were practicing Christians and exercised their faith in public office, at work, at home, and had it taught to their children in their schools. 187 of the first 200 colleges in America were Christian, Bible teaching institutions. Entrance to Harvard required strong knowledge of the Bible. The money was printed, "One Nation Under God." Noah Webster wrote the dictionary with Bible verses explained so children could understand the words of God and know the truth of Jesus Christ. Webster even wrote a translation of the Bible for the American speaking people.  (Source: http://www.christianparents.com)

"You do well to wish to learn our arts and our ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. Congress will do everything they can to assist you in this wise intention." George Washington

"Let...statesmen and patriots unite their endeavors to renovate the age by...educating their little boys and girls...and leading them in the study and practice of the exalted virtues of the Christian system." Samuel Adams

"History will also afford frequent opportunities of showing the necessity of a public religion...and the excellency of the Christian religion above all others, ancient or modern." Benjamin Franklin

"Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation." John Jay

"The United States of America were no longer Colonies. They were an independent nation of Christians." John Quincy Adams

Also, I contend that today’s interpretations of the Constitution are by and for a minority of the “thinkers” and do not represent the majority of American opinion.

All polls show that a majority are against abortion.  
All poles show that a majority want “…under God” left in the Pledge.  
All polls show that the majority approve of prayer in school.  
All polls show that the majority believe our laws are based on the Ten Commandments and also believe the Commandments should be displayed in court rooms.  
All polls indicate that the majority believe American Judges are ‘legislating from the bench’ to appease the ACLU.

Of course - since you are not American (I don't think??) I don't expect you to understand any of this, and I don't hold you in low regard for not understanding the American mind.
Also - since you are not American, I should say that the 5 quotes, above (if you don't recognize the names) are all from American founding fathers - just 5 quotes of hundreds from the founding fathers confirming Jesus Christ as Lord and that He was in their minds and hearts as they wrote the document in question.

God bless,
JN
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 12:01:30 PM by JudgeNot » Logged

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 10:19:05 AM »

The constitution never went away.  The interpretation of the constitution has been bent to satisfy the unGodly.  Just as the Commandments will never go away simply because they have been outlawed by the same lobby that bends and misinterprets the constitution.  They are the same who take the commandment “You shall not murder” and remove that basic human right from those among us that are the most helpless; the unborn and elderly.  It is up to us to do what we can to make sure we have servants (yes – they are our servants) who will interpret the law as it is meant to be interpreted.

Well said Judgenot.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 01:12:04 AM »

Ebia,
I could care less what “the rest of the world” thinks about American's and our views of our founding fathers.  American's opinions of those who 'dis' us is probably somewhat lower.
I wasn't "dis"ing anyone.  I mealy said it's incomprehensible to the rest of us that you would put that level of confidence in any group of people, however impecable their credentials.

I contend that the U.S. Constitution was, in fact, divinely inspired in that the Founding Fathers did have deep faith and did keep God in mind when writing it.
I don't doubt that they were men of deep faith, and that they did their best to serve God and their country.  It does not follow that they were divinely inspired.  The US consitution isn't the bible, and those men weren't infalliable.

Also, I contend that today’s interpretations of the Constitution are by and for a minority of the “thinkers” and do not represent the majority of American opinion.
This is rather more to the point, but opinion polls are notoriously unreliable.

Of course - since you are not American (I don't think??) I don't expect you to understand any of this,

I'm not an American, but I'm not an idiot.

and I don't hold you in low regard for not understanding the American mind.
You might try to sound like you mean that.

Also - since you are not American, I should say that the 5 quotes, above (if you don't recognize the names) are all from American founding fathers
I recognise 4 out of 5, and I could have guessed the other.

- just 5 quotes of hundreds from the founding fathers confirming Jesus Christ as Lord and that He was in their minds and hearts as they wrote the document in question.
I don't doubt it, but men have had God "in their minds and hearts" and gone on to write some extreamly falliable documents.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Reba
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 01:23:05 AM »

Restore the Constitution

It is up to us to do what we can to make sure we have servants (yes – they are our servants) who will interpret the law as it is meant to be interpreted.
Meant by whom?   The (secular) law belongs to the current citizens of the country, not people who died a couple of hundred years ago

The way Americans seem to regard those who originally wrote your consititution as though they were divinely inspired is incomprehensible to the rest of the world.

If Americans would reguard those men as such this nation would be doing well. I am deeply saddened that those men and their sacrifice is so quickly disreguarded by folks who call them selfs Americans.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 06:52:15 PM by Reba » Logged
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 10:12:21 AM »

You might try to sound like you mean that.

LOL, Ebia!
If this forum had sound I'm certain you would hear the sincerity in my voice.  Cheesy  Cheesy

JPD
Alnilam

ATM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 03:07:38 PM »

Do we need a bill like this :

http://www.renewamerica.us/commandments/legislation/hr3799.htm

Why ?  Does the first ammendment not provide adequate protection ?

Alnilam
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 04:30:05 PM »

Alnilam,
Let’s see if the following can help you answer your question for yourself:

The First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

First of all, most normal thinking individuals who can plainly read English know that the first phrase, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...” clearly means that the government is prohibited from making a religion (such as Catholicism or Presbyterianism) “The Official Government Religion”.  This clause was inserted because of the status of The Church of England at that time, and the subsequent outlawing of any other denominations.  However, ‘modern day’ (secular humanist) thinking believes it means that the name God or anything having to do with God should be forbidden from public display in public spaces.  With the power of the ACLU, the secular humanists are winning in the courts.
Second of all, the phrase “…or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;…” does NOT include, according to those same secular humanists, acknowledgement of God.  

JPD
Alnilam

ATM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 05:22:11 PM »

Thank you JudgeNot,

I would carry the interpretation of the establishment clause a little further to say that government is not to favor (or dis-favor) one or more religions over others.  In essence, government is to be neutral regarding religion.  Do you agree ?

There are limits to "free" speach but I do not feel these limits would include the mention of God, but would deal with things like libel for example.  So far, I do not see the mention of God being outlawed or repressed in and on its' own.  If you would provide one or more examples we could discuss it (them).

I do not find this bill to be a good one for a number of reasons.  For one, it violates the checks and balances our founding fathers intended.  Eliminating past cases from being used as precedent seems a very bad thing.  

If you read the bill I'm sure you can imagine situations where it could "backfire" on its' supporters.

Thanks !

Alnilam
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the